It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 5:16 am

NFL Pro Bowl Team

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

NFL Pro Bowl Team

Postby Messiah » Dec 28, '13, 9:43 am

Remember, this year, it is non-conference. So you could have 1 AFC player and 3 NFC players.

Offense

Quarterback: Tom Brady, Patriots; Drew Brees, Saints; Peyton Manning, Broncos; Cam Newton, Panthers; Philip Rivers, Chargers; Russell Wilson, Seahawks.

Wide receiver: Antonio Brown, Steelers; Dez Bryant, Cowboys; Josh Gordon, Browns; A.J. Green, Bengals; Andre Johnson, Texans; Calvin Johnson, Lions; Brandon Marshall, Bears; Demaryius Thomas (Broncos).

Tackle: Branden Albert, Chiefs; Jason Peters, Eagles; Tyron Smith, Cowboys; Joe Staley, 49ers; Joe Thomas, Browns; Trent Williams, Redskins.

Guard: Jahri Evans, Saints; Ben Grubbs, Saints; Mike Iupati, 49ers; Logan Mankins, Patriots; Louis Vasquez, Broncos; Marshal Yanda, Ravens.

Center: Ryan Kalil, Panthers; Alex Mack, Browns; Mike Pouncey, Dolphins; Max Unger, Seahawks.

Tight end: Jordan Cameron, Browns; Vernon Davis, 49ers; Jimmy Graham, Saints; Julius Thomas, Broncos.

Running back: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs; Matt Forte, Bears; Frank Gore, 49ers; Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks; LeSean McCoy, Eagles; Adrian Peterson, Vikings.

Fullback: Marcel Reece, Raiders; Mike Tolbert, Panthers.

Defense

Defensive end: Greg Hardy, Panthers; Cameron Jordan, Saints; Robert Quinn, Rams; Cameron Wake, Dolphins; J.J. Watt, Texans; Mario Williams, Bills.

Interior lineman: Gerald McCoy, Bucs; Haloti Ngata, Ravens; Dontari Poe, Chiefs; Justin Smith, 49ers; Ndamukong Suh, Lions; Kyle Williams, Bills.

Outside linebacker: John Abraham, Cardinals; Ahmad Brooks, 49ers; Tamba Hali, Chiefs; Justin Houston, Chiefs; Robert Mathis, Colts; Terrell Suggs, Ravens.

Inside/middle linebacker: NaVorro Bowman, 49ers; Vontaze Burfict, Bengals; Luke Kuechly, Panthers; Patrick Willis, 49ers.

Cornerback: Brandon Flowers, Chiefs; Brent Grimes, Dolphins; Joe Haden, Browns; Patrick Peterson, Cardinals; Darrelle Revis, Bucs; Richard Sherman, Seahawks; Aqib Talib, Patriots; Alterraun Verner, Titans.

Free safety: Jairus Byrd, Bills; Earl Thomas, Seahawks; Eric Weddle, Chargers.

Strong safety: Eric Berry, Chiefs; Kam Chancellor, Seahawks; Troy Polamalu, Steelers.

Special Teams

Punter: Brandon Fields, Dolphins; Johnny Hekker, Rams.

Placekicker: Matt Prater, Broncos; Justin Tucker, Ravens.

Punt returner: Antonio Brown, Steelers; Dexter McCluster, Chiefs.

Special teamer: Justin Bethel, Cardinals; Matthew Slater, Patriots.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: NFL Pro Bowl Team

Postby Romo » Dec 28, '13, 9:56 am

How Andre Johnson got in ahead of Alshon Jeffery is beyond me

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 225

Postby The Legend » Dec 28, '13, 11:48 am

Here's something I don't understand: How did the Browns manage to get more pro bowlers (5) than wins (4) this season?

Also, I find it interesting that they made a big deal of breaking away from conference teams, but after looking at the teams it's still pretty evenly split by teams.

QB: AFC 3, NFC 3
WR: 5, 3 (AFC +2)
OT: 2, 4 (Even)
OG: 3, 3 (Even)
C: 2, 2 (Even)
TE: 2, 2 (Even)
RB: 1, 5 (NFC +4)
FB: 1,1 (NFC +4)
DE: 3, 3 (NFC +4)
DT: 3, 3 (NFC +4)
OLB: 4, 2 (NFC +2)
ILB: 1, 3 (NFC +4)
CB: 5, 3 (NFC +2)
FS: 2, 1 (NFC +1)
SS: 2, 1 (Even)
P: 1,1 (Even)
K: 2, 0 (AFC +2)
KR: 2, 0 (AFC +4)
ST: 1, 1 (AFC +4)

If it weren't for special teams the two conferences would have had the same number of selections and the only big differences were that the NFC dominated RB, the same way AFC dominated DB's. I just find that interesting.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Dec 28, '13, 11:48 am

Romo wrote:How Andre Johnson got in ahead of Alshon Jeffery is beyond me

More receptions, more yards albeit two less touchdowns. To be fair though Jeffery had more YFS.

I think Jeffery was superior but it isn't too bad. The NFL has seen some amazing performances from receivers this season. The future of that position is bright.

Lavonte David is the only huge snub for me (I would say Casey and Wilkerson but the interior is loaded... even though Casey has been the best defensive tackle this season). Definitely deserved it over Brooks and Abraham.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Dec 28, '13, 11:49 am

The Legend wrote:Here's something I don't understand: How did the Browns manage to get more pro bowlers (5) than wins (4) this season?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby UTK » Dec 28, '13, 11:55 am

Where the hell is Antrel Rolle?

EDIT: Never mind, he already did the dumb rant for me.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Dec 28, '13, 5:25 pm

I think this is the best pro bowl roster in years, honestly. Having the whole non-conference deal added to the legitimacy of these selections, but we've also got a lot fewer obvious snubs and "namesake only" inclusions this year. There are obviously always going to be complaints about who did/didn't get in, but this year they got it about as right as you can get it.

Crazy that there are no Packers... one of only a couple times in my life that's happened. Happened in '05 as well. Although it's kind of hard to get a pro bowler when your whole team is hurt for half the year :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Dec 28, '13, 5:25 pm

Messiah wrote:
The Legend wrote:Here's something I don't understand: How did the Browns manage to get more pro bowlers (5) than wins (4) this season?

LMAO this play never gets old.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to NFL