It is currently: May 23, '24, 12:54 pm

NFLPA files grievance against Browns

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

NFLPA files grievance against Browns

Postby The Legend » Feb 17, '15, 9:35 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12336781/nflpa-files-grievance-cleveland-browns-josh-gordon-1-game-suspension?ex_cid=espnapi_public

The NFLPA has filed a grievance against the Cleveland Browns for suspending Josh Gordon for the final game of the 2014 season. Gordon missed the final Saturday walk through of the season because he was out partying with Johnny Manziel on Friday night and wasn't seen or heard from until the team plane was ready to leave for Baltimore for the final game of the season. At that point, the Browns suspended Gordon and Manziel (although he was already out with a "hamstring" injury). Rookie corner Justin Gilbert then missed a team meeting Saturday night in Baltimore IN THE TEAM HOTEL and was also suspended. All three guys were essentially forced to go to timeout like three year olds and forced to watch the game from the locker room - at which point Manziel and Gordon got in trouble for tweeting during the game.

Why it's important and why the NFLPA is filing the grievance on behalf of Gordon, but not Gilbert is the fact that the final game added to Gordon's 10-game suspension kept him from accruing a season towards free agency. So basically the question is will Gordon become a free agent before the 2017 season or 2018 season. In reality it doesn't matter because the stoner won't stay away from drugs long enough to accrue one more season in his NFL career, let alone two years.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: NFLPA files grievance against Browns

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 17, '15, 10:26 am

All three deserved their "time outs" they would not have been suspended if they had followed the rules like adults. If my boss says I have to be at a meeting, or be at a certain place at a certain time and I'm not, I would be suspended or even fired.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Re: NFLPA files grievance against Browns

Postby The Legend » Feb 17, '15, 11:26 am

ShaneOfan wrote:All three deserved their "time outs" they would not have been suspended if they had followed the rules like adults. If my boss says I have to be at a meeting, or be at a certain place at a certain time and I'm not, I would be suspended or even fired.

Completely 100% agree.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to NFL