It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:12 am

The ultimate playoff sleepers: Tennessee Titans

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

The ultimate playoff sleepers: Tennessee Titans

Postby Messiah » Dec 11, '16, 3:32 pm

I'm telling you guys. If you want to look smart around your friends or if you are a gambler, there is good money to potentially be made with the Titans.

A quarterback who, when he is hot, can be a huge problem for any defense. An outstanding run game. Arguably the best offensive line in the NFL (Cowboys get all the attention, but the Titans OL is just as good). A very good defense.

This is a good team that just punched a really good Broncos team in the mouth. They are still young and so mistakes are made from time to time, but if they are rolling, they could pose a big threat to any team in the postseason. I'm always a fan of teams with great running games, offensive lines, and defenses.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: The ultimate playoff sleepers: Tennessee Titans

Postby The Legend » Dec 11, '16, 6:12 pm

The Titans are really good, I've been high on them for a bit and have thought for a while they were easily the best team in their division. Unfortunately for them I don't think the playoff matchup is going to be all that kind to them. The first wild card team is likely to be the second or third best team in the AFC playoffs which will put the Titans in a tight spot with a team that can score and play decent defense.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Dec 11, '16, 6:50 pm

I would agree with your assessment for the most part, @Messiah.
However, I would question the Broncos being a "very good" team. They are a trainwreck on offense. Tennessee has certainly has showed great promise and they have some very good wins. They should win the AFC South and have a good shot at a win with their home playoff game.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Dec 12, '16, 11:09 am

Tennessee doesn't have the inside track to their division; they don't control their own destiny at this point, and them winning out is anything but a given.

They do definitely have the potential to pull off an upset in the playoffs if they get there, but I wouldn't pick them over the Raiders or Chiefs if playing at home, and even against the Broncos again they'd still be facing an uphill battle.

I think they're a year out before they get to the playoffs and pose a serious threat.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to NFL