It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 11:39 pm

Which wild card weekend team is most likely to make SB?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Which wild card weekend team is most likely to make SB?

Postby The Legend » Jan 08, '14, 12:12 pm

So every year it seems almost likely that a team that plays in wild card weekend winds up getting hot at the right time and making it to the Super Bowl and maybe even winning it. So my question is this, out of the Saints, Chargers, Colts and Niners who is most likely to make the Super Bowl to you?

Now before I answer this, I'll point out that in the NFL roundtable that I picked all four road teams to get eliminated this weekend so obviously I pick this year to buck the trend. However if I had to pick a team it would be either the Niners or the Saints. Both of the AFC games wild card weekend went the wrong way for me to think one of those teams could get hot. The Chargers are least likely to me because they weren't even in the playoff discussion until a whole lot went right for them at 4 PM eastern in week 17. Colts just seem like such an unlikely story to me because they continue to somewhat win in unbelievable ways.

I'll say this, the Saints have a hard way to go at it this week, but if they beat Seattle the road to the Super Bowl opens up big time for them.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Which wild card weekend team is most likely to make SB?

Postby ShaneOfan » Jan 08, '14, 12:36 pm

IFThe Chargers beat the Broncos this week (and I think they do have a chance) then I think they have a good shot at the Super Bowl.

The Niners are looking hot and but my guess for the NFC is still Carolina even if Seattle has a better chance. But between the Niners and Saints, I think San Fran has a better chance.

Now of the two, I'd still take SD over San Fran simply or the fact that I am 99.99% sure the NFC representative will be Seattle or Carolina. I just think the AFC is anyone's game.

If I had to rank each team by what I think their chances of making the Super Bowl are...

1-Seattle
2-Panthers
3-Brincos
4-Chargers
5-Niners
6-Patriots
7-Saints
8-Colts

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Return to NFL