It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:07 am

Week 11 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 11 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Nov 14, '18, 10:52 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Kansas City Chiefs (9-1) at LA Rams (9-1), LAR by 3.5 – UPSET!! – Chiefs 37, Rams 34

THURSDAY NIGHT – Green Bay Packers (4-4-1) at Seattle Seahawks (4-5), SEA by 2.5 – Seahawks 24, Packers 20

Carolina Panthers (6-3) at Detroit Lions (3-6), CAR by 4 – Panthers 27, Lions 16

Dallas Cowboys (4-5) at Atlanta Falcons 4-5), ATL by 3 – Falcons 30, Cowboys 20

Cincinnati Bengals (5-4) at Baltimore Ravens (4-5), BAL by 4 – Ravens 20, Bengals 16

Minnesota Vikings (5-3-1) at Chicago Bears (6-3), CHI by 3 – UPSET!! – Vikings 24, Bears 23

Philadelphia Eagles (4-5) at New Orleans Saints (8-1), NO by 8.5 – Saints 34, Eagles 20

Tennessee Titans (5-4) at Indianapolis Colts (4-5), IND by 2 – UPSET!! – Titans 27, Colts 23

Houston Texans (6-3) at Washington (6-3), HOU by 3 – Texans 31, Washington 17

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-6) at New York Giants (2-7), NYG by 1.5 – Giants 23, Bucs 20

Denver Broncos (3-6) at Los Angeles Chargers (7-2), LAC by 7 – Chargers 33, Broncos 16

Oakland Raiders (1-8) at Arizona Cardinals (2-7), ARZ by 4.5 – UPSET!! – Raiders 27, Cardinals 20

Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2-1) at Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6), PIT by 5.5 – Steelers 31, Jaguars 14

BYES: Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 11 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Nov 14, '18, 1:08 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Kansas City Chiefs (9-1) at LA Rams (9-1), LAR by 3.5 – This game has a tough job to do if it wants to top the most entertaining game of the season, the earlier Chiefs vs Patriots game, but it has all the chips on the table to be able to do it. These teams are near mirror images of each other with so many weapons and an innovative way of dispersing them with young QB's that are bringing elements of the college game to the pros. A huge question will be what impact will losing Cooper Kupp have on the Ram offense? I'll take the upset, but no matter the result it will be a great entertainment. UPSET!!! KC Chiefs 34, LA Rams 24

THURSDAY NIGHT – Green Bay Packers (4-4-1) at Seattle Seahawks (4-5), SEA by 2.5 – One of the more interesting rivalries in the current NFL landscape with this one. Rare and weird things happen when these teams meet on the field. The Packers have shown some good signs lately, but they still have some game plan, execution and coaching issues to work through. I think Seattle takes a thriller on the West Coast. Seattle Seahawks 24, GB Packers 23

Carolina Panthers (6-3) at Detroit Lions (3-6), CAR by 4 – The Lions continue to be a mess with America's favorite drunk homeless uncle leading the team straight into the abyss. Carolina will react one of two ways after getting thrashed by Pittsburgh, either they'll be angry and motivated or they'll retreat into their shells. The Panthers have had 10 days to digest that loss and I think they'll come out angry and get the win. Carolina Panthers 21, Detroit Lions 17

Dallas Cowboys (4-5) at Atlanta Falcons (4-5), ATL by 3 – Both of these teams have real problems, both of these teams are inconsistent from week to week, that makes picking a winner difficult, but Dallas looks like they are headed in the right direction, but the Falcons can't stop a nosebleed this year on defense. Cowboys pull this one out. UPSET!!! Dallas Cowboys 31, Atlanta Flacons 30

Cincinnati Bengals (5-4) at Baltimore Ravens (4-5), BAL by 4 – Both of these teams are crumbling and will likely be coached by new people and headed in very different directions next season. That being said, only one team was desperate enough to hire the worst coach in NFL history as an assistant to "fix" things. That's why I won't pick the Bengals and I'll pick the Ravens at home. EDIT: Yeah, never mind Lamar Jackson is getting the first start of his career today. I'm not a believer, this could get ugly. UPSET!! Cincy Bengals 31, Baltimore Ravens 20

Minnesota Vikings (5-3-1) at Chicago Bears (6-3), CHI by 3 – I'm tempted to pick the Vikings to pull the road upset and keep the chaos going in the NFC North, but the Bears are rolling right now and I think Chicago is ready to pull away from the other three teams in the division. Chicago Bears 20, Minnesota Vikings 14

Philadelphia Eagles (4-5) at New Orleans Saints (8-1), NO by 8.5 – The Super Bowl hangover is a real thing for the Eagles. Meanwhile, the Saints look like a real contender for this year's championship. New Orleans is simply playing better in every facet of the game and with that, there's just no way to pick against them. NO Saints 27, Philly Eagles 21

Tennessee Titans (5-4) at Indianapolis Colts (4-5), IND by 2 – The Titans are better than the Colts and should be able to pull off this upset. With the way Tennessee plays defense the only question is whether Marcus Mariota can avoid giving the game away? I think he can. UPSET!!! Tennessee Titans 21, Indy Colts 20

Houston Texans (6-3) at Washington (6-3), HOU by 3 – Both of these teams look like contenders, problem is I struggle to actually believe in either of them. None of them are particularly good at anything and just average and uninteresting across the board. I'll take the Texans, because Watson is starting to change that for them, but this is my most unsure pick. Houston Texans 31, Washington 13

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-6) at New York Giants (2-7), NYG by 1.5 – This game is garbage. Give me the Buccs and Ryan Fitzmagic to pull one more rabbit out of the hat. UPSET!!! TB Buccaneers 31, NY Giants 24

Denver Broncos (3-6) at Los Angeles Chargers (7-2), LAC by 7 – Chargers are definitely the most surprising team in the NFL right now. They should coast in this one. LA Chargers 34, Denver Broncos 28

Oakland Raiders (1-8) at Arizona Cardinals (2-7), ARZ by 4.5 – No one should be allowed to watch this atrocious game. Arizona Cardinals 24, Oakland Raiders 21

Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2-1) at Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6), PIT by 5.5 – Pittsburgh gets a measure of revenge for last year's playoffs. Pittsburgh Steelers 27, Jacksonville Jaguars 20

Last edited by The Legend on Nov 18, '18, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Nov 15, '18, 10:25 pm

Rodgers still makes bananas throws. He's still a great QB. But man... he really does not look the same this year. I can't believe he threw that pass into the dirt on 3rd down, then McCarthy for some reason punted.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Nov 18, '18, 11:05 am

I edited my pick in the Baltimore/Cincy game with Lamar getting the start at QB for the Ravens.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Nov 18, '18, 4:41 pm

Oh god who else saw the Alex Smith injury??

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Return to NFL