It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:45 am

NFL Cinderella candidates

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

NFL Cinderella candidates

Postby The Legend » Dec 31, '18, 12:03 pm

So now that the playoff field is set in the NFL I thought it might be fun to predict a candidate in each conference who could make a run further than their seed should predict. So basically, take a fourth-sixth seed and pick them to make a run.

In the AFC that means Baltimore, Chargers, Indy. In the NFC, Cowboys, Seattle, Eagles.

In the AFC I think it's most obvious, the Chargers could make a run all the way to the AFC Championship. Baltimore is a good defense, but that offense is so fake and will get exposed against the good teams the Ravens have to play in January. I'll pick LA to win that one and then likely face the Chiefs in the divisional round, seeing as how KC hasn't won a big game all season and just recently lost to the Chargers I could see it again for sure. However, nobody is beating Patriots for a trip to the Super Bowl, that's for sure.

In the NFC it is harder to find a candidate. I think the top three seeds are head and shoulders above the competition. That being said, I think Seattle with its experience could be dangerous and stands the best chance to beat the Saints in the second round.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: NFL Cinderella candidates

Postby Everlong » Jan 02, '19, 10:36 am

Yeah I think the Chargers are the easy pick for the AFC, but I wouldn't rule out the Colts making a run deeper into the playoffs.

In the NFC, I'd say the Bears getting to the championship game is more likely than the Seahawks.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: NFL Cinderella candidates

Postby The Legend » Jan 02, '19, 11:03 am

Everlong wrote:Yeah I think the Chargers are the easy pick for the AFC, but I wouldn't rule out the Colts making a run deeper into the playoffs.

In the NFC, I'd say the Bears getting to the championship game is more likely than the Seahawks.

For what it's worth, I don't think there will be one of the bottom three teams making a run in the NFC, but if I had to pick one it'd be Seattle.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to NFL