It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:01 am

Marshawn Lynch saga

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Marshawn Lynch saga

Postby Messiah » Jan 28, '15, 2:16 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... t-mode-hat

Man, this is amazing. See, this is what makes sports fun. I really get sick and tired of how much talk there is about deflating a fucking football or domestic violence and stuff like that. Sports is an escape from life so I wanna hear or see sports or hear or see something fun. This is fun.

The cat and mouse game between the media and Lynch has been something special. On one hand, I get why reports hate Lynch. If his goal is for them to leave him alone and not attract more attention to himself, Lynch is doing a horrible job at it as there are other approaches he could take. On the other hand, Lynch trolling the media has been great. Love athletes that provide entertainment.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Marshawn Lynch saga

Postby Everlong » Jan 28, '15, 2:21 pm

I'm just as sick of the Lynch crap as I am of Deflategate. The way the media is pushing both of these stories is making it really, really hard for me to look forward to the Super Bowl at all.

Talk about the fucking game, I couldn't give a shit less about what x analyst thinks of the Patriots' balls or what asinine question Marshawn Lynch refused to answer today.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 28, '15, 2:27 pm

It's kind of amusing, but Lynch is a buffoon. Does he think that he's so special? There was a shitload of players on the field for media day, answering ridiculous questions from hand puppets and people dressed in costumes, and they all answered and tried to put a smile on their face. It's part of the job. I'm sure most of them would have rather been doing something else but they showed and up and acted professional, even if they didn't want to.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby War Daddy » Jan 28, '15, 2:31 pm

I'm just here so I wont get fined.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 28, '15, 2:48 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:It's kind of amusing, but Lynch is a buffoon. Does he think that he's so special? There was a shitload of players on the field for media day, answering ridiculous questions from hand puppets and people dressed in costumes, and they all answered and tried to put a smile on their face. It's part of the job. I'm sure most of them would have rather been doing something else but they showed and up and acted professional, even if they didn't want to.

Marshawn Lynch is a buffoon for having social anxiety?

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Everlong » Jan 28, '15, 2:53 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:It's kind of amusing, but Lynch is a buffoon. Does he think that he's so special? There was a shitload of players on the field for media day, answering ridiculous questions from hand puppets and people dressed in costumes, and they all answered and tried to put a smile on their face. It's part of the job. I'm sure most of them would have rather been doing something else but they showed and up and acted professional, even if they didn't want to.

That has been debunked over and over on r/nfl, it's a made-up narrative by fans. He doesn't want to talk to the media because he thinks they've twisted his words in the past.

A guy with social anxiety wouldn't purposefully go out of his way to make sure that his antics gave attention to his rebellion against the NFL.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby The Legend » Jan 28, '15, 5:27 pm

I'm with Tim, Lynch at this point is being obnoxious to be obnoxious and it's annoying as hell. Plus to troll people who are just trying to do their job and if you are good to them will be good to you is just pathetic.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby EmperorWu » Jan 28, '15, 5:39 pm

The NFL are the ones being obnoxious, leave the guy alone and you wouldn't have a problem. He doesn't want to talk to the media, that should be his choice, putting it in contracts is ridiculous. Fining him half a million dollars for not answering stupid question is crazy. The man is there to play football, not be your dancing clown. As for other players not wanting to be there to answer "ridiculous" questions, that's the media's fault. Don't punish the players for not wanting to waste their time with it. Either way there are plenty of glory hogs who would love to get that camera time.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 28, '15, 5:48 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

If he had a legitimate condition like that then he, his agent, and the team could go to the NFL with proof from a doctor and he shouldn't be forced into doing it. The fact he hasn't done that and continues to go out and do this make me think he enjoys doing it.

If he had social anxiety why would he agree to shoot a commercial for Skittles?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Jan 28, '15, 7:21 pm

EmperorWu wrote:The NFL are the ones being obnoxious, leave the guy alone and you wouldn't have a problem. He doesn't want to talk to the media, that should be his choice, putting it in contracts is ridiculous. Fining him half a million dollars for not answering stupid question is crazy. The man is there to play football, not be your dancing clown. As for other players not wanting to be there to answer "ridiculous" questions, that's the media's fault. Don't punish the players for not wanting to waste their time with it. Either way there are plenty of glory hogs who would love to get that camera time.

In every walk of life, in every profession an employee at various points will have to communicate with someone for work that they don't particularly enjoy talking with to make a sale, or do PR for your employer or any other number of reasons. That's what this is equivalent of and yes it would be a major problem if half of the players in the NFL were allowed to decide they don't want to talk to the media anymore with the media having no use to talk to half of the half of the willing players to talk it would be the same voices over and over again. Connecting through the media grows the NFL business which is good for the players and league alike. Marshawn just needs to get over himself.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 28, '15, 8:33 pm

Everlong wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

That has been debunked over and over on r/nfl, it's a made-up narrative by fans. He doesn't want to talk to the media because he thinks they've twisted his words in the past.

A guy with social anxiety wouldn't purposefully go out of his way to make sure that his antics gave attention to his rebellion against the NFL.

I really don't understand how someone can debunk that on reddit when Lynch has never been an outspoken player ever in his career. You never see Marshawn Lynch talk to paparazzi or out in the club or doing ESPN segments, clearly the guy hates any type of media/attention. I just feel like they should just leave this guy alone.

I also wouldn't go as far as to say that he is purposefully going out of his way to get attention, I think he is just being spiteful of the current rules in the NFL and I believe he has the right to be.

I remember seeing that Marshawn would rather have the media interview his offensive lineman because he credits them for all of his success, that kinda shows you what type of character Marshawn is. So it's like he is this evil douchebag, he just hates the camera/limelight outside of the football field.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SKS » Jan 28, '15, 8:43 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Everlong wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

I really don't understand how someone can debunk that on reddit when Lynch has never been an outspoken player ever in his career. You never see Marshawn Lynch talk to paparazzi or out in the club or doing ESPN segments

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 28, '15, 8:52 pm

SKS wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Everlong wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

I really don't understand how someone can debunk that on reddit when Lynch has never been an outspoken player ever in his career. You never see Marshawn Lynch talk to paparazzi or out in the club or doing ESPN segments

None of those videos scream "attention seeking player" to me.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SKS » Jan 28, '15, 8:57 pm

^ I never said he's attention seeking. I didn't say anything for that matter. You just said he's never been outspoken and never took part in ESPN segments, when he has. So I don't think the sole cause is "social anxiety". He doesn't like the media so he's trolling them. I don't see the "social anxiety" as an excuse. I have no problem with him trolling, I enjoy it. But he shouldn''t insult people's intelligence by saying he has a disorder, when he's done media segments/goofy videos in the past.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby CubsIn5 » Jan 28, '15, 10:50 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Everlong wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

I really don't understand how someone can debunk that on reddit when Lynch has never been an outspoken player ever in his career. You never see Marshawn Lynch talk to paparazzi or out in the club or doing ESPN segments, clearly the guy hates any type of media/attention. I just feel like they should just leave this guy alone.

I also wouldn't go as far as to say that he is purposefully going out of his way to get attention, I think he is just being spiteful of the current rules in the NFL and I believe he has the right to be.

I remember seeing that Marshawn would rather have the media interview his offensive lineman because he credits them for all of his success, that kinda shows you what type of character Marshawn is. So it's like he is this evil douchebag, he just hates the camera/limelight outside of the football field.

The last place that can "debunk" or have any authority on mental illness is a online forum.

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby DBSoT » Jan 28, '15, 11:04 pm

Using the "let him be" argument doesn't hold any weight in professional sports. You are a public figure, whether you want to be or not. You get paid a crap load for playing a freaking game, so ya, maybe take a few minutes out of your day to talk to the fans and media. This stuff was funny at first, but now Lynch just comes off as a bitter a-hole. No one is asking for eloquent speeches. They just want basic answers to simple questions. Its not like this part of the job just came out of no where, players have been doing interviews long before Lynch was around. He has known since he was a kid that this was the job, so get over yourself.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Jan 29, '15, 7:54 am

A guy that hates attention wouldn't grab his crotch every time he scores a touchdown, that's just a pissed off guy thumbing his nose at the rest of the world.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Jan 29, '15, 8:57 am

Marshawn Lynch is a beast.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Jan 29, '15, 9:16 am

CubsIn5 wrote:The last place that can "debunk" or have any authority on mental illness is a online forum.

There has been plenty of evidence against those claims, which were basically made up by fans on the internet and have spread like wildfire. Lynch does not and never has had any form of social anxiety.

Even this article from Super Bowl media day says "no, Lynch doesn't have social anxiety."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2015/01/2 ... ffers.html

It's become the most annoying trend for people to throw this out without any evidence.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Everlong » Jan 29, '15, 4:56 pm

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Next

Return to NFL