It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 3:25 am

Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 05, '17, 1:01 pm

HERE WE GO FOLKS! Week one of a brand new season. Let’s get things started off right!

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, GB by 3 – Every time these two teams get together, something memorable happens. This week one matchup should be no different. Big things to watch: Packers’ weak pass rush versus the Seahawks’ weak offensive line. Seahawks’ running game with Eddie Lacy versus Packers’ rebuilt front seven. Packer’s two new TEs matching up against the Seahawks defense to add to the Packers’ WR depth. Gonna be a lot of fun matchups in this one. With it being week one, I give the home team the edge when most else seems even. Packers 27, Seahawks 24

THURSDAY NIGHT OPENER – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, NE by 8.5 – Look, the Pats may be missing Edelman, but there’s simply no chance they lose a home opener against anyone, even a Chiefs team that is built to give them problems. Patriots 30, Chiefs 17

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills, BUF by 8 – The Jets are, on paper, one of the worst teams we’ve seen in quite some time. They’ll be lucky to win two games this year. Bills 31, Jets 10

Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears, ATL by 7 – Finally, after what has to be one of the longest offseasons for any team ever, the Falcons hit the field again. Now is when we find out what sort of resolve they have. Don’t expect Matt Ryan to put up the same kinds of numbers as he did in his MVP campaign last year, especially with Kyle Shanahan gone to San Francisco, but expect them to easily roll the Bears. Falcons 37, Bears 17

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, HOU by 5.5 – What the hell has happened to Blake Bortles? Yeesh. The Texans are once again a team that has a lot of good pieces in place but no QB to tie it all together. Against the Jags, though, all you have to be is competent, which the Texans are. Texans 20, Jaguars 13

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – Philly had a hot start last year before sputtering out late in the season. It’ll be interesting to see how this young team and its young QB have evolved over the offseason. Meanwhile, the Redskins are still in search of a defense, and Kirk Cousins is still in search of a long-term contract. Week one, gotta give the home team the edge, but you never know in divisional games, especially the NFC East. UPSET! – Washington 28, Eagles 24

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions, ARZ by 1.5 – I think the Lions are getting a little disrespected here, though if Carson Palmer can play like he did in 2015 instead of 2016 then this team is still capable of making one final run at it. Will be interesting to see how they match up. But again, when in doubt, go with the home team in week one. UPSET! – Lions 23, Cardinals 20

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – I like the Titans’ chances at taking their weak division this year, especially if Marcus Mariota continues to develop along the same trajectory as he has so far. But I REALLY like the Raiders, and expect them to take the next step this year to being true contenders. UPSET! – Raiders 34, Titans 27

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins, TB by 2.5 – With all the uncertainty surrounding this game and the hurricane, it’ll be tough for the Dolphins to pull it off. But beyond that, this is an interesting matchup between two teams with a lot of fight. I think the Buccaneers are the ones who have their arrow pointing upward. Bucs 23, Dolphins 16

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals, CIN by 3 – Divisional games are crucial at any time, but especially in the AFC North, in which any of three teams could win the division in any given year. This makes this early season matchup quite interesting and important. When in doubt… you know. Bengals 24, Ravens 20

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, PIT by 8.5 – The Browns at least aren’t the WORST team in the league any more… just second or third worst. Steelers 37, Browns 13

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – You know your roster is shit without Andrew Luck when you’re expected to lose to the Rams. Rams 20, Colts 10

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers, CAR by 5.5 – The Niners have a long, long way to go before they can get back to respectability. The Panthers are going to be neck and neck with the Falcons for the AFC crown this year, and will keep pace this week. Panthers 24, 49ers 9

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 3.5 – Seems like these two open the season on SNF every year, and every year it’s a tight game. Never know what to expect in games between these two teams. When in doubt… Cowboys 20, Giants 17

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – Never forget that the Vikings started last season 5-0 before blowing it as always. That’s what they do… start fast, then wimp out. Vikings 23, Saints 20

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 – I honestly hope the Chargers lose every game this season, because Dean Spanos doesn’t deserve shit. Broncos 27, Chargers 13

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby DBSoT » Sep 05, '17, 2:56 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, GB by 3 – Green Bay There are some seriously crappy match ups this week, so it is nice to see a game like this on the schedule. The NFC North may have the worst collection of D-linemen in the entire NFL. Luckily for Green Bay, Seattle's O-line isn't very good either. The Packer's O-line has had some changes and will need some time to gel, but the combination of Rodgers and Bennett should help them with a short passing game. Lambeau is also a factor.

THURSDAY NIGHT OPENER – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, NE by 8.5 – New England I could see a scenario where the Patriots go 16-0 again. Unless, Brady gets hurt, I will not be picking against them at all.

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills, BUF by 8 – Buffalo The Jets have been attempting to tank this off-season in every possible way they doesn't involve saying the words. If they don't get the #1 pick, it would be a massive disappointment.

Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears, ATL by 7 – Atlanta The Bears made improvements to their defense last season and could potentially have a capable QB prospect (Trubisky). So naturally, they are starting Mike Glennon because they overpaid for his ass. Atlanta is looking to rebound from the Superbowl and putting up big numbers against Chicago is just what the doctor ordered.

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, HOU by 5.5 – Houston I am not sure I have ever seen a QB regress as fast as Blake Bortles. He was never a elite QB or anything, but he had real promise early on. Unless he can regain form, this Jags team is going nowhere fast. Houston's defense should feast in this game and Tom Savage will do enough. I expect to see Watson start by the end of the season, though.

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – Philadelphia I really want Cousins to have a good season and prove the doubters wrong. Unfortunately, the Redskins front office took his offensive weapons. Pryor should be a nice compliment and Reed will be a big help when healthy, but it is going to take a few games for this team to gel.

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions, ARZ by 1.5 – Arizona Did I mention that the NFC North has some bad d-linemen? Well, the Lions are the worst group. The front office didn't address this issue in the draft, Kerry Hyder (leader in sacks in 2016) is out for the year and Ansah is coming off an injury plagued season. Also Ziggy didn't play all preseason, as a precaution (ugh!). The interior line should be fine against the run, but David Johnson is going to give them real fits.

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – Oakland I want to watch the shit out of this game. Two really talented young teams with possible future top level QBs and big time young WRs. The addition of Beast Mode is only the cherry on top. Luckily for Oakland, they are further ahead in their overall development. In the coming years, Carr, Mariota and Winston will be the lead dogs of the NFL.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins, TB by 2.5 – Tampa Bay I am not convinced these team play this game until week 11. However, if they do, I believe Tampa Bay comes out on top. Weather could be a major factor all around though.

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals, CIN by 3 – Cincinnati I am tired of typing. Bengals picked up two very good offensive weapons in the draft. I expect a rebound season.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, PIT by 8.5 – Pittsburgh The Browns will be better, but being better than awful isn't saying much. I do like Kizer as a potential starter, though.

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – Los Angeles I kind of like the Rams WR core a bit. Too bad they have no one to throw them the ball. However, Indy is starting Scott Tolzien, so it is a wash. Todd Gurley will be the difference in this game.

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers, CAR by 5.5 – Carolina I hate teams going from the east to west coast. It makes for a very difficult environmental change. With that said, the 49ers are still very much a work in process. I expect the game to be closer than expected, but Carolina comes out on top.

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 3.5 – New York Unless Zeke is reinstated by Sunday, I think his loss will hurt the Cowboys against potential playoff teams. This could be a good game for Dax to show out and make a name for himself outside of Zeke.

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – Minnesota New Orleans pass defense is tragically bad on paper. They will have to win some real shoot outs this season. Minnesota showed promise last season and I expect they return to that form this season.

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 – Denver Words and stuff.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby BSM » Sep 06, '17, 2:10 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, GB by 3 – Packers

THURSDAY NIGHT OPENER – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, NE by 8.5 – Patriots

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills, BUF by 8 – Bills

Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears, ATL by 7 – Falcons

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, HOU by 5.5 – Texans

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – Eagles

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions, ARZ by 1.5 – Cardinals

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – UPSET! – Raiders

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins, TB by 2.5 – Bucs

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals, CIN by 3 – Bengals

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, PIT by 8.5 – Steelers

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – Colts

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers, CAR by 5.5 – Panthers

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 3.5 – Cowboys

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – UPSET! Saints

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 – Broncos

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby ShaneOfan » Sep 06, '17, 7:32 pm

Should be a good one, but I honestly don't think it will be close. I think Packers run away with this one quickly. And Tim is right, it will be memorable because people will be questioning what happened to Seattle.

THURSDAY NIGHT OPENER – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, NE by 8.5 – Patriots
These guys are going to be hard to beat again. But I honestly think the Chiefs will cover the spread and push them to the end. Still it's the Pats in NE and they will find away.

I love my Bills. I do. We won't win a lot of games this year(like possibly less then 5), but this one should be one of them.

Bears will be good again in a few years. But they are not there yet.

Want to take the Jags in an upset here, but I think the Texans will win. If it were not for the hurricane that had hit, I'd go Jags. But Texans will be "playing for their town" and it will push them over.

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – *UPSET* Skins
Eagles are not the team people think they are. I honestly think the Skins get the upset win here.

Gotta go with the Cards here.

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – Titans
Raiders are another team like the Bears and Bills who will be good in two or three years. But I think the Titans are on an upswing. And I gotta take them at home.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins, TB by 2.5 – Buccs
Cutler WILL impress in Miami and he WILL win games. This will not be one of them.

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals, CIN by 3 – *UPSET* Ravens
Shane Falco is back and will lead his team to victory!

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, PIT by 8.5 – *STUNNING UPSET*
I just have a weird feeling is all.

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – Rams
Just a better team. Goff is a better QB then Tolzein. If Luck were in the game, we'd be having a different conversation.

This game should be fun. But it won't be. I think Panthers win a close one 9-3

Cowboys without Zeke are still a better team then many teams in this league. Including The G-men.

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – Vikings
Meh

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 – *UPSET* Chargers

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby xgamr » Sep 07, '17, 4:45 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, GB by 3 – UPSET Seahawks

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – UPSET Redskins

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – Titans

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins, TB by 2.5 – Postponed.

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – Rams

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers, CAR by 5.5 – Panthers,

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 3.5 – UPSET Giants

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – UPSET Saints

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 Broncos

Last edited by xgamr on Sep 10, '17, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby EmperorWu » Sep 07, '17, 6:27 am

Seahawks
Patriots
Bills
Falcons
Texans
Washington
Cardinals
Raiders
Buccaneers
Bengals
Steelers
Rams
Panthers
Cowboys
Saints
Chargers

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby JDD » Sep 07, '17, 7:30 am

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, HOU by 5.5 – UPSET! Jags

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – Eagles

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – UPSET! – Raiders

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins, TB by 2.5 – Bucs

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – Colts

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – UPSET! Saints

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 – Broncos

Last edited by JDD on Sep 10, '17, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Messiah » Sep 07, '17, 10:22 am

ShaneOfan wrote:Raiders are another team like the Bears and Bills who will be good in two or three years

wat

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Sep 07, '17, 11:08 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, GB by 3 – I usually have a good idea of what to expect from the Packers. A team that varies from solid to great in the regular season that falters in the post-season because they aren't up to task for 60 minutes. This year isn't that much different other. Packers are going to struggle to muster much of a running game with their stable of RBs and against a defensive line that fields the kind of talent that the Seahawks will run out to the field, including the newly acquired Sheldon Richardson, this could be one of those days where you ask yourself, "is the Packers offense finished?" Seahawks offense is never great, but they are efficient and I expect them to be closer to their 2013-2014 level than where they were last year. UPSET! - Seahawks 23, Packers 17

THURSDAY NIGHT OPENER – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, NE by 8.5 – I'm tempted to go with the Chiefs here. You have two of the best head coaches in the NFL when they have this long of a preparation time. Unlike most people, I don't think Brady is a God. QB collapses happen abruptly and Brady is 40 years old. With that said, do I think it will happen in the first game on a good day in September? Probably not, but he could be in a lot of trouble if he has lost any strength on his throwing arm against a secondary that is among the best in forcing interceptions. It will be a close one, but smart money is on the Patriots at home. Don't be shocked if the Chiefs win this though. Patriots 24, Chiefs 14

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills, BUF by 8 – Both these teams suck. Bills are just a 2017 suck though. Jets might be an all-time suck. Bills 28, Jets 9

Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears, ATL by 7 – Anybody expecting the Falcons offense to play at the level they did last year is fooling themselves. They are bound to regress. That doesn't mean I think they will be a worse team though. A lot of people seem to forget they weren't that good in the regular season. An 11-5 season is nothing to sneeze at, but there have certainly been at least 10 better regular season teams over the last 5 years. The loss of Kyle Shanny hurts, but this team is ridiculously young and ridiculously talented. In year three of Quinn's system, I expect their young talent on defense to shine. This should be a relatively easy win against a Bears team lacking in elite talent. Falcons 30, Bears 16

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, HOU by 5.5 – Texans are an interesting team. I like them a lot and Crennel isn't going to field a bad defense. He just isn't. Savage looked good in the preseason and if they can get decent quarterback play, this is a team to watch out for (still won't be my pick to win the AFC South). On the other hand, I think the Jaguars are in the same boat but people don't realize it. Maybe it is because they have more talent that hasn't quite reached their potential, but their defense is loaded with playmakers and guys stuffed with potential. Offensive line is a concern, but they have good receivers and a talented stable of RBs. Unfortunately, Bortles is bad. He's a turnover machine. If he was halfway decent, this might be a team to watch out for. Alas... Texans 22, Jaguars 21

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – Ahhhh I don't know. I'm glad the point spread reflects how I feel about this game because I have no clue who wins. I guess I'll go with the Eagles? Redskins lost two of their best wide receivers and while I believe in Cousins, I like the Eagles D a lot. Eagles 17, Redskins 14

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions, ARZ by 1.5 – Cardinals could go either way, but I don't believe in Palmer. Honestly, he is probably one of the most overrated QBs ever. I think the Cardinals offense will once again be carried by David Johnson, which may or may not be enough against a solid Lions team. I don't think the Lions will return to the postseason, but they will be competitive. I'll go with the home team Lions here to gut it out. UPSET! - Lions 20, Cardinals 17

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – Raiders are going to be good, but the Titans are SOOOO underrated. This is a team that was a couple of close losses last year from going 10-6/11-5. This is a team that will field an amazing offensive line (probably 2nd only to the Cowboys, if not on par with, but they don't get nearly the same kind of notoriety), outstanding run game, efficient QB play with better receivers than they had last year. I have concerns about them defensively, primarily in the secondary, and Mularkey can be too conservative at times. But I have the same concerns about the Raiders defense. I like the Titans to pull this one out at home. Titans 34, Raiders 28

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins, TB by 2.5 – Postponed.

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals, CIN by 3 – Who knows. Ravens suffered a shit-ton of injuries in the offseason/preseason and while Flacco might play, I'm not sold that his back is 100%. Bengals 26, Ravens 24

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, PIT by 8.5 – Browns have young talent. Browns have (who I think is) a good head coach. They are at home. They have a rookie QB capable of making plays. Steelers are known for playing down to teams. Steelers are known for losing to bad teams. I'm tempted to pick the Browns for the upset, and it will be a LOT closer than people think and people will act surprised when really it is just how the Steelers have always operated as of late, but the Browns don't have enough for 60 minutes to come out on top. Steelers 28, Browns 27

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – Rams, I guess, but no Aaron Donald (I can't believe more of the media isn't talking about this, but I guess it is because the Rams aren't good) is going to hurt the Rams. Rams 21, Colts 10

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers, CAR by 5.5 – Panthers, like the Steelers, are known for playing down to teams albeit not nearly as severely. I don't think they will lose here though. They are the much better team at every level and they lost a record number of games last year by 3 points or less. They should be luckier this time around. Panthers 34, 49ers 24

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 3.5 – Not sure how much I trust the Cowboys defense. Not sure how much I trust Eli Manning. I'll take the Giants though; they proved last year they match up extremely well on defense against the Cowboys run-first offense. Plus, I'll be honest. I think it is obvious that Dak Prescott wasn't as good as his stats showed last year. It was mainly a first-read and throw offense akin to RG3's his rookie year. It is possible he will have success advancing beyond that read this year, but until I see it, I'm going to expect a step-back from him. UPSET! - Giants 20, Cowboys 17

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – Should be a good game between two average teams that match-up well. But I trust Brees a lot more than I do Bradford. UPSET! - Saints 21, Vikings 16

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 – Chargers should be better than people think this year. Losing Phillips will hurt the Denver D a lot more than people think, granted they still have so much talent they should be great either way but might not be quite as dominant. UPSET! - Chargers 28, Broncos 27

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Messiah » Sep 07, '17, 9:53 pm

Dammit. I should have stuck with my gut.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Sep 08, '17, 9:11 am

WTF happened to the patriots holy shit

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Sep 08, '17, 2:16 pm

Eric Berry out for the year with a ruptured achilles... just a gut punch. Feel awful for the guy.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Sep 09, '17, 5:33 am

Everlong wrote:WTF happened to the patriots holy shit

Brady got old.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby The Legend » Sep 10, '17, 6:17 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, GB by 3 – The Packers are becoming known for starting slow and needing to rebound in November and December. That's not a great tone for a big Week 1 matchup and this one could determine who's home or road in a playoff meeting between the two teams. I think the Seahawks defense will be able to hold down a not yet crisp Packer offense. UPSET!!! Seattle Seahawks 23, GB Packers 20

THURSDAY NIGHT OPENER – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, NE by 8.5 – MISSED. No pick.

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills, BUF by 8 – I feel sorry for Jet fans. I know what this season will feel like. It's sad that the franchise responsible for Paul Brown and his many innovations in their original incarnations has sunken so low that their newest contribution is willful and flagrant tanking, but the 2016 Browns are the model the Jets are following. Buffalo Bills 16, NY Jets 6

Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears, ATL by 7 – The Bears are still in the re-building process, but I like what they've done so far. A few years from now Rodgers and Stafford could be winding down and Chicago could be ready to take the reins of that division. In the mean time, Atlanta is a loaded team and should cruise easily in this one as they get their defense of the NFC Championship started off right. Atlanta Falcons 27, Chicago Bears 13

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, HOU by 5.5 – Jacksonville is going nowhere. The Texans are still hobbled by the QB question, but their defense is enough to carry them through a matchup with the Jags. Houston Texans 17, Jacksonville Jaguars 10

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – This is an interesting game as teams in the NFC East try to figure out their pecking order behind Dallas who have very few questions after finding out Zeke Elliott will be back for likely the whole season. Both of these teams are middling teams that will have a shot at a wild card spot. I have a hard time passing on a home dog in a division game in Week 1. Not sure why Washington isn't getting more love from Vegas. UPSET!!! Washington 24, Philly Eagles 16

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions, ARZ by 1.5 – Again, I love a home dog especially early in the season. Arizona got old fast last year and I don't see a rebound year coming for Carson Palmer. Detroit has some questions, but they should still be in the 8-8, 9-7, maybe 10-6 territory this season and starting with a win here is imperative. UPSET!!! Detroit Lions 24, Arizona Cardinals 20

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – Tennessee is a team on the rise. They should definitely challenge for the division title in the weak AFC South, but they are a few years away from being able to hang with the true AFC Contenders like Oakland, who could find themselves in the Super Bowl quite readily this season. UPSET!!! Oakland Raiders 31, Tennessee Titans 23

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals, CIN by 3 – Not sure what to make of this one. I doubt either of these teams will find themselves playing in January, but the Ravens could not lose another player to injury and still lead the league in injuries at the end of the year. Cincy is at least starting the year healthy. Cincy Bengals 21, Baltimore Ravens 19

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, PIT by 8.5 – Draft Myles Garrett, they said. He's the safer pick, they said. Apparently nobody found out his ankles were as delicate as fine crystal glassware. When Mitch Trubisky is leading the Bears to the playoffs in a few years Cleveland will regret that pick as much as they regretted passing on Roethlisberger and Rodgers. Shittsburgh Squeelers 20, Cleveland Browns 10

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – No Luck, No Chance for Colts. Rams aren't a very good team, but they can beat Scott Tolzein and Co. LA Rams 16, Indy Colts 13

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers, CAR by 5.5 – Ehhh. This is a tough one for me. I don't really buy the Panthers as true contenders any more and the fact that they start the season with a cross country trip won't be easy. However I think they do take it in the end. Carolina Panthers 24, SF Niners 21

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 3.5 – The Giants are a trendy pick right now, but a month into the season people picking them will be kicking themselves when they remember line play is still important in the NFL. Dallas should maul them in the trenches in this one. Dallas Cowboys, 31, NY Giants 16

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – This one is a true coin flip game. Minnesota Vikings 27, NO Saints 23

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 – Not sure what exactly to make of either of these teams, but I'll go with the home team early in the season. Denver Broncos 24, LA Chargers 23

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 10, '17, 7:34 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, GB by 3 – GREEN BAY

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills, BUF by 8 – BUFFALO

Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears, ATL by 7 – ATLANTA

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans, HOU by 5.5 – HOUSTON

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington, PHI by 1 – PHILADELPHIA

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions, ARZ by 1.5 – UPSET!! DETROIT

Oakland Raiders at Tennessee Titans, TEN by 2 – UPSET!! OAKLAND

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals, CIN by 3 – CINCINNATI

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, PIT by 8.5 – PITTSBURGH

Indianapolis Colts at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 3.5 – RAMS

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers, CAR by 5.5 – CAROLINA

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 3.5 – DALLAS

New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings, MIN by 3.5 – MINNESOTA

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos, DEN by 3.5 - DENVER

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby ShaneOfan » Sep 10, '17, 3:25 pm

Messiah wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:Raiders are another team like the Bears and Bills who will be good in two or three years

wat

They are a good team now, but in two or three years they like the Bills and the Bears will be solid playoff teams. But I am not sure they are there yet.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby xgamr » Sep 10, '17, 5:42 pm

I did so bad. oh well do more research and start doing better week 2

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Sep 11, '17, 7:46 am

Messiah wrote:I usually have a good idea of what to expect from the Packers. A team that varies from solid to great in the regular season that falters in the post-season because they aren't up to task for 60 minutes.

Packers played some big boy football yesterday @Messiah u can't deny

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Sep 11, '17, 11:21 am

ShaneOfan wrote:
Messiah wrote:

wat

They are a good team now, but in two or three years they like the Bills and the Bears will be solid playoff teams. But I am not sure they are there yet.

The Raiders were a playoff team last year.

Bears and Bills are bottom dwellers who both picked top 10 in the draft. Raiders have a top 10 QB. I don't see how the Raiders are like them at all.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Sep 12, '17, 1:27 pm

RESULTS:

Str8Shooter: 14-2, hit two upsets
Everlong: 13-4, hit two upsets
JDD: 13-4, hit two upsets
The Legend: 12-4, hit two upsets
DBSoT: 11-5, hit one upset
BSM: 11-5, hit one upset
ShaneOfan: 9-7, hit one upset
EmperorWu: 8-8, hit one upset
Messiah: 8-8, hit one upset
Xgamr: 6-9

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Return to NFL