It is currently: Apr 20, '24, 8:05 am

Week 4 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 4 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 26, '17, 11:38 am

Week four, and what the fuck happened this week? The Jets beat the Dolphins, the Jags beat the Ravens, the Bills beat the Broncos, and that’s just a few of the wacky results, That’ll surely make it harder to predict this week’s games as we still try to figure out which team is capable of what.

GAME OF THE WEEK - Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 2.5 – Two powerhouses in the AFC West looking to rebound after surprising losses from last week. All of these division games between the two of them and Kansas City are going to be high stakes. Call me crazy, but I’m going to go with the Raiders to pull off an upset. UPSET! – Raiders 23, Broncos 21

THURSDAY NIGHT – Chicago Bears (1-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-1), GB by 7 – The other two NFC North teams meet on Thursday night in Lambeau Field. The Packers are already the league’s most injured team and are playing on a short week after an overtime game in record heat for Green Bay. That, combined with the fact that they’re going to be without THEIR TOP FIVE OFFENSIVE TACKLES from their opening day roster, as well as some crucial playmakers on both sides of the ball, doesn’t bear well for this Packers team. But this is still the Bears we’re talking about, who are starting Mike Glennon and do not have a whole lot of playmaking options. The Packers will limp out with a win, and will gladly take the extra time to recover before week five. Packers 20, Bears 17

Detroit Lions (2-1) at Minnesota Vikings (2-1), BETS OFF – Bets are off once again for the Vikings as we wait and find out if Sam Bradford will play. Either way, this figures to be a really entertaining game. The Lions are playing outstanding football, and had a really good shot at beating the conference’s best team. The Vikings are playing better ball than expected even without Bradford, thanks in large part to the defense and Stefon Diggs. NFC North matchups are almost always a slugfest, and with the style of ball these two teams play, expect things to be hard hitting. Lions 23, Vikings 20

New Orleans Saints (1-2) at Miami Dolphins (1-1) in London, NO by 3 – Really difficult to know what to expect out of these teams based on the last couple weeks, but I feel like the Dolphins are much better suited to go out to London and win a game than the Saints. Dolphins 27, Saints 20

Los Angeles Rams (2-1) at Dallas Cowboys (2-1), DAL by 8 – Interesting game here, and I’d take the under if I were a betting man. The Rams are showing a lot of balls, and Jared Goff has come a long way since last year. The Cowboys are still the more talented team and are playing at home, but nobody should take the Rams lightly this year. Cowboys 20, Rams 16

Carolina Panthers (2-1) at New England Patriots (2-1), NE by 8.5 – When you get blown out at home by the Saints, there’s no chance you’re gonna go on the road and beat the Pats. Patriots 34, Panthers 20

Houston Texans (2-1) at Tennessee Titans (2-1), TEN by 1.5 – Another really good divisional matchup this week. The Titans look to have made the next step people thought they would, especially after taking out the Seahawks. Meanwhile, the Texans fared much better than expected against the Patriots last week. I trust the Titans more at home, but expect this one to go down to the tire. Titans 27, Texans 23

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at New York Jets (1-2), JAX by 3.5 – What got into the Jags last week? MY goodness. They should be able to handle the Jets, and go 3-1 for the first time since… Christ only knows when. Jaguars 30, Jets 17

Cincinnati Bengals (0-3) at Cleveland Browns (0-3), CIN by 3 – Boy, the Bengals really bungled the game against the Packers last week. Marvin Lewis’s second-half coaching was about as bad as you’ll see outside of Mike McCarthy in the 2014 NFC Championship. How the fuck does he still have a job? Regardless, the Browns can’t even beat the Colts without Andrew Luck, so I have a hard time believing they’ll take down a team with the talent Cincy has, even if Cincy is completely hell-bent on completely wasting it. Bengals 23, Browns 13

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), PIT by 3 – Boy, Baltimore apparently is nowhere near as good as I thought they were. What an absolute embarrassment last week. And Joe Flacco is looking like a bottom-five QB right now. Meanwhile, the Steelers went on the road to Chicago and got embarrassed in their own right. Both of these teams have a lot of problems, but a divisional win will cure them for now. Hard to know what to expect… if we throw out last week’s performance for each, I still like the way the Ravens have been playing outside of Flacco, and in divisional matchups you gotta give a slight edge to the home team. UPSET! – Ravens 27, Steelers 23

Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (3-0), ATL by 8 – Surprisingly good performance by the Bills last week against a really tough Denver team, but this Falcons team is too good and too powerful on offense to take down in their own stadium. Falcons 33, Bills 21

New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1), TB by 3 – What the fuck is going on with the Giants? What a disaster they are, in all regards. Bucs 20, Giants 13

Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (0-3), PUSH – Every game in LA is an away game for the Chargers. Feel bad for them, but not for Dean Spanos. Eagles 27, Chargers 20

San Francisco 49ers (0-3) at Arizona Cardinals (1-2), ARZ by 7 – The Cardinals are going to need to play well within the division if they hope to get to the playoffs this year, because a wild card spot just isn’t in the cards for them at all. Fortunately, they should be able to handle the Niners. Cardinals 20, Niners 6

Indianapolis Colts (1-2) at Seattle Seahawks (1-2), SEA by 13 – Lol. Seahawks 24, Colts 9

Washington (2-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (3-0), KC by 6.5 – Washington looked pretty damn good against the Raiders, but the Chiefs may very well be the best team in football right now. I’m picking them against anyone they play until I’m given reason to do otherwise. Chiefs 30, Washington 17

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 4 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby DBSoT » Sep 26, '17, 4:16 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK - Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 2.5 – Interesting fact about Derek Carr. He hasn't completed a pass of 20+ yards so far this season. Washington was able to exploit this by covering the underneath routes. Denver's secondary should also be up to the task. Playing back on the west coast should help Oakland, after last weeks East coast trip. Denver

Detroit Lions (2-1) at Minnesota Vikings (2-1), BETS OFF – Are the Lions finally playing like a good team with the potential for more? Even though Detroit should be 3-0 (thanks refs), I have been happy with their 2-1 start. They seem to compete and Stafford looks to be playing the best of his career. Minnesota is still a tricky game on the road, but if Bradford doesn't play it makes a big difference. Detroit

THURSDAY NIGHT – Chicago Bears (1-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-1), GB by 7 – This is a tricky game. The Bears showed life against the Steelers, but was it them or the matchup. The Packers were bipolar against the Bengals and they still struggle to protect Rodgers. With that said, the Packers are still the better overall team and they are in Lambeau. Green Bay

New Orleans Saints (1-2) at Miami Dolphins (1-1) in London, NO by 3 – Can we please stop playing games in London? NOLA's defense is a train wreck, but they seem to make some strides against a struggling Panthers team. Somehow Miami hurt the Jets chances at the #1 overall pick. Anyone who loses to the Jets has some serious issues. New Orleans

Los Angeles Rams (2-1) at Dallas Cowboys (2-1), DAL by 8 – Jared Goff might actually be decent, guys. The addition of Watkins and reimmersion of Gurley, has given Goff the weapons he needs to succeed. Credit also goes to Coach McVay for whatever magic he is pulling. The Rams look like a tough out each week. The Cowboys are still one of the best teams in the NFC, but if the Rams can stop Zeke, this one could be interesting. Dallas

Carolina Panthers (2-1) at New England Patriots (2-1), NE by 8.5 – I will only pick against the Pats if Brady is injured or they face KC, Denver or Atlanta (revenge game). New England

Houston Texans (2-1) at Tennessee Titans (2-1), TEN by 1.5 – The Titans are living up to their billing everyone preseason dark horse. Imagine this offense once Davis is healthy. Houston took New England down to the wire with some good play from Watson. Unfortunately, Watson is still a rookie and he will make mistake that will cost Houston games. Tennessee

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at New York Jets (1-2), JAX by 3.5 – Jacksonville put a beatdown on Baltimore in London. Expect the same against the Jets. Everyone should start Jaggin Off now. Jacksonville

Cincinnati Bengals (0-3) at Cleveland Browns (0-3), CIN by 3 – Thankfully this is a divisional game, because otherwise, yuck. The Browns couldn't beat a bad Indy team. The Bengals completely dropped the ball against an injured Green Bay. At least Cincy showed signs of life. Cincinnati

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), PIT by 3 – Baltimore got destroyed in London and the Steelers choked against the Bear. However, it's still a divisional game against two rivals, so I expect a close one. Pittsburgh

Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (3-0), ATL by 8 – The Falcons continue to show why they are the best in the NFC this week. Buffalo does have a good defense and could keep this one close, but the offensive weapons for Atlanta are too much. Atlanta

New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1), TB by 3 – This is a crucial game for both teams. If Tampa Bay loses, they will be in dire straights for playoff contention. If New York loses, they might as well start planning for the Draft. I just can't see the Giants starting 0-4, especially against a defense that got destroyed by Case Keenum. New York

Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (0-3), PUSH – I feel for Chargers fans (all 10 of them). They are a team with no identity, no stadium and a tough early schedule. This will also be their 3rd straight game at home. Could you imagine losing 3 straight games, all at home? I know it isn't their real stadium, but come on. I am taking a chance here that the west coast travel is hard on Philly and the Charger can win one game in LA. Los Angeles

San Francisco 49ers (0-3) at Arizona Cardinals (1-2), ARZ by 7 – The 49ers suck so very bad. Arizona

Indianapolis Colts (1-2) at Seattle Seahawks (1-2), SEA by 13 – The Colts sucks so very bad, but I guess they are better than the Browns. Seattle

Washington (2-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (3-0), KC by 6.5 – I really liked what I saw from Washington against Oakland. The defense was stout and Cousins played like the guy making elite QB money. Now they are about to play a Chiefs team that is red hot. Kareem Hunt would be my early season MVP. He is playing out of his mind and has this offense rolling. Kansas City

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby ShaneOfan » Sep 26, '17, 4:24 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK - Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 2.5 – UPSET Did anyone expect the Broncos to fall to Buffalo? I know I didn't but when they hit one of the better defenses in the league(at least we got that going for us) they got picked apart. Fortunately for Denver, Oakland isn't nearly as good on that side of the ball as is Buffalo. I expect an exciting game with a big Denver win.

Detroit Lions (2-1) at Minnesota Vikings (2-1), BETS OFF – Another week where I predict Bradford being the difference between a W and a L for Minnesota. I'll make this prediction assuming Bradford is a no go. But I may amend this if that changes. Lions win.

THURSDAY NIGHT – Chicago Bears (1-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-1), GB by 7 – As Tim said, the Packers are incredibly banged up. Against a lot of other teams in the league, I would predict a GB loss. Against the Bears... Packers win and go to 3-1

New Orleans Saints (1-2) at Miami Dolphins (1-1) in London, NO by 3 – UPSET. Give me Miami in this double road game. I'm not sold on NO. Miami isn't a great team, but they aren't bad.

Los Angeles Rams (2-1) at Dallas Cowboys (2-1), DAL by 8 – Dallas wins this one big. I predict double digit win. As Elliot and company start to pick up steam the lacked for six quarters of football.

Carolina Panthers (2-1) at New England Patriots (2-1), NE by 8.5 – Pats

Houston Texans (2-1) at Tennessee Titans (2-1), TEN by 1.5 – UPSET Taking Houston in this one. Both teams have looked better then expected. But while I think Houston will be divisional contenders, I don't buy the Titans hype. I think they will fall back to earth.

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at New York Jets (1-2), JAX by 3.5 – J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK. I don't believe teams tank. That doesn't mean I think they always go out of their way to push for a win. Jets are rebuilding. The Jags should handle this one on the road.

Cincinnati Bengals (0-3) at Cleveland Browns (0-3), CIN by 3 – Give me Cincy I mean they have to be better then the Browns right... right? If not, someone may be out of the job. They gave the (albeit injured) Packers a run for their money. And even banged up GB is way better then Cleveland.

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), PIT by 3 – After last week Flacco will be playing extra hard. He has to show he still has... something. I don't expect a pretty game. Or even an entertaining one. But it sure as hell shouldn't be ampther 44-7 Blowout. Give me Pittsburgh to win. But not by a lot.

Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (3-0), ATL by 8 – I love my Bills. And I LOVED our win last week. But the defense can only keep us in the game so many weeks. Tyrod looked decent but he still doesn't have much of a deep ball... or even a medium one. Most of his passing yard are after the catch. Sure he has legs but we need a QB who can throw. I think Atlanta will expose him and pick him apart. As good as our defense is, I expect a double score lead for ATL.

New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1), TB by 3 – Giants suck. Jesus I didn't expect much from them but I expected better then this. Give me the Buccs.

Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (0-3), PUSH – Eagles because of reasons as well as not being the Chargers.

San Francisco 49ers (0-3) at Arizona Cardinals (1-2), ARZ by 7 – Cards looked good against Dallas until they tanked. Hopefully for them they don't let that happen again. Because they can't afford to many losses. Like Tim said, they won't get a wildcard so they MUST win divisional games. Good news for them, the Niners suck. Give me Arizona.

Indianapolis Colts (1-2) at Seattle Seahawks (1-2), SEA by 13 – Hahahahahahahahahahahah but seriously Seattle.

Washington (2-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (3-0), KC by 6.5 – UPSET. I just have a feeling here.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Birthday

Postby BSM » Sep 27, '17, 7:35 pm

]GAME OF THE WEEK - Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 2.5 – Broncos

Detroit Lions (2-1) at Minnesota Vikings (2-1), BETS OFF – Lions

THURSDAY NIGHT – Chicago Bears (1-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-1), GB by 7 – Packers

New Orleans Saints (1-2) at Miami Dolphins (1-1) in London, NO by 3 – Saints

Los Angeles Rams (2-1) at Dallas Cowboys (2-1), DAL by 8 – Cowboys

Carolina Panthers (2-1) at New England Patriots (2-1), NE by 8.5 – Patriots

Houston Texans (2-1) at Tennessee Titans (2-1), TEN by 1.5 – Titans

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at New York Jets (1-2), JAX by 3.5 – Jaguars

Cincinnati Bengals (0-3) at Cleveland Browns (0-3), CIN by 3 – Bengals

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), PIT by 3 – Steelers

Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (3-0), ATL by 8 – Falcons

New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1), TB by 3 – Buccaneers

Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (0-3), PUSH – Eagles

San Francisco 49ers (0-3) at Arizona Cardinals (1-2), ARZ by 7 – Cardinals

Indianapolis Colts (1-2) at Seattle Seahawks (1-2), SEA by 13 – Seahawks

Washington (2-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (3-0), KC by 6.5 – Chiefs

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby xgamr » Sep 28, '17, 4:52 am

GAME OF THE WEEK - Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 2.5 – Broncos

THURSDAY NIGHT – Chicago Bears (1-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-1), GB by 7 – Packers

Los Angeles Rams (2-1) at Dallas Cowboys (2-1), DAL by 8 – Cowboys

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), PIT by 3 –Steelers

New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1), TB by 3 – UPSET Giants

Last edited by xgamr on Oct 01, '17, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby The Legend » Sep 28, '17, 1:26 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK - Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 2.5 – What a dandy we have with this one. A divisional contest for early control, although the answer coming back in Oakland later could level the playing field. I could see this going either way, but right now defense is still ahead of offense this season in the NFL I'll take the Broncos to take round one. Denver Broncos 24, Oakland Raiders 23

THURSDAY NIGHT – Chicago Bears (1-2) at Green Bay Packers (2-1), GB by 7 – Aaron Rodgers likes to spell a five letter word this time of year when questions about the Packers arise early in the season R-E-L-A-X, but this year might actually be different. That Green Bay offense is another five letter word right now A-W-F-U-L. That being said they should be able to squeak out a win over Chicago. Green Bay Packers 24, Chicago Bears 20

Detroit Lions (2-1) at Minnesota Vikings (2-1), BETS OFF – If Bradford does play it's an interesting game, but either way I think the Lions are simply better and should take it. Detroit Lions 23, Minnesota Vikings 21

New Orleans Saints (1-2) at Miami Dolphins (1-1) in London, NO by 3 – I don't know what to think of this game. Both of these teams could play like gangbusters or like a dumpster fire depending on the Sunday and shipping the game to London doesn't help predictability. That being said, give me the upset. UPSET!!! Miami Dolphins 23, NO Saints 20

Los Angeles Rams (2-1) at Dallas Cowboys (2-1), DAL by 8 – Rams have been off to a good start, but I think the time will come where they come back to earth and this might be the start of that. Dallas Cowboys 27, LA Rams 16

Carolina Panthers (2-1) at New England Patriots (2-1), NE by 8.5 – Patriots are hitting their stride after Bill got all the motivation he needed for the team with a Week 1 loss. The freight train keeps rolling. NE Patriots 27, Carolina Panthers 23

Houston Texans (2-1) at Tennessee Titans (2-1), TEN by 1.5 – The Texans haven't lost a game DeShaun Watson has started, when does that end? Probably this week. Tennessee Titans 24, Houston Texans 20

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at New York Jets (1-2), JAX by 3.5 – The Jets went out and proved once again the Detroit Lions will be the only 0-16 team in NFL history for the rest of time. This week it's back to your regularly scheduled tanking season. Jacksonville Jaguars 27, NY Jets 17

Cincinnati Bengals (0-3) at Cleveland Browns (0-3), CIN by 3 – The long term functionality of this building from the ground up strategy will really start to come under fire with more losses like the one against the Colts. Thankfully, after this game Cleveland can focus on the Indians winning the World Series instead of the train wreck in Berea. UPSET!!! Cleveland Browns 21, Cincy Bengals 19

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), PIT by 3 – Will the real AFC North leader please stand up? The Ravens looked good for a couple of weeks, but tanked last week. Pittsburgh has yet to be challenged in a game with an NFL caliber opponent. This game will say a lot. Pittsburgh Steelers 21, Baltimore Ravens 18

Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (3-0), ATL by 8 – This game isn't even a contest. Atlanta Falcons 31, Buffalo Bills 14

New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1), TB by 3 – The Giants are still a mess. They'll win eventually, but it might take a while. TB Buccaneers 23, NY Giants 19

Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (0-3), PUSH – The trip to the West Coast makes this challenging, but I'm still going with the better team. Philly Eagles 24, LA Chargers 21

San Francisco 49ers (0-3) at Arizona Cardinals (1-2), ARZ by 7 – Cards aren't a great team, but they are better than San Francisco. Arizona Cardinals 23, SF Niners 21

Indianapolis Colts (1-2) at Seattle Seahawks (1-2), SEA by 13 – The Colts do everything that losing teams do. Lucky for them, the Browns have mastered what losing teams do. As for this week, LOL. Seattle Seahawks 23, Indy Colts 17

Washington (2-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (3-0), KC by 6.5 – LOL, Washington. KC Chiefs 27, Washington 20

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Sep 28, '17, 5:32 pm

Bears UPSET

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby JDD » Sep 28, '17, 6:48 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK - Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1), DEN by 2.5 – UPSET! Raiders

Los Angeles Rams (2-1) at Dallas Cowboys (2-1), DAL by 8 – UPSET! Rams

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), PIT by 3 – Steelers

New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1), TB by 3 – UPSET! Giants

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby xgamr » Oct 01, '17, 6:55 am

Also, the last time the Jaguars started 3-1 was 2007

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Messiah » Oct 01, '17, 10:36 am

Messiah wrote:Bears UPSET

Dolphins vs Saints (I missed this game but I would have picked the Dolphins and been wrong anyway)
Raiders vs Broncos
Lions vs Vikings
Rams vs Cowboys UPSET
Panthers vs Patriots
Texans vs Titans
Jaguars vs Jets
Bengals vs Browns
Steelers vs Ravens
Bills vs Falcons
Giants vs Buccaneers
Eagles vs Chargers
49ers vs Cardinals
Colts vs Seahawks
Redskins vs Chiefs

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Oct 03, '17, 1:24 pm

RESULTS:
ShaneOfan: 12-5, hit one upset
BSM: 11-5
Messiah: 10-5
Xgamr: 10-6
JDD: 10-6, hit one upset
DBSoT: 9-7
Everlong: 8-8
The Legend: 8-8

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Return to NFL