It is currently: May 05, '24, 9:45 pm

Adrian Peterson will play Week 3

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Adrian Peterson will play Week 3

Postby Messiah » Sep 15, '14, 10:07 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... lay-sunday

I know people will disagree, but I'm not against this. Due process over anything. Does it look like Peterson will be guilty? Yeah, probably. But deactivating him only gives him an even more severe punishment than he will get otherwise. Like I said when this happened, it seemed the only reason they deactivated him is because there was a warrant out for his arrest at the time.

Also, I'm pretty sure they were pressured by the NFLPA. Or maybe it went like, "Boy, we fucking suck, lets get Peterson back out there."

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Adrian Peterson will play Week 3

Postby The Legend » Sep 15, '14, 10:14 am

I usually agree with you about letting due process play out before the league does anything, but here's the problem, why deactivate him this week then? I mean what has changed in his favor in the last 48 hours that he should play next Sunday if he didn't play this Sunday?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Sep 15, '14, 10:19 am

The Legend wrote:I usually agree with you about letting due process play out before the league does anything, but here's the problem, why deactivate him this week then? I mean what has changed in his favor in the last 48 hours that he should play next Sunday if he didn't play this Sunday?

There was a warrant out for his arrest when they made the decision to deactivate him. I don't remember when Peterson gave himself up to the authorities, but I thought it was partially the reason why they chose to not play him because that is a risk they cannot take. I certainly didn't expect him to play this week, though.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Sep 15, '14, 10:21 am

Just read he gave himself up Saturday at around 2-3AM. So he still could have played Sunday had they not already made the decision to deactivate him.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Sep 15, '14, 10:30 am

This has absolutely nothing to do with due process and absolutely everything to do with the Vikings getting their asses handed to them and needing their best player. Star players get different rules in Minnesota, I guess-- the Vikings handled the AJ Jefferson domestic violence scenario completely differently last year.

I don't really know what the "right" decision is here in terms of legality/ethics of letting the guy on the field vs. due process, but let's not pretend like this is anything other than the Vikings realizing they're completely inept without Peterson on the field.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Sep 15, '14, 11:25 am

In related news, Greg Hardy will practice and be involved in all meetings this week for the Panthers but no decision on if he will play Sunday or not.

Keep in mind Carolina plays on Sunday Night Football.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to NFL