It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 4:03 pm

Week 12 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 12 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Nov 21, '17, 3:02 pm

THANKSGIVING GAME WEEK OOO YEA TURKEY DAY FOOTBALL HERE WE GOOO!!

GAME OF THE WEEK – New Orleans Saints (8-2) at Los Angeles Rams (7-3), LAR by 2.5 – Once again, the Rams find themselves in a touch matchup against a hot divisional leader. What happens in this game could have a big effect on playoff seeding. The Saints are not quite as potent on the road as they are at home, but they’re arguably the hottest team in football right now and it’s hard to pick against them when Brees is as locked in as he is. UPSET! – Saints 24, Rams 20

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Minnesota Vikings (8-2) at Detroit Lions (6-4), MIN by 3 – The Lions have won three straight Turkey Day games, but they’ve got a hell of a battle in front of them against a Vikings team that just refuses to lose. But playing at home on a short week in a divisional matchup in a Thanksgiving atmosphere all just favors the Lions, who are capable of beating the Vikings. I’ll take them with the upset. UPSET! – Lions 27, Vikings 23

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Los Angeles Chargers (4-6) at Dallas Cowboys (5-5), DAL by 1 – Dallas gets to go right back to work after getting their butts kicked at home against the Eagles. Furthermore, they’re playing a hungry Chargers team that has been feasting defensively on opposing QBs. I like the Chargers in the upset, without Zeke playing. UPSET! – Chargers 20, Cowboys 17

THANKSGIVING DAY! – New York Giants (2-8) at Washington (4-6), WAS by 7 – Washington desperately needs this game if they have any hopes of a wild card spot. They’ll stay alive another week. Washington 24, Giants 16

Cleveland Browns (0-10) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-6), CIN by 8.5 – At this point, the best shot the Bengals have of winning a game this year is against the Packers. Go figure. Bengals 30, Browns 10

Chicago Bears (3-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (9-1), PHI by 13 – Fuck the Bears. Eagles 31, Bears 13

Miami Dolphins (4-6) at New England Patriots (8-2), NE by 16.5 – Holy shit, this point spread. Will the Pats cover?! Patriots 30, Dolphins 14

Buffalo Bills (5-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-4), KC by 10[/I] – Just a few weeks ago Buffalo was sitting at 5-2 and KC was at 6-1 and looking like the league’s best team. It’s been a rough November for them so far. Let’s just talk for a second about WHAT THE FUCK WERE THE BILLS THINKING benching Tyrod for Peterman? Talk about a decision that blows up in your face. Five first-half INTs later… good lord. The Bills were in the driver’s seat for a wild card spot and now their entire season is going up in smoke. Chiefs 24, Bills 20

[b]Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-6) at Atlanta Falcons (6-4), ATL by 10[/i] – This just feels like a trap game for the Falcons. I’m not going to call a Bucs win, but I think it’ll be closer than expected. Falcons 30, Bucs 27

[b]Carolina Panthers (7-3) at New York Jets (4-6), CAR by 4.5
– The Panthers win to stay right behind New Orleans and in prime position for a playoff spot. Panthers 30, Jets 10

Tennessee Titans (6-4) at Indianapolis Colts (3-7), TEN by 3.5 – The Titans clearly aren’t ready to play with the big boys yet, but they’re more than capable of trouncing the cupcakes, like the Colts. Titans 23, Colts 10

Seattle Seahawks (6-4) at San Francisco 49ers (1-9), SEA by 7 – Lol. Seahawks 27, 49ers 9

Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3) at Arizona Cardinals (4-6), JAX by 4.5 – The Jaguars just keep pushing their way toward their first playoff berth in a decade. They’re the superior team here, but there’s still a sense of uneasiness picking them on the road, especially in cross-country trips. Jaguars 19, Cardinals 17

Denver Broncos (3-7) at Oakland Raiders (4-6), OAK by 5 – The Raiders have had a bad season, but not Brock Osweiler bad. Raiders 34, Broncos 16

Green Bay Packers (5-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (8-2), PIT by 14- Fucking LOL. Steelers 34, Packers 6

Houston Texans (4-6) at Baltimore Ravens (5-5), BAL by 7 – If Baltimore’s defense keeps playing lights out, this will be a tough team to beat down the stretch, even with its poor offense. Ravens 17, Texans 9

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 12 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Nov 22, '17, 11:59 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – New Orleans Saints (8-2) at Los Angeles Rams (7-3), LAR by 2.5 – It's really quite amazing, these two teams are almost identical statistically and in the way they are allowing their defense to lead the way. Jared Goff is on his way to becoming a really good quarterback, but the difference in this game is Drew Brees is already there. The Saints should take this one in a highly entertaining game. UPSET!!! NO Saints 28, LA Rams 27

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Minnesota Vikings (8-2) at Detroit Lions (6-4), MIN by 3 – If the Vikings win this one they can pretty much put the division on lockdown and probably also put the silly Teddy Bridgewater for this season talk to rest. This is by far the best game of Thanksgiving Day this year should be a great one. Minnesota Vikings 21, Detroit Lions 18

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Los Angeles Chargers (4-6) at Dallas Cowboys (5-5), DAL by 1 – How is it that the Chargers of all teams get to represent the AFC as the only team playing on Thanksgiving? That being said, the Cowboys are a mess right now, Zeke's gone, the line is in shambles and they've seemingly lost their identity. The Chargers should send Dallas home with their third straight loss. UPSET!!! LA Chargers 21, Dallas Cowboys 20

THANKSGIVING DAY! – New York Giants (2-8) at Washington (4-6), WAS by 7 – I really truly hope this is the lowest rated NFL game in the past 20 years. That would give the NFL exactly what they deserve for constantly thrusting the NFC LEast down all of our throats in nationally televised spots. Washington 27, NY Giants 23

Cleveland Browns (0-10) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-6), CIN by 8.5 – The Browns are a hot mess. Luckily for them December brings a series of teams that are also a hot mess, but this one should get ugly. Cincy Bengals 23, Cleveland Browns 16

Chicago Bears (3-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (9-1), PHI by 13 – The top team in the NFL continues to roll and Carson Wentz continues to cost Sashi Brown and Paul DePodesta their jobs. Philly Eagles 28, Chicago Bears 17

Miami Dolphins (4-6) at New England Patriots (8-2), NE by 16.5 – Another year and more domination of the AFC East by the New England Bradys. NE Patriots 35, Miami Dolphins 24

Buffalo Bills (5-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-4), KC by 10 – I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. I've seen more quarterback changes than I care to count. I have never seen a QB change go as badly as putting Nathan Peterman in for Tyrod Taylor. Like, seriously, what could they have possibly seen from Peterman in practice that made that seem like a good idea? Taylor's back, but I think KC has enough to take this one at Arrowhead. KC Chiefs 28, Buffalo Bills 24

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-6) at Atlanta Falcons (6-4), ATL by 10 – The Falcons started the season awfully slowly, but they are catching their stride just in time for that postseason push. Atlanta Falcons 24,
TB Buccaneers 21

Carolina Panthers (7-3) at New York Jets (4-6), CAR by 4.5 – Carolina is finding some of their 2015 mojo and are making the NFC South race the most compelling of this season. The Panthers should get past the Jets fairly easily as New York is finally starting to be the team they were supposed to be. Carolina Panthers 23,
NY Jets 19

Tennessee Titans (6-4) at Indianapolis Colts (3-7), TEN by 3.5 – God the AFC South is so bad. Titans should beat the pathetic Colts with ease. Tennessee Titans 24, Indy Colts 20

Seattle Seahawks (6-4) at San Francisco 49ers (1-9), SEA by 7 – The Hawks are struggling right now, but a game with the Niners is exactly what the doctor ordered. Seattle Seahawks 24, SF Niners 17

Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3) at Arizona Cardinals (4-6), JAX by 4.5 – Jacksonville just keeps getting to feast on maybe the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL. Jacksonville Jaguars 24, Arizona Cardinals 14

Denver Broncos (3-7) at Oakland Raiders (4-6), OAK by 5 – Both of these teams are disappointments, but I think the Raiders have the better chance to turn things around. Oakland Raiders 24, Denver Broncos 21

Green Bay Packers (5-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (8-2), PIT by 14 - Blah, blah, blah. Pittsburgh Steelers 23, GB Packers 17

Houston Texans (4-6) at Baltimore Ravens (5-5), BAL by 7 – Baltimore wins, Houston loses, moving on. Baltimore Ravens 23, Houston Texans 21

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 22, '17, 8:11 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – New Orleans Saints (8-2) at Los Angeles Rams (7-3), LAR by 2.5UPSET!! NEW ORLEANS

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Minnesota Vikings (8-2) at Detroit Lions (6-4), MIN by 3 – MINNESOTA

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Los Angeles Chargers (4-6) at Dallas Cowboys (5-5), DAL by 1 – DALLAS

THANKSGIVING DAY! – New York Giants (2-8) at Washington (4-6), WAS by 7 – WASHINGTON

Cleveland Browns (0-10) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-6), CIN by 8.5 – CINCINNATI

Chicago Bears (3-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (9-1), PHI by 13 – PHILADELPHIA

Miami Dolphins (4-6) at New England Patriots (8-2), NE by 16.5 – NEW ENGLAND

Buffalo Bills (5-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-4), KC by 10 – KANSAS CITY

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-6) at Atlanta Falcons (6-4), ATL by 10 – ATLANTA

Carolina Panthers (7-3) at New York Jets (4-6), CAR by 4.5 – CAROLINA

Tennessee Titans (6-4) at Indianapolis Colts (3-7), TEN by 3.5 – TENNESSEE

Seattle Seahawks (6-4) at San Francisco 49ers (1-9), SEA by 7 – SEATTLE

Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3) at Arizona Cardinals (4-6), JAX by 4.5 – JACKSONVILLE

Denver Broncos (3-7) at Oakland Raiders (4-6), OAK by 5 – OAKLAND

Green Bay Packers (5-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (8-2), PIT by 14 - PITTSBURGH

Houston Texans (4-6) at Baltimore Ravens (5-5), BAL by 7 – BALTIMORE

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Nov 22, '17, 10:42 pm

Minnesota
Los Angeles
Washington

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby JDD » Nov 23, '17, 6:55 am

Vikings
UPSET! Chargers
UPSET! Giants

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 23, '17, 7:36 am

Saints
Vikings
Chargers
Washington
Browns
Eagles
Patriots
Chiefs
Falcons
Panthers
Titans
Seahawks
Jaguars
Broncos
Steelers
Ravens

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby xgamr » Nov 23, '17, 8:25 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – New Orleans Saints (8-2) at Los Angeles Rams (7-3), LAR by 2.5 – UPSET Saints

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Minnesota Vikings (8-2) at Detroit Lions (6-4), MIN by 3 – Vikings

THANKSGIVING DAY! – Los Angeles Chargers (4-6) at Dallas Cowboys (5-5), DAL by 1 – UPSET Chargers

THANKSGIVING DAY! – New York Giants (2-8) at Washington (4-6), WAS by 7 – Redskins

Cleveland Browns (0-10) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-6), CIN by 8.5 – UPSET Browns

Chicago Bears (3-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (9-1), PHI by 13 – Eagles

Miami Dolphins (4-6) at New England Patriots (8-2), NE by 16.5 – Patriots

Buffalo Bills (5-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-4), KC by 10[/I] – Chiefs

[b]Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-6) at Atlanta Falcons (6-4), ATL by 10[/i] – Falcons

[b]Carolina Panthers (7-3) at New York Jets (4-6), CAR by 4.5 – Panthers

Tennessee Titans (6-4) at Indianapolis Colts (3-7), TEN by 3.5 – Titans

Seattle Seahawks (6-4) at San Francisco 49ers (1-9), SEA by 7 – Seahawks

Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3) at Arizona Cardinals (4-6), JAX by 4.5 – Jags

Denver Broncos (3-7) at Oakland Raiders (4-6), OAK by 5 – Raiders

Green Bay Packers (5-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (8-2), PIT by 14- Steelers

Houston Texans (4-6) at Baltimore Ravens (5-5), BAL by 7 – Ravens

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Messiah » Nov 26, '17, 11:24 am

Unfortunately I got too busy and missed too many weeks to still be involved, but I just want everyone to know that I'm predicting the Bears to beat the Eagles just like they beat the Steelers and Panthers. Bears are the Kingslayer of the NFL. 8)

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Nov 26, '17, 1:46 pm

Messiah wrote:Unfortunately I got too busy and missed too many weeks to still be involved, but I just want everyone to know that I'm predicting the Bears to beat the Eagles just like they beat the Steelers and Panthers. Bears are the Kingslayer of the NFL. 8)

@Messiah

Care to revise that pick?

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Nov 26, '17, 3:16 pm

I'd like to point out that I would have predicted the Browns-Bengals score perfectly if not for the worst penalty in the history of football on Jabrill Peppers for forcing an incompletion by hitting a "defenseless" receiver who had the ball in the chest with his shoulder. Once again, an NFL officiating crew actually determined today that a guy that had the ball was "defenseless". Someone please help me and the NFL understand the meaning of the word defenseless, because we have different definitions. It was a brilliant play that was erased by a penalty that wiped out any chance the Browns had to win today. If this play is a defenseless penalty, then they might as well just stop playing football. (Video attached)

https://sports.yahoo.com/jabrill-peppers-delivers-monster-hit-205820142.html

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Nov 27, '17, 8:16 am

The Legend wrote:
Messiah wrote:Unfortunately I got too busy and missed too many weeks to still be involved, but I just want everyone to know that I'm predicting the Bears to beat the Eagles just like they beat the Steelers and Panthers. Bears are the Kingslayer of the NFL. 8)

@Messiah

Care to revise that pick?

Every eagle has its day.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Nov 27, '17, 10:19 am

^^^ At 10-1 it appears Philly is much like Rusev. Every Sunday is Eagle Day.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Dec 12, '17, 1:47 pm

The Legend: 14-3, hit one upset
Everlong: 13-4, hit one upset
Xgamr: 13-4, hit one upset
Str8Shooter: 12-4
EmperorWu: 11-5

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Return to NFL