It is currently: May 18, '24, 9:22 am

Last night might have been the most disappointing SB ever

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Last night might have been the most disappointing SB ever

Postby The Legend » Feb 08, '16, 8:48 am

I mean seriously, the game was crap, filled with at least as much horrible offense as there was great defense. Never did you think either offense was going to sustain a drive or hit a big play to get the room excited.

The Halftime show was god awful.

And the commercials were horrid. Only good one was the Doritos sonogram spot.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Last night might have been the most disappointing SB ever

Postby Everlong » Feb 08, '16, 8:55 am

I thought the halftime show was awesome.

Also, I thought the game was decent for the most part. Not great, but not awful. We're only two years removed from the true most disappointing Super Bowl ever.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 08, '16, 9:23 am

I didn't think it was that bad, then again I wanted Peyton Manning to win another title. If you were a Carolina fan it would be though :P

I enjoyed halftime too, what's with all the hate? I don't get it, Coldplay was decent, Bruno and Beyonce were good. What was there to hate that much about it, unless you hate all three acts I suppose.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Feb 08, '16, 9:38 am

The halftime show is generally always crap to me, because the music gets drown out by over the top unnecessary filler. Beyond that, it was an ok game. It was just more about the defense then the offense. Von Miller was the best part of the whole SB. The commercials were crap, but I have lowered my expectations over the years.

We're only two years removed from the true most disappointing Super Bowl ever.

As bad as Seattle-Denver was, Chicago-Indy was way worst. That is the only Superbowl I ever quit watching because I was beyond bored.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby UTK » Feb 08, '16, 10:50 am

I've almost never liked the halftime shows, but I would agree this year's was a little worse. I usually hate who plays so I appreciate when they make it entertaining, but this year's was just sort of boring. But again, I usually don't like it no matter what, so that didn't matter to me.

Panthers just shit the bed. I was really hoping for a great game, a close fight, but I got something that felt like an early season game. Didn't even feel like the Super Bowl.

But I hosted the Super Bowl party for the first time among me and my girlfriend's friends so I had a blast regardless. In fact the game's shittiness allowed me to be a more active host because there was a point where I stopped caring about the game.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 08, '16, 1:52 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. :golfclap

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby PorkChop » Feb 08, '16, 2:09 pm

I didn't watch the game, but this superbowl barely received any attention over here compared to previous ones. American Football isn't particularly popular over here but there was always some sort of coverage for the superbowl on our sports channels, but this time around I barely saw or heard anything about the game. I know a few people who watch the NFL and in previous years they've been fairly hyped, but I haven't heard a word about this one.

If it wasn't for this forum, I probably wouldn't have known it was happening. It's really strange. Such a difference from previous years.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Feb 08, '16, 3:40 pm

PorkChop wrote:I didn't watch the game, but this superbowl barely received any attention over here compared to previous ones. American Football isn't particularly popular over here but there was always some sort of coverage for the superbowl on our sports channels, but this time around I barely saw or heard anything about the game. I know a few people who watch the NFL and in previous years they've been fairly hyped, but I haven't heard a word about this one.

If it wasn't for this forum, I probably wouldn't have known it was happening. It's really strange. Such a difference from previous years.

Partially cus of the teams that made it. Neither Arizona nor Carolina (the two possible teams from the NFC that could have made it) are particularly large markets and don't get a whole lot of national (or international) coverage. Recently there have been a lot of really attractive matchups as far as the media is concerned, but that wasn't so much the case this year.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby War Daddy » Feb 08, '16, 6:43 pm

Game was boring because of the stellar defenses shutting down(for the most part) the other offense. Kuechly and Von Miller are fucking animals man.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Return to NFL