It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:19 pm

Week 2 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 2 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 11, '19, 12:29 pm

I'll fill in the rest of my picks tomorrow or Friday, but wanted to get this thread up now!

GAME OF THE WEEK - New Orleans Saints (1-0) at L.A. Rams (1-0), LAR by 2.5 - Rematch of the NFC Championship, and a big potential shot at revenge for the Saints. I'm going to guess they get it. UPSET! - Saints 30, Rams 27

THURSDAY NIGHT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1) at Carolina Panthers (0-1), CAR by 6.5 - Panthers almost had the RAms last week. Jameis still looks like ass. Carolina it is. Pantherrs 24, Bucs 16

Los Angeles Chargers (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-0-1), LAC by 2.5 - Chargers are the better team. I'll take them, 24-13.

Buffalo Bills (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), BUF by 2 - Bills put together a nice late drive last week, and I'm hoping John Brown keeps up the pace. Give me the BILLS. 26-20.

Indianapolis Colts (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3 - Colts played better than expected last week, but the Titans were looking really solid. Give me TENNESSEE. 24-17.

Arizona Cardinals (0-0-1) at Baltimore Ravens (1-0), BAL by 13.5 - Baltimore gets two cupcake opponents in a row to start off its season. Give me the RAVENS, 33-13.

New England Patriots (1-0) at Miami Dolphins (0-1), NE by 19 - Patriots favored by 19 on the road, Dolphins tanking. This has LOL written all over it. PATRIOTS 42, Dolphins 6

Dallas Cowboys (1-0) at Washington (0-1), DAL by 5 - Cowboys are the better team. COWBOYS 20, Redskins 13.

Jackosnville Jaguars (0-1) at Houston Texans (0-1), HOU by 8.5 - Texans pushed the saints to the limit last week, while the Jaguars were throttled and lost their starting QB. Give me the TEXANS, 24-20.

Minnesota Vikings (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (1-0), GB by 3 - If last week's games are any indication (plus recent history between these two teams), then this is going to be must-watch football. The Packers showed off an outstanding looking defense, and the Vikings had perhaps the best all-around performance of any team in the NFC last week. This early season matchup is going to be absolutely crucial. The Vikings are the more talented team offensively, but the Packers finally have a defense that's going to be able to keep up. It's on Aaron Rodgers and the offense to show up to play this week, and if they do, the Packers will win a close one. Packers 20, Vikings 17

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1), PIT by 3.5 - I like the SEAHAWKS in a road upset here.

San Francisco 49ers (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1), CIN by 1.5 - I'm going to take the 49ERS in a minor road upset.

Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (1-0), KC by 7.5 - Raiders surprised me in opening week, but they get a much tougher draw in KC this week. Give me the CHIEFS, 30-20.

Chicago Bears (0-1) at Denver Broncos (0-1), CHI by 2.5 - BEARS will topple the Broncos in a defensive battle, 17-6.

Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Atlanta FAlcons (0-1), PHI by 1.5 - The EAGLES will soar in this battle of the birds.

Cleveland Browns (0-1) at New York Jets (0-1), CLE by 2.5 - The BROWNS will right the ship against the mono Jets.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 2 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Messiah » Sep 12, '19, 3:07 pm

KEEP POUNDING.

PANTHERS VS BUCCANEERS

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Sep 15, '19, 6:25 am

GAME OF THE WEEK - New Orleans Saints (1-0) at L.A. Rams (1-0), LAR by 2.5 - This game certainly has a lot going into it right away. Of course there's the controversial way the NFC Championship ended. There's the fact that both of these teams are top contenders for the NFC this year. Both teams played similar games last week against good, but not great teams. The Saints seem to be finding more receiving options for Brees which is good and I think the Saints will go further in January, but right now, I'll take the Rams to defend home turf. LA Rams 28, NO Saints 27

THURSDAY NIGHT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1) at Carolina Panthers (0-1), CAR by 6.5 - Missed it.

Los Angeles Chargers (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-0-1), LAC by 2.5 - The Chargers were far more impressive in being able to outlast a still really good Colts team even without Luck than the Lions were in not being able to beat one of the worst teams in the NFL in the Cardinals. With Detroit at home I think they keep it close, but I trust LA to make the winning plays down the stretch. LA Chargers 27, Detroit Lions 24

Buffalo Bills (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1), BUF by 2 - I think this is a game the Giants can and will win. I'm not sure what the Bills did in a one-point win over a bad Jets team to warrant being a road favorite. UPSET!! NY Giants 23, Buffalo Bills 21

Indianapolis Colts (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-0), TEN by 3 - Wow the Titans defense is really impressive. Their offense still has some question marks on it, but I think their defense will be able to carry them against a Luck-less Colts team. Tennessee Titans 31, Indy Colts 19

Arizona Cardinals (0-0-1) at Baltimore Ravens (1-0), BAL by 13.5 - Man, Baltimore's opening season schedule couldn't get any softer. Eventually the Ravens will be tested and I think they'll be in trouble, but there's no picking against them here. Baltimore Ravens 37, Arizona Cardinals 17

New England Patriots (1-0) at Miami Dolphins (0-1), NE by 19 - Moving on. NE Patriots 45, Miami Dolphins 7

Dallas Cowboys (1-0) at Washington (0-1), DAL by 5 - Dallas is just simply the better team. Dallas Cowboys 31, Washington 20

Jackosnville Jaguars (0-1) at Houston Texans (0-1), HOU by 8.5 - Two words. Deshaun Watson. Three more words. No Nick Foles. Houston Texans 34, Jacksonvill Jaguars 28

Minnesota Vikings (1-0) at Green Bay Packers (1-0), GB by 3 - Interesting game to start off the division. The Packers were really impressive defensively to start the season, but that offense was ugly. I think the Vikings will pull it out with a more balanced attack. On a fantasy note. Davante Adams and Adam Thielen are my starting receivers, so a shootout would be awesome. UPSET!! Minnesota Vikings 20, GB Packers 17

Seattle Seahawks (1-0) at Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1), PIT by 3.5 - Pittsburgh sucks. UPSET!! Seattle Seahawks 24, Pittsburgh Steelers 16

San Francisco 49ers (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1), CIN by 1.5 - As long as Jimmy G is healthy I'll be bullish on the Niners. Also, Bengals one of the worst teams in the league. UPSET!! SF Niners 25, Cincy Bengals 21

Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) at Oakland Raiders (1-0), KC by 7.5 - Oakland impressed me in the first week, but doesn't impress me in this matchup. KC should be able to take care of business on the road. KC Chiefs 30, Oakland Raiders 24

Chicago Bears (0-1) at Denver Broncos (0-1), CHI by 2.5 - This game could be ugly if Chicago can't fix the problems with its offensive rhythm and scheme, which is asking a lot in one week. The Bears should win, but it probably won't be pretty. Chicago Bears 14, Denver Broncos 13

Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Atlanta Falcons (0-1), PHI by 1.5 - Fly Eagles Fly. Philly Eagles 30, Atlanta Falcons 23

Cleveland Browns (0-1) at New York Jets (0-1), CLE by 2.5 - Man this descalated quickly. I'm not sure I've seen a more disappointing performance from one of my teams in my life and I've been a Cleveland fan for more than 30 years. A lot of air came out of the balloon and if they don't beat the Jets on Monday Night, well they're staring at a possible 0-4 start with the Rams coming to town and a trip to Baltimore on the horizon. Without Darnold on the Jets side, I think the Browns will rebound nicely. Cleveland Browns 27, NY Jets 20

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Sep 15, '19, 7:48 am

Got the rest of my picks in. Ready for some football :tim

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Sep 15, '19, 1:42 pm

Dolphins have been outscored 96-10.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to NFL