It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 3:01 pm

Freeman to the Vikings

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Freeman to the Vikings

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 7:51 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -thompson/

I think this is a good move. Freeman has some issues sure but when your other options are Ponder and Cassel then you need something. He's still young and I think has the potential to be their QB of the future. At least more so than Cassel and Ponder ever could. Schiano is crazy and had no faith in him at all in Tampa and I think that affected his onfield performance. I know some people want the Vikings to ride out the season and draft a QB but I think they have more pressing needs come draft time.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Freeman to the Vikings

Postby JDD » Oct 08, '13, 7:53 pm

It cant get any worse then Ponder :lol But yeah i think its a good move. Hes nit going to be the saving grave of the Vikings and lead them to the playoffs this year or anything, but its a small step in the right direction.

Last edited by JDD on Oct 08, '13, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 8:04 pm

I think the playoffs were a longshot for them even before the season had started. They have some issues with the o-line and defense that will hold them back. At least this can't wind up worse than the McNabb experiment. I really like Freeman so hopefully a change of scenery is all he needs to get back on track.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Oct 08, '13, 11:49 pm

Don't you love it when the management of the Vikings releases a statement like "Our signing of Josh Freeman does NOT change anything. Pounder is still our guy"..

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 9:44 am

They can say what they want, but if Freeman works out, Ponder is gone like yesterday

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Kyle » Oct 09, '13, 7:41 pm

He's going to have to learn the playbook awfully fast. Thankfully AP can carry the load and help him out.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Everlong » Oct 11, '13, 8:49 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:Don't you love it when the management of the Vikings releases a statement like "Our signing of Josh Freeman does NOT change anything. Pounder is still our guy"..

Which is funny because he's healthy now but they'll still be starting Cassel this weekend.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before they're starting Freeman. Definitely a better situation for him in Minnesota than in Tampa, but he's also majorly regressed the last couple years. But being only 25 years old, he's still potentially got a long career ahead of him.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to NFL