It is currently: May 19, '24, 5:05 am

Jay Cutler out a minimum of four weeks with groin injury

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Jay Cutler out a minimum of four weeks with groin injury

Postby Everlong » Oct 21, '13, 11:41 am

https://twitter.com/jayglazer/status/392341656587882496

All things considered, it could have been a whole lot worse for the Bears. But four weeks without Cutler could be a really big deal, especially considering they have HUGE divisional games against the Packers and the Lions within that span.

So it's on Josh McCown to steady the ship until Cutler gets back.

Also, Lance Briggs was lost for six weeks with a shoulder injury... nuts.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Jay Cutler out a minimum of four weeks with groin injury

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 21, '13, 11:56 am

This may be the push the Packers need to win their division. I figured it would be neck and neck but now things are not looking good for Chicago.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Oct 21, '13, 12:12 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:This may be the push the Packers need to win their division. I figured it would be neck and neck but now things are not looking good for Chicago.

The Packers are easily the best team in the north. They'd win the division whether or not the Bears were completely healthy.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 21, '13, 12:18 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:This may be the push the Packers need to win their division. I figured it would be neck and neck but now things are not looking good for Chicago.

The Packers are easily the best team in the north. They'd win the division whether or not the Bears were completely healthy.

No doubt they are the better team, I'm just saying the Bears could have tried to give them a run for their money but not so much anymore.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Oct 21, '13, 12:21 pm

Yeah, that's definitely true.

I'll be interested to see how the Lions compete against the Packers at home on Thanksgiving.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Oct 21, '13, 1:05 pm

The Bears are seriously cursed as a franchise. Nothing ever bounces their way anymore. I mean losing your starting QB multiple seasons must be frustrating as hell.

Kinda off topic but anyone notice how every key player on each team gets hurt against the Redskins?

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Kyle » Oct 21, '13, 1:47 pm

That sucks for them. Really puts a damper on their divisional chances.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby motionmann » Oct 22, '13, 11:47 pm

Have to wonder with this being a contract year for Cutler if he'll even be back for them next year now.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Everlong » Oct 23, '13, 8:18 am

motionmann wrote:Have to wonder with this being a contract year for Cutler if he'll even be back for them next year now.

Yeah, I mean they don't really have any other option, so he'll be back. But he probably won't get as big of a contract as he could have.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Oct 23, '13, 12:12 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:
motionmann wrote:Have to wonder with this being a contract year for Cutler if he'll even be back for them next year now.

Yeah, I mean they don't really have any other option, so he'll be back. But he probably won't get as big of a contract as he could have.

Even if he doesn't return to the Bears I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would come knocking. I think he'd look pretty good down in Houston while they develop Keenum.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 23, '13, 7:31 pm

HFX wrote:
reyflyinfury619 wrote:

Even if he doesn't return to the Bears I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would come knocking. I think he'd look pretty good down in Houston while they develop Keenum.

Oh Cutler WILL have a job next year likely as a starter. I'm honestly not convinced he goes anywhere.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 25, '13, 9:22 pm

The Bears really weren't all that good before he got injured. The offense has had it's moments, but their D blows if it's not forcing turnovers. Losing Lance Briggs isn't going to help matters either.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Return to NFL