It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:40 pm

Week 15 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 15 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Dec 14, '17, 1:44 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – New England Patriots (10-3) at Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2), NE by 3 – In a game that will likely decide the #1 seed in the AFC, we’ve got a matchup of two potent offenses against a pair of inconsistent defenses. The Steelers have homefield advantage, but they’ve been historically bad against the Brady-led Patriots. Plus, you never want to play Brady and Belichick coming off a loss. Give me New England in what’s sure to be a fun game to watch. Patriots 30, Steelers 27

THURSDAY NIGHT – Denver Broncos (4-9) at Indianapolis Colts (3-10), DEN by 2.5 – Boy, talk about a disappointing late-season matchup. Both of these teams have been contenders for a lot of the last five years, but this year they’re both duds. The Broncos should be able to snag this meaningless dud. Broncos 23, Colts 10

SATURDAY – Chicago Bears (4-9) at Detroit Lions (7-6), DET by 5.5 – The Lions need to win out and get a whole lot of help to be able to make the playoffs, and while divisional matchups are always unpredictable to an extent, I feel like they’ve got what it takes to shut down Chicago. Lions 31, Bears 20

Los Angeles Chargers (7-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (7-6), LAC by 1 – Another huge matchup that will have major playoff ramifications. The Chargers have quietly become one of the hottest teams in football, while the Chiefs have been on an epic slide since starting 5-0. The Chiefs may have gotten a big win against Oakland last week, but Los Angeles is playing some inspired ball right now, and I like their momentum to will them to a tough road divisional victory. Chargers 24, Chiefs 20

Philadelphia Eagles (11-2) at New York Giants (2-11), PHI by 7.5 – The loss of Carson Wentz will surely hurt the Eagles’ Super Bowl chances, but Nick Foles is a good enough fill-in that they should have no problem dispatching the Giants. Eagles 27, Giants 13

Green Bay Packers (7-6) at Carolina Panthers (9-4), CAR by 3 – Another massive game for the playoff picture… and it features the return of the one and only Aaron Rodgers. If the Packers win out, they have almost a 90 percent chance of a playoff berth. That’s much easier said than done, giving their upcoming schedule, and a game against the Panthers is never an easy proposition for these Packers. But I like the return of Aaron Rodgers to inspire these packers to at least one big win… setting up a massive showdown with Minnesota next week. UPSET! – Packers 30, Panthers 24[

Cincinnati Bengals (5-8) at Minnesota Vikings (10-3), MIN by 10.5 – The Vikings had a tough loss against a playoff-caliber team last week. This week they get to regroup against a disappointing Bengals squad going nowhere. Vikings 26, Bengals 10

Miami Dolphins (6-7) at Buffalo Bills (7-6), BUF by 3.5 – The Bills still have a remote shot at getting to the playoffs. Were this game being played in Miami, I’d probably take the Dolphins, but at home against a divisional foe playing for their playoff lives, I’ll take Buffalo in the win, despite their QB woes. Bills 20, Dolphins 17

Houston Texans (4-9) at Jacksonville Jaguars (9-4), JAX by 11 – Jacksonville is still in the running for a first-round bye, but more important is making sure they wrap up the division. They should be able to put away this banged up Houston team. Jaguars 27, Texans 12

New York Jets (5-8) at New Orleans Saints (9-4) NO by 15.5 – Surprised at this line. I’ll take the Saints to win, but the Jets to cover. Saints 30, Jets 23

Arizona Cardinals (6-7) at Washington (5-8), WAS by 4.5 – Washington is just too banged up to win many more games, honestly. UPSET! – Cardinals 27, Washington 17

Baltimore Ravens (7-6) at Cleveland Browns (0-13), BAL by 7 – Boy, the Browns were THIS CLOSE to picking up a win last week, then they Brownsed it away about as hard as they possibly could. The Ravens were also THIS CLOSE to beating the Steelers, and choked it away in the final seconds. Divisional games are always tough, but I’ve got the Browns finishing winless. Ravens 20, Browns 10

Los Angeles Rams (9-4) at Seattle Seahawks (8-5), SEA by 2.5 – The Rams clinch the west with a victory here, making this an extremely important game for both teams. Playing in Seattle is always a tough task, but the Rams have had the Seahawks’ number over the last several years, and they’re also much healthier and more well-rounded right now than Seattle. It’s going to be a bruising game with probably a lot of chippiness, but give me Los Angeles in the upset. UPSET! – Rams 27, Seahawks 24

Tennessee Titans (8-5) at San Francisco 49ers (3-10), SF by 2 – Amazing what Jimmy Garoppolo has done for this 49ers team already. The future is really looking bright for San Francisco, once they can put some more pieces in place around him. A tough matchup for the Niners, but the Titans haven’t particularly traveled well this year and Marcus Mariota is playing some brutal football right now. The Titans are still in the playoff hunt, but I think they stumble again on a trip out west. 49ers 23, Titans 20

Dallas Cowboys (7-6) at Oakland Raiders (6-7), DAL by 3 – Disappointing years for both of these teams. But I’ll take Oakland at home to deliver essentially the final blow to Dallas’s playoff hopes. UPEST! – Raiders 24, Cowboys 16

Atlanta Falcons (8-5) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9), ATL by 6 – The Falcons just need to keep winning, whatever they do, if they hope to get into the playoffs. The Bucs have been pretty soft even in divisional play this year, so it’s a good way for the Falcons to rest up before a brutal final two weeks at New Orleans and home against Carolina. Falcons 33, Bucs 10

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 15 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Dec 14, '17, 3:33 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – New England Patriots (10-3) at Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2), NE by 3 – The Patriots are coming off a hugely disappointing loss, making even more significant if they want home-field or even a bye with the AFC South leading Jaguars. The Steelers meanwhile are facing their third straight high-profile, nationally televised game. Pittsburgh squeaked past two division rivals on that streak, but I think their luck runs out against the angry Pats. Home-field will come down to if either of these teams slip up the final two weeks. NE Patriots 27, Pittsburgh Steelers 23

THURSDAY NIGHT – Denver Broncos (4-9) at Indianapolis Colts (3-10), DEN by 2.5 – This is a mess of a game to predict. Two disappointing teams in prime time. The Broncos have been slightly better, but the Colts are pesky and have mostly struggled to close out games. I think the Colts match the Broncos record in the race for draft positioning. UPSET!!! Indy Colts 21, Denver Broncos 20

SATURDAY – Chicago Bears (4-9) at Detroit Lions (7-6), DET by 5.5 – In the incredibly tight NFC Wild Card race, teams in contention can't afford to blow opportunities. I doubt the Lions actually make the playoffs, but they will stick in the race another week with a home win against the Bears. Detroit Lions 20, Chicago Bears 17

SATURDAY - Los Angeles Chargers (7-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (7-6), LAC by 1 – A battle to break up the AFC West logjam. I'm just not sure what has happened to the Chiefs, but the way they are playing right now makes them the hardest team to have confidence in going down the stretch. The Chargers meanwhile are the inverse of the Chiefs, making them an easy pick this week. LA Chargers 17, KC Chiefs 14

Philadelphia Eagles (11-2) at New York Giants (2-11), PHI by 7.5 – The Eagles got an Oakland Raiders-like gut wrenching piece of bad news when Carson Wentz's season came to an end pre-maturely. That is a death knell for a true Super Bowl contender. That being said, the Giants have already packed in this season,
so getting a win shouldn't be that hard. Philly Eagles 21, NY Giants 14

Green Bay Packers (7-6) at Carolina Panthers (9-4), CAR by 3 – Dear @Everlong, You're welcome for keeping the Packers season alive. Sincerely, Cleveland Browns. However, I think that reprieve ends this week against the Panthers. Even with Rodgers returning. Carolina Panthers 24, GB Packers 22

Cincinnati Bengals (5-8) at Minnesota Vikings (10-3), MIN by 10.5 – Minnesota is on the verge of clinching the division, don't screw that up against the Bungles. Minnesota Vikings 24, Cincy Bengals 17

Miami Dolphins (6-7) at Buffalo Bills (7-6), BUF by 3.5 – The path to a wild card spot is on the line for both of these teams. That path is much easier for Buffalo, who also is definitely the better team. Miami's won a couple games in a row now, but I think that streak comes to an end on the road against a division rival. Buffalo Bills 24, Miami Dolphins 23

Houston Texans (4-9) at Jacksonville Jaguars (9-4), JAX by 11 – The Jaguar defense will likely eat the Texans alive without Deshaun Watson. Jacksonville Jaguars 24, Houston Texans 17

New York Jets (5-8) at New Orleans Saints (9-4) NO by 15.5 – Child Please: NO Saints 28, NY Jets 18

Arizona Cardinals (6-7) at Washington (5-8), WAS by 4.5 – Two very meh teams, I hope Cousins has a great game to help my fantasy team in the semifinals. Washington 27, Arizona Cardinals 24

Baltimore Ravens (7-6) at Cleveland Browns (0-13), BAL by 7 – The Browns will likely need another Christmas Eve miracle to win a game this year. This week, the Ravens have had too much control over this match up to not pick Baltimore. Baltimore Ravens 27, Cleveland Browns 17

Los Angeles Rams (9-4) at Seattle Seahawks (8-5), SEA by 2.5 – The punk Hawks are done. UPSET!!!
LA Rams 21, Seattle Seahawks 20

Tennessee Titans (8-5) at San Francisco 49ers (3-10), SF by 2 – The Niners have gone warm, winning a couple of close games, but neither team is as good as Tennessee. The Titans should win this one and keep their playoff hopes alive. UPSET!!! Tennessee Titans 17, SF Niners 13

Dallas Cowboys (7-6) at Oakland Raiders (6-7), DAL by 3 – The Raiders will keep their division hopes alive by beating the Cowboys who are still without Zeke for one more week. UPSET!!! Oakland Raiders 20,
Dallas Cowboys 16

Atlanta Falcons (8-5) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9), ATL by 6 – Atlanta should cruise in this one if they want to show they are nearly as good as they were last year. Atlanta Falcons 27, TB Buccaneers 21

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby JDD » Dec 14, '17, 4:13 pm

Broncos

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby xgamr » Dec 16, '17, 11:39 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – New England Patriots (10-3) at Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2), NE by 3 – Patriots

THURSDAY NIGHT – Denver Broncos (4-9) at Indianapolis Colts (3-10), DEN by 2.5 – Missed

SATURDAY – Chicago Bears (4-9) at Detroit Lions (7-6), DET by 5.5 – Lions

Los Angeles Chargers (7-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (7-6), LAC by 1 – Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles (11-2) at New York Giants (2-11), PHI by 7.5 –Eagles

Green Bay Packers (7-6) at Carolina Panthers (9-4), CAR by 3 – Panthers

Cincinnati Bengals (5-8) at Minnesota Vikings (10-3), MIN by 10.5 – Vikings

Miami Dolphins (6-7) at Buffalo Bills (7-6), BUF by 3.5 – Dolphins

Houston Texans (4-9) at Jacksonville Jaguars (9-4), JAX by 11 – Jags

New York Jets (5-8) at New Orleans Saints (9-4) NO by 15.5 –Saints

Arizona Cardinals (6-7) at Washington (5-8), WAS by 4.5 – UPSET Cards

Baltimore Ravens (7-6) at Cleveland Browns (0-13), BAL by 7 – Ravens

Los Angeles Rams (9-4) at Seattle Seahawks (8-5), SEA by 2.5 – UPSET Rams

Tennessee Titans (8-5) at San Francisco 49ers (3-10), SF by 2 – 49ers

Dallas Cowboys (7-6) at Oakland Raiders (6-7), DAL by 3 – Cowboys

Atlanta Falcons (8-5) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9), ATL by 6 – Falcons

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 17, '17, 10:26 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – New England Patriots (10-3) at Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2), NE by 3 – PATRIOTS

Philadelphia Eagles (11-2) at New York Giants (2-11), PHI by 7.5 – EAGLES

Green Bay Packers (7-6) at Carolina Panthers (9-4), CAR by 3 – CAROLINA

Cincinnati Bengals (5-8) at Minnesota Vikings (10-3), MIN by 10.5 – MINNESOTA

Miami Dolphins (6-7) at Buffalo Bills (7-6), BUF by 3.5 – BUFFALO

Houston Texans (4-9) at Jacksonville Jaguars (9-4), JAX by 11 – JACKSONVILLE

New York Jets (5-8) at New Orleans Saints (9-4) NO by 15.5 – NEW ORLEANS

Arizona Cardinals (6-7) at Washington (5-8), WAS by 4.5 – UPSET!! ARIZONA

Baltimore Ravens (7-6) at Cleveland Browns (0-13), BAL by 7 – BALTIMORE

Los Angeles Rams (9-4) at Seattle Seahawks (8-5), SEA by 2.5 – SEATTLE

Tennessee Titans (8-5) at San Francisco 49ers (3-10), SF by 2 – UPSET!! TENNESSEE

Dallas Cowboys (7-6) at Oakland Raiders (6-7), DAL by 3 – UPSET!! OAKLAND

Atlanta Falcons (8-5) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9), ATL by 6 – ATLANTA

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Dec 22, '17, 8:07 am

@Everlong

This week's picks going up today?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Dec 22, '17, 2:34 pm

oh balls, I completely lost track of my week. I'll get them up shortly.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Return to NFL