It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 2:14 pm

Johnny Manziel hasn't changed at all

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Johnny Manziel hasn't changed at all

Postby The Legend » Oct 17, '15, 5:56 pm

Two news items this week from the Manziel Chronicles...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13904213/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-pulled-arguing-girlfriend-admitted-drinking

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2015/10/17/commentary-browns-qb-johnny-manziel-still-hasnt-learned-even-after-latest-incident-with-police/

The first incident involved Manziel driving while arguing with his girlfriend after drinking in public (7 months after spending 3 months in rehab), driving crazily, passing people on the shoulder of a highway and allegedly assaulting his girlfriend by banging her head into the car window.

The second incident is from a reporter that covers the team that said he and Manziel left the facility at the same time on Thursday (three days later) and Manziel was speeding and driving crazy again, cutting him off.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Johnny Manziel hasn't changed at all

Postby Everlong » Oct 18, '15, 9:09 am

Ok the first incident was very likely overblown by the media. "Drinking in public" could mean having a single beverage, and the assault of his girlfriend was almost definitely untrue according to a variety of other sources. All that's known is they had an argument, and Manziel told cops he had had a drink. He wasn't charged with anything, he was pulled over and that was it.

Do'nt know much about the second incident, but it sounds like a story that would easily be made up to piggyback off the overblown first story.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '15, 5:42 am

Everlong wrote:Ok the first incident was very likely overblown by the media. "Drinking in public" could mean having a single beverage, and the assault of his girlfriend was almost definitely untrue according to a variety of other sources. All that's known is they had an argument, and Manziel told cops he had had a drink. He wasn't charged with anything, he was pulled over and that was it.

Do'nt know much about the second incident, but it sounds like a story that would easily be made up to piggyback off the overblown first story.

Drinking in public could mean a single beverage. Feel how you want about that, but I believe that a 22-year-old who is 7-months removed from a 3-months stay in a substance abuse rehabilitation center for being an alcoholic after drinking so much his rookie season that he would miss practices, meetings and other necessary team settings because he was too fucking hungover to get his ass out of bed is a very big deal because for an alcoholic it's never just one drink. Team security had to go to his downtown apartment two days before the final game of the season last year because he couldn't even answer his fucking phone to tell anyone he was even alive after throwing a party that resulted in three Browns players (Manziel, Justin Gilbert, Josh Gordon) being suspended for the final game. I'll say it right now, every SIP of alcohol Manziel has is a huge deal and a horrible idea. He can't handle his alcohol, he's never been able to handle his alcohol, hell when he was 16 years old his father bought him a Lexus, all he had to do was not drink any more alcohol in high school. He had to give his father the keys to the car TWO WEEKS later.

As for the argument with his girlfriend, we also know Manziel was driving like a maniac passing people in the SHOULDER OF A HIGHWAY GOING 90 MPH! The only reason he wasn't cited was because the police weren't the ones that caught him doing it, but multiple other drivers, whose life he was putting in danger saw it and called police.

Ad for who to believe in the argument, Manziel has proven himself since he was a freshman in college to be a totally unaccountable, untrustworthy and unbelievable person. I don't believe his version of events that he didn't assault his girlfriend, because Manziel has never given me any reason to believe anything that comes out of his mouth is ever true. I've already said how I feel about fucking NFL players that assault women and I'm not going to change my mind just because Manziel wears an orange helmet on Sundays.

The guy is a pathological liar, an unaccountable loser drunk who is a total waste of human skin and the oxygen we all breathe. He should have already been forced out of the league, in prison and doing what his work talents and abilities say he should be doing for the rest of his life, which is being a greeter at Wal-Mart for less than minimum wage.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Oct 19, '15, 5:48 am

The Legend wrote:The guy is a pathological liar, an unaccountable loser drunk who is a total waste of human skin and the oxygen we all breathe. He should have already been forced out of the league, in prison and doing what his work talents and abilities say he should be doing for the rest of his life, which is being a greeter at Wal-Mart for less than minimum wage.

Holy overreaction. :lol

What has Manziel done ever to warrant him being in prison? Just because you don't like how someone carries themselves doesn't mean they are a criminal.

Calm down.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '15, 5:54 am

Messiah wrote:
The Legend wrote:The guy is a pathological liar, an unaccountable loser drunk who is a total waste of human skin and the oxygen we all breathe. He should have already been forced out of the league, in prison and doing what his work talents and abilities say he should be doing for the rest of his life, which is being a greeter at Wal-Mart for less than minimum wage.

Holy overreaction. :lol

What has Manziel done ever to warrant him being in prison? Just because you don't like how someone carries themselves doesn't mean they are a criminal.

Calm down.

Snorted drugs in a Las Vegas bathroom during his rookie season.

And as we just covered, assaulted his girlfriend in his car a week ago.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Oct 19, '15, 6:00 am

The Legend wrote:Snorted drugs in a Las Vegas bathroom during his rookie season.

Oh the travesty!

And no, you do not know that is what he was doing. Neither is there anything to indicate he actually "assaulted" his girlfriend (there were no signs of bodily harm other than a wrist abrasion, which is credited to Manziel trying to stop her from jumping out of the car as they were driving, and it was said that she was intoxicated), but I won't get into this with you again. You have already established you don't care about guilty/innocent and choose to believe what you want to believe.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '15, 6:08 am

You asked what he's done to go to prison, agree with the law or not, care about the law or not, snorting drugs in this country is supposed to land you in prison. And no, I'm not going to buy into any sort of cop out that there's plenty of legal reasons to tightly roll money in a bathroom. There are zero realistic legal reasons to roll money in a bathroom.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Oct 19, '15, 7:12 am

Lets say you are right and he was rolling up a line of cocaine. It clearly wasn't much. Not enough to send a first time offender to prison. Likely just probation and a fine unless they found there was intent to deal.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '15, 7:48 am

Messiah wrote: You have already established you don't care about guilty/innocent and choose to believe what you want to believe.

I don't choose to believe what I want to believe. I choose to believe the truth, not some elaborate lie concocted by our convoluted justice system. I believe in the truth and reality. The justice system says Ray Fucking Rice was never "guilty" of punching Janay Palmer in the face and knocking her out cold. We all know the truth is a completely different matter. So yes, when deciding what to "believe in" I trust my own judgement far more than that of 12 strangers who were too stupid to know how to get out of jury duty.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Oct 19, '15, 8:55 am

Oh please show me these facts and truth that show Manziel assaulted his girlfriend.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '15, 9:03 am

Messiah wrote:Oh please show me these facts and truth that show Manziel assaulted his girlfriend.

"In the report, Crowley told police Manziel pushed her head into a window. She wanted her cell phone because she was concerned about her safety and said she just wanted to return to Texas."

It's in the police report. That's where the facts and truth are. She is far more trustworthy than Manziel at this point. I believe her side of the story far more than I believe Johnny's, because Johnny has a history of being a pathological liar about all the wrong things he's done.

Last edited by The Legend on Oct 19, '15, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Oct 19, '15, 9:05 am

Oh, because she said it, it's the truth. :lol

She is far more trustworthy than Manziel at this point. I believe her side of the story far more than I believe Johnny's,

Dude, you don't even know her! :lol

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '15, 10:28 am

Messiah wrote:Oh, because she said it, it's the truth. :lol

She is far more trustworthy than Manziel at this point. I believe her side of the story far more than I believe Johnny's,

Dude, you don't even know her! :lol

You shouldn't have cut off the rest of that sentence. Johnny is a pathological liar and a sweet-talking con artist. That's important to the fact that I believe anyone more than I believe Manziel.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Oct 19, '15, 2:25 pm

Because you know she isn't one as well, right?

Also, what was also confirmed is the police found NO BODILY HARM TO HER THAT WOULD INDICATE MANZIEL ASSAULTED HER.

But let's ignore that too, right? Let us also ignore she didn't want to ride with the police and stayed with Manziel too, right?

Gah, I shouldn't have gotten into this. I like you a lot dude but I swear you assume way too much. You always assume guilt. There are no facts. It is just what you want to believe because you dislike Manziel. But lets believe the woman who was intoxicated. She's clearly trustworthy based off the minimal (read: nonexistent) information we know about her other than she is dating Manziel.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Romo » Oct 19, '15, 5:13 pm

The Legend wrote:
Messiah wrote:Oh please show me these facts and truth that show Manziel assaulted his girlfriend.

"In the report, Crowley told police Manziel pushed her head into a window. She wanted her cell phone because she was concerned about her safety and said she just wanted to return to Texas."

It's in the police report. That's where the facts and truth are.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Return to NFL