It is currently: May 13, '24, 4:45 am

Are Vikings better off for losing last night?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Are Vikings better off for losing last night?

Postby The Legend » Dec 11, '15, 6:34 am

So I've been thinking about this while listening to some sports talk about how bad the loss was for the Vikings last night. I think Minnesota was better off losing last night than if they won. If the Vikings won last night, they most likely wind up the 3 seed if they hold on to win the NFC North. With the loss they'll most likely be the top wild card team. Either way in the second and third round of the playoffs they are looking at beating Arizona and Carolina on the road to get to the Super Bowl. I think the only thing that changed last night is literally that instead of being home to face Seattle in the first round, they will go on the road and face the winner of the NFC Least instead. I know which I'd choose every time.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Are Vikings better off for losing last night?

Postby Messiah » Dec 11, '15, 7:03 am

The issue is barring a huge upset, the Seahawks will beat the Ravens on Sunday and take the #5 seed as it stands now. That means the Vikings would have to travel to Lambeau in the first round. Probably more ideal than playing the Seahawks, but they would be a lot better off with a home game in the wild-card round.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Dec 11, '15, 8:13 am

I don't think anybody's ever better off losing in any situation.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Dec 11, '15, 8:18 am

Messiah wrote:The issue is barring a huge upset, the Seahawks will beat the Ravens on Sunday and take the #5 seed as it stands now. That means the Vikings would have to travel to Lambeau in the first round. Probably more ideal than playing the Seahawks, but they would be a lot better off with a home game in the wild-card round.

If they were to fall to the sixth seed then it would be a huge problem for them, but I'm not sure they won't finish stronger than Seattle down the stretch or not.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Dec 11, '15, 1:54 pm

I'm not even sure that I am sold on the Vikings making the playoffs over the Buccaneers.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to NFL