It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 8:40 am

Brady suspended four games, Pats lose draft picks, fined $1 million dollars

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Brady suspended four games, Pats lose draft picks, fined $1 million dollars

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 11, '15, 3:55 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Re: Brady suspended four games, Pats lose draft picks, fined $1 million dollars

Postby The Legend » May 11, '15, 4:18 pm

Gee, who saw that coming?

Good, guy definitely deserved it. I mean when you blatantly and aggressively break rules you should be punished.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby ShaneOfan » May 11, '15, 4:32 pm

Hahahahahaha :rotf :lol :fu :D :cheers :golfclap :lol :tim :moocow :moocow :clap

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » May 11, '15, 4:35 pm

Those penalties are absurdly over the top. I could see fining Brady even suspending him one game. But this is ridiculous. And there is absolutely no justification for docking the Patriots draft picks. None at all.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » May 11, '15, 4:40 pm

Tom Brady was suspended as much time as people who use steroids, and longer than a guy who committed domestic violence. Because he may or may not have instructed people to slightly deflate footballs. And there's no evidence at all that the team was systematically involved.

NFL to Sean Payton: "You didn't know about it, but that's not an excuse."
NFL to Pats Leadership: "You didn't know about it, but that's not an excuse."
But when the Ray Rice video shit came to light, Goodell said "It's not my fault, I didn't know about it."
Absolutely ridiculous.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby War Daddy » May 11, '15, 4:59 pm

Will all the cry babies finally move on now?

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby War Daddy » May 11, '15, 5:01 pm

Patriots since 2001 (haters gonna hate):

14 seasons
12 division titles
9 conference championship games
6 superbowls
4 world championships

Record against the league: 194-59
Losing record against only 1 team (NYG)
Tied record against only 2 teams (DEN, GB)
Winning record against other 28 teams
Unbeatten against 8 teams (CHI, TB, DAL, PHI, ATL, JAC, DET, MIN)

As I see it, all the hate toward the Patriots is not about "spygate", "deflategate" or any excuse people try to use, but because NE have been beating all teams for a long time.
Non-fans are just tired of seeing their teams get beaten so many times when they face the Patriots.
Brady and Belichick are among the greatest all time in their respective positions, if not the bests.
It's not about "cheating", they are just good, stop using excuses and deal with it!

"They hate us 'cuz they ain't us!"

sums up my feelings perfectly.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 11, '15, 5:33 pm

Everlong wrote:Those penalties are absurdly over the top. I could see fining Brady even suspending him one game. But this is ridiculous. And there is absolutely no justification for docking the Patriots draft picks. None at all.

This plus lying about knowing either individual plus his refusal to cooperate with the NFL justifies the 4 game suspension. The fine and draft picks being stripped away is over the top though since BB and Kraft were cleared of having any involvement.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » May 11, '15, 7:22 pm

This is over the top, but with that said HAHAHAHAHAHA Fuck Brady and the Pats.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » May 11, '15, 7:46 pm

Thew number of people that will make excuses for cheaters is startling to me.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Racing Guy » May 11, '15, 9:29 pm

LOL, 1M to the Pats is like $2 to the average person.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » May 11, '15, 9:53 pm

[quote="The Legend"]Thew number of people that will make excuses for cheaters is startling to me.[/quote

The number of peope willing to hand out such ridiculous punishments without conclusive evidence is far more concerning.]

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby The Legend » May 12, '15, 4:54 am

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:Thew number of people that will make excuses for cheaters is startling to me.

The number of people willing to hand out such ridiculous punishments without conclusive evidence is far more concerning.

You and every other Patriot defender don't get the point of the language used in the Wells' report. They used the exact language in the league rules governing fairness of play and examples just like this. Read the report, I did. The evidence inside of it is completely, 100% damning - especially when a person uses an ounce of common sense.

TOM BRADY IS A CHEATER. BILL BELICHICK IS A CHEATER. THE PATRIOTS ARE CHEATERS.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » May 12, '15, 8:03 am

The Legend wrote: Read the report, I did.

I did, your condescension is not necessary.

It's absurd to me that such a ridiculously minor infraction led to such harsh suspensions, especially considering, I'll say it again, a lack of truly conclusive evidence against the organization.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby War Daddy » May 12, '15, 9:36 am

Are we gonna forget about the Browns texting the sidelines?

Are we gonna forget about the the Jets tampering with other players?

Are we gonna forget about the Broncos taping practices and salary cap violations?

What about the Panthers heating up the balls on the sidelines?

Oh hell, it was "more probable than not" that it's all circumstantial evidence pointing to nothing, better drop the hammer for the "integrity" of the game.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » May 12, '15, 11:21 am

^Dude, Aaron Rodgers even said that he purposefully overinflates footballs for games because he likes it better, and nobody gave a shit because it wasn't the Patriots and Tom Brady.

People just looking for excuses to hate on the Pats.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 12, '15, 12:18 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Are we gonna forget about the Browns texting the sidelines?

Are we gonna forget about the the Jets tampering with other players?

Are we gonna forget about the Broncos taping practices and salary cap violations?

What about the Panthers heating up the balls on the sidelines?

Oh hell, it was "more probable than not" that it's all circumstantial evidence pointing to nothing, better drop the hammer for the "integrity" of the game.

This is such a logical fallacy. Using this same logic, Ray Rice shouldn't be suspended or punished at all since 1 in 4 women in America will experience domestic abuse anyway.

:lol

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » May 12, '15, 2:17 pm

I think some are missing why this was the decision. The punishment wasn't meant to fit the crime. It was increased because of the Patriots history of breaking rules all the way back to Spygate. Its the repeat offender type of stuff. Though it seems Brady acted on his own, the Patriots are still responsible for those people within their organization. This punishment doesn't match this crime, but the collection of previous crimes. I still think its a bit harsh, but stop acting like the Pats are victims in this. They did still break the rules regardless if the rule is ridiculous. Also Pats fans are acting like spoiled children right now. You still have a Superbowl and are the most successful franchise in the league currently, relax and just take your 4 game punishment.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » May 12, '15, 2:21 pm

DBSoT wrote: Patriots history of breaking rules all the way back to Spygate

Spygate happened almost 10 years ago. What rules have they been accused of breaking since then?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » May 12, '15, 4:01 pm

Spygate wasn't and still isn't that big of a deal.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Next

Return to NFL