It is currently: Apr 20, '24, 3:24 am

Squared Circle Community NFL Mock Draft *The Draft*

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Re: Squared Circle Community NFL Mock Draft *The Draft*

Postby The Legend » Mar 20, '17, 2:55 pm

@Everlong You and the LA Chargers are on the clock

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Mar 21, '17, 1:01 pm

With the 7th pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Chargers select...

Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State University

The vast majority of draft experts have Hooker going to LA (still weird to say LA Chargers...), and for good reason; San Diego needs some significant help in the Secondary, particularly at the safety spot, where there's been a void since the team lost Eric Weddle a couple years ago. Hooker is a straight up playmaker who can start day one, which is exactly what the Chargers need on that defense.

@ShaneOfan is on the clock tomorrow for Carolina!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 22, '17, 3:58 pm

With the 8th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft The Carolina Panthers select Alabama's Jonathan Allen.

An amazing DE with a lot of upside. At 6'3 283 this athletic young man can play inside or outside. He has the speed and awareness to work the outside and the strength to close holes in the middle. Carolina's line isn't getting any younger, and Allen is one of the best defensive players in the draft. He can break a line like few others and knows how to score on defense, having both fumble recoveries and interception TD returns. He may be the perfect fit that Carolina needs to succeed.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Birthday

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 24, '17, 6:52 pm

With the 10th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select OJ Howard. TE Alabama.
Alabama has a huge class coming into this draft and I think O.J. will be the first off of it. He adds immediate strength to any team he joins. The 6'6 Howard is a great receiver and blocker enter a league where duel threat tight ends are disappearing . He adds immediate help to both a weak O-line and a weaker receiving corps. Many expect the Bills to go CB here or take their pick of who is left of Wide Outs Williams, Davis, or Ross. But with what is expected to be a run heavy offense, I’d rather see a guy who can block as well. A two TE set (with Charles Clay on the other side) is a formation I expect to see a lot of and I hope it’s with Howard on the other side!

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Birthday

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 24, '17, 8:35 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen there has been a trade!

The New Orleans Saints receive (Christian Hackenberg, Jets 2017 2nd round *39th overall* Jets 2017 3rd round *70th overall* and Jets 2017 1st round pick)
The New York Jets receive (Saints 2017 1sr round *11th overall* pick)

And with the 11th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, The New York Jets pick…
(Hey we made no rule against trades and both users agreed to this :angel8 )
The Saints need a lot of help and are basically rebuilding they get two picks for 2017 out of this giving them 4 in the next two rounds and one for the next year. The Jets can then go on and pick a player that they seem very interested in by all reports and snatch him out from under the Browns.

Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina.

This fills a huge need for the Jets. And while this is a long shot, I think it is a true possibility. Trubisky may need some polishing, and may not be a week one start, but the dude is an absolute stud. In this scenario, the Jets bring in one of the many veteran QBs floating around to help this kid hone his skills. (Think Cutler, Keenum or Daniel here) If Trubisky doesn’t start week one, he should have a chance by the end of the year. Sure the Jets are mortgaging their future here, giving up their next two picks and their first of next year, but it may just be worth the risk. Trubisky is the most NFL ready QB and truly has potential to be a star.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Birthday

Postby The Legend » Mar 26, '17, 7:11 am

Really not a fan of including trades into mock drafts because it's near impossible to determine what stakes of a trade will be, regardless of trying to figure out which teams execute a trade. I guess nothing was said about not doing, but I'd really prefer if we avoided them in the future.

Beyond that, this trade just doesn't make much sense to me. All the QB's have limitations and are expected to need to be brought along slowly, because of that, I'm not sure why the Jets would use three draft picks to pick a QB like that when they could just have drafted Trubisky with the sixth pick, that would be a smarter use of draft capital than to do a massive trade up.

Anyhow, we move on.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 26, '17, 5:43 pm

The Legend wrote:Really not a fan of including trades into mock drafts because it's near impossible to determine what stakes of a trade will be, regardless of trying to figure out which teams execute a trade. I guess nothing was said about not doing, but I'd really prefer if we avoided them in the future.

Beyond that, this trade just doesn't make much sense to me. All the QB's have limitations and are expected to need to be brought along slowly, because of that, I'm not sure why the Jets would use three draft picks to pick a QB like that when they could just have drafted Trubisky with the sixth pick, that would be a smarter use of draft capital than to do a massive trade up.

Anyhow, we move on.

What's the harm in doing trades in a non official mock draft where everything is pure speculation at best, and after the first two picks the likely hood of anything being right plummets? And all picks have a value. This value is actually pretty damn close to "fair". I think there is a great possibility a team trades up in this draft, and I think taking Trubisky is a risk teams may consider.

As for why I would argue that the Jets wake Lattimore at six, he is the best CB in the draft and one of the best defenders in the draft. He is a steal at 6 and would be gone quickly after. If Trubisky was still available, at 11 I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility a team like the Jets who NEED a QB mortgage their future. They are realistically trading their 2nd and third rounds to get two firsts. That isn't a bad deal. The 2018 first round pick is a year away from being relevant. It is technically as likely to be the 1st pick as the 32nd. And for all we know, by then, the Jets will have a replacement first.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Birthday

Postby The Legend » Mar 27, '17, 3:50 pm

@CMPUNKFAN

You are up next. We've managed to work ahead by a bit so no pressure, just get the pick in the next few days.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Mar 31, '17, 4:57 am

CMPUNKFAN submitted his pick to me and I've now posted it. @DBSOT You are up!

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Mar 31, '17, 8:03 am

With the 15th pick in the 2017 Squared Circle Community Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select...

Garett Bolles, Offensive Tackle, Utah

Even though there are still plenty of question marks on defense protecting Andrew Luck simply must be Indy’s top priority. “Protect Luck” should be the organization’s mantra that they repeat over and over at the start of every day. A fantastic athlete with a large frame and nimble feet to protect the blindside, Bolles is also an aggressive blocker who plays the game with an edge.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Mar 31, '17, 11:58 am

I'll have the Ravens pick Monday

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Apr 04, '17, 12:23 pm

@CMPUNKFAN

You are up with Washington's pick today.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Apr 05, '17, 4:37 pm

@DBSOT and the Titans are on the clock.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Apr 05, '17, 6:35 pm

With the 18th pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans select...

John Ross, WR, University of Washington
Tennessee got help in their secondary with their first pick, so getting a WR is their next biggest need. Ross is an absolute speed demon. Even after injuries to both of his knees, he still broke the 40 record at the combine. Not only does Ross stretch the field vertically but he can also evade tacklers and create in the open field after the catch. The big issue is his injury history and that can be a major factor for some teams.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » Apr 05, '17, 6:59 pm

@ShaneOFan, you are on the clock

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 06, '17, 7:12 pm

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Michigan Safety Jabrill Peppers

Plain and simple, I think Tampa's biggest need is their secondary. Especially at Safety and this guy is an amazing athlete that can fill the immediate need. He is a great talent and may be the best left on the board. He will excel in the NFL.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Birthday

Postby DBSoT » Apr 06, '17, 8:00 pm

As someone who lives in Michigan and watched every UofM and MSU game for the last 3 years, I can tell you that this draft has McDowell and Peppers getting drafted way to high. McDowell is a head case with inconsistent production. Peppers is talented, but he is player without a position. Honestly, his best position is RB. He will most likely be a safety in the NFL, but that is going to be a learning curve. He is a project with a very high upside.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » Apr 07, '17, 4:37 am

DBSoT wrote:As someone who lives in Michigan and watched every UofM and MSU game for the last 3 years, I can tell you that this draft has McDowell and Peppers getting drafted way to high. McDowell is a head case with inconsistent production. Peppers is talented, but he is player without a position. Honestly, his best position is RB. He will most likely be a safety in the NFL, but that is going to be a learning curve. He is a project with a very high upside.

I'm pretty sure I agree with you on McDowell, but I think Peppers is in about the right spot here. Somebody is going to look at the physical gifts of Peppers and say they can do something special with him and that guy you take in the first round, it only takes one team. I'm not saying whether that will turn out to be a good pick or not, plenty of picks in the NFL turn bad, but someone will make that move. The problem with McDowell is the draft is so talented with defensive linemen that there's other options that don't have as many questions as him still on the board by the middle of the first round.

@Everlong You are on the clock.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Apr 09, '17, 7:13 am

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php

Check this out, it's pretty cool. Get to pick a team and do a full draft.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Apr 10, '17, 9:33 am

Just a head up. I will be drafting either Taco Charlton or Derek Barnett for the Lions pick. If @Everlong selects one of them, I will take the other.

I will be away from my computer the rest of the day. @The Legend please post in my absence.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

PreviousNext

Return to NFL