It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 8:54 pm

Week 10 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 10 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Nov 08, '16, 3:11 pm

Here we go… week 10 already. Most teams have played half their games, but very few are separating themselves from the pack. Now it’s an all-out sprint to the end of the season.

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), NE by 7[/b] – A rematch of the Super Bowl from a couple years ago at Foxboro is this week’s Sunday Night matchup. The Seahawks certainly aren’t playing Super Bowl caliber football, but still pose an interesting matchup with the Patriots, and are far and away the biggest challenge the Patriots have had to face yet this year. That being said, I just can’t see anyone taking down the Patriots with the way Brady is playing right now. Patriots 27, Seahawks 17

THURSDAY NIGHT – Cleveland Browns (0-9) at Baltimore Ravens (4-4), BAL by 10 – Browns. Ravens 23, Browns 9

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – Jaguars. Texans 24, Jaguars 17

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), CAR by 3 – This one could be interesting. The Panthers are basically in desperation mode right now, and I have not yet heard whether Alex Smith will be playing or not. Still, the Chiefs are playing some inspired football right now and basically nobody is talking about them. They’re going to take it to Carolina, and this is going to go down to the wire. UPSET! – Chiefs 27, Panthers 24

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), NO by 1.5 – Man, pretty brutal for the defending champs to not be favored against the lowly Saints, but that’s just how bad they’ve looked the last few weeks. Honestly, with the Saints playing at home, I really do see them picking up the win, too. The Broncos just can’t play offense. Saints 30, Broncos 17

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), NYJ by 2 – This one promises to be a shitshow. I’ll take the home team, because the Rams only beat divisional foes. Jets 20, Rams 13

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), PHI by 1- After a promising start to the season, the Eagles are suddenly beginning to fall apart. They’re going to need this win here if they’re going to be able to hope to keep pace in the NFL playoff hunt. But with how the Falcons’ offense is looking, I don’t think they can pull it off. UPSET! – Falcons 30, Eagles 19

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), WAS by 2.5 – The Vikings are an absolute mess right now, and they’re playing against a hungry team on the road. Spells another week of disaster for them. Redskins 24, Vikings 17

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), GB by 2.5 – The Packers are bad, but just average enough that they’re going to win a game before letting everyone’s hopes down again. Packers 30, Titans 20

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), CHI by 1 – No clue what to make of this one, honestly. But with Cutler back under center, I’ll go with the Bears. Why not. Bears 20, Bucs 17

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), SD by 3.5 – Look for the Chargers to get back to .500 with a win here. What a race there is shaping up in the AFC West. Chargers 24, Dolphins 16

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), ARZ by 13.5 – As disappointing as the Cardinals have been this year, they’re nowhere near as awful as the 49ers. This team is BAAAAAAAAD. Cardinals 31, 49ers 13

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), PIT by 2.5 – There hasn’t been an official announcement yet about the Cowboys’ starter for this weekend yet as far as I know, but I don’t know that it honestly that makes that much of a difference any more. The Steelers brought Roethlisberger back probably a week too early, and the result was some really ugly football. They may be playing at home, but they’re banged up and going against a team playing some real smashmouth football. This will be a fun one to watch, but I’ve got Dallas in the mild upset. UPSET! – Cowboys 27, Steelers 20

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – This could be an intriguing matchup, for sure. And what a strange season it’s been so far for the Giants, who started the season looking fantastic, lost a few in a row, then won a few in a row. Who are the real Giants? And for that matter, who are the real Bengals, who have so much talent yet keep under-delivering? I’ll tell you one thing you can bank on… never pick the Bengals in primetime. Giants 28, Bengals 20

BYES: Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 10 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby DBSoT » Nov 08, '16, 4:06 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), New England. Good game on paper, but I made a promise not to pick against the Patriots the rest of the season.

THURSDAY NIGHT – Cleveland Browns (0-9) at Baltimore Ravens (4-4), Baltimore. This could be competati......division games can be clos.......AFC North is always a crap shoo.......Nope can't bring myself to do it. Browns lose

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – Jacksonville. Odd feeling that the Jags pull this one out. No idea why. Houston has the pass defense to completely shut down the Jags, but I am going against logic.

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), Kansas City. I picked the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl and they are starting to really hit their stride.

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), Denver. Denver is a mess on offense....NOLA is a mess on defense...Defense wins championship....I am a robot. Sorry I am trying out my new dry comedy. This doing anything for you?

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), Los Angeles. The Jeff Fisher .500 strategy has worked well with me so far, so why rock the board.

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), Atlanta. This is not the team you want to see if your a struggling Eagles team. Atlanta has the best offense in football and Eagles are showing cracks in their once very good defense.

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), Washington. The Redskins are hungry and desperate. They are playing a Minnesota offense that couldn't score in a Bangkok whore house. Josh Norman shutting down Diggs isn't going to help either.

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), Green Bay. I want to say that this is an easy pick, but the Packers looked bad against Indy, so who knows. It helps that the Packers have a very good run defense because Tennesse is a team that realizes on its backs.

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), Chicago. Each team has looked pretty bad this season, but they also have some top level wins (Atl, Minn). So this could be a toilet game or oddly interesting.

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), San Diego. I just don't trust Miami and San Diego intrigues me as an outside shot playoff team.

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), Arizona. 49ers suck with their rush defense. Oh! David Johnson is playing them next. Good luck with that.

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), Pittsburgh. This should be a really good game. Logic would dictate that Dallas wins this one in close fashion, but I like Pittsburgh in this one.

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), New York. Dalton....Bengals....Primetime....U...G...L...Y...you ain't got no alibi, this will be ugly.

BYES: Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby HFX » Nov 08, '16, 4:13 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), NE by 7[/b] – Patriots 27, Seahawks 23

THURSDAY NIGHT – Cleveland Browns (0-9) at Baltimore Ravens (4-4), BAL by 10 – Ravens 34, Browns 16

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – Houston 28, Jaguars 24

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), CAR by 3 – Panthers 26, Chiefs 20

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), NO by 1.5 – Saints 32, Broncos 23

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), NYJ by 2 – Jets 17, Rams 13

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), PHI by 1- UPSET!!! Falcons 30, Eagles 21

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), WAS by 2.5 – Redskins 24, Vikings 17

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), GB by 2.5 – UPSET!!! Titans 33, Packers 27

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), CHI by 1 – Bears 23, Buccaneers 20

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), SD by 3.5 – Chargers 34, Dolphins 24

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), ARZ by 13.5 – Cardinals 28, 49ers 13

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), PIT by 2.5 – Steelers 25, Cowboys 23

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – UPSET!!! Bengals 24, Giants 18

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby The Legend » Nov 08, '16, 5:30 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), NE by 7[/b] – If this is the best game of the week, then it is a really crappy week. The Seahawks aren't even close to the Patriots' league any more. NE Patriots 24, Seattle Seahawks 20

THURSDAY NIGHT – Cleveland Browns (0-9) at Baltimore Ravens (4-4), BAL by 10 – Last week's game was a total prison game, the Cowboys made the Browns their bitch scoring touchdowns on all five of their drives in the first three quarters doing whatever they wanted. This really is the worst team ever. Thankfully, it will stay closer just because Baltimore sucks on offense. Baltimore Ravens 24, Cleveland Browns 20

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – Let's go with what creates the most chaos in the AFC's worst division. The Jaguars will defend their homefield in a defensive struggle. UPSET!!! Jacksonville Jaguars 21, Houston Texans 20

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), CAR by 3 – A western team heading to the east coast makes this one tough. The Chiefs are the better team, but Carolina is starting to turn it around and play better. I'll take them to get what looks like an upset on paper even if they are favored. Carolina Panthers 24, KC Chiefs 23

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), NO by 1.5 – Weird game, very weird game. Broncos are the better team, but the Saints are capable of catching fire offensively at home and if they do Denver can't keep up with them. I'll go home team again. NO Saints 27, Denver Broncos 23

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), NYJ by 2 – Nobody should be forced to watch this game. NY Jets 21, LA Rams 20

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), PHI by 1- The Falcons are better. I expect their offense will continue to run red hot. UPSET!!! Atlanta Falcons 27, Philly Eagles 24

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), WAS by 2.5 – The Vikings will sort out their issues, including getting a better kicker this week. UPSET!!! Minnesota Vikings 17, Washington Redskins 16

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), GB by 2.5 – I'm going a bit crazy with upsets this week, but these home/road matchups are what makes this week intriguing. I officially think the Packers have gone off the rails for good. UPSET!!! Tennessee Titans 27, GB Packers 23

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), CHI by 1 – I don't know what to do with this one. If Jameis plays Tampa wins, if he doesn't the Bears win. Right now I'll go with he plays. TB Buccaneers 23, Chicago Bears 21

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), SD by 3.5 – Another coastal game, I'm going with the home team in a battle of two subaverage teams. SD Chargers 27, Miami Dolphins 23

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), ARZ by 13.5 – Really? Arizona Cardinals 27, SF Niners 20

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), PIT by 2.5 – The Cowboys are going Beastmode on the NFL right now. UPSET!!! Dallas Cowboys 26, Pittsburgh Steelers 22

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – Yeah this game is not going to be close. NY Giants 24, Cincy Bengals 23

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby xgamr » Nov 10, '16, 7:11 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), NE by 7[/b] – Patriots

THURSDAY NIGHT – Cleveland Browns (0-9) at Baltimore Ravens (4-4), BAL by 10 – Ravens

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – Texans

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), CAR by 3 – UPSET Cheifs

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), NO by 1.5 – Saints

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), NYJ by 2 – Jets

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), PHI by 1- UPSET Falcons

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), WAS by 2.5 – Redskins

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), GB by 2.5 – Packers

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), CHI by 1 – Bears

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), SD by 3.5 – Chargers

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), ARZ by 13.5 – Cardinals

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), PIT by 2.5 –Steelers

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – Giants

Last edited by xgamr on Nov 13, '16, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Nov 10, '16, 9:48 am

The Legend wrote:Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – Yeah this game is not going to be close. NY Giants 24, Cincy Bengals 23

A one point victory isn't close? :P

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 10, '16, 5:15 pm

Patriots
Ravens
Jaguars
Panthers
Saints
Jets
Falcons
Vikings
Packers
Bears
Chargers
Cardinals
Steelers
Giants

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby The Legend » Nov 10, '16, 5:33 pm

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – Yeah this game is not going to be close. NY Giants 24, Cincy Bengals 23

A one point victory isn't close? :P

Depends, do they need a fourth quarter comeback in trash time down a few scores?

World Champion
World Champion

Postby JDD » Nov 10, '16, 5:33 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), NE by 7[/b] – Patriots

THURSDAY NIGHT – Cleveland Browns (0-9) at Baltimore Ravens (4-4), BAL by 10 – Ravens

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – [b]Houston

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), CAR by 3 – Panthers

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), NO by 1.5 – Saints

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), NYJ by 2 – UPSET! Rams

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), PHI by 1- UPSET! Falcons

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), WAS by 2.5 – UPSET! Vikings

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), GB by 2.5 – Packers

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), CHI by 1 – UPSET! Bucs

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), SD by 3.5 – Chargers

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), ARZ by 13.5 – Cardinals

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), PIT by 2.5 – UPSET! Cowboys

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – Giants

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Messiah » Nov 10, '16, 6:19 pm

Ravens > Browns

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 13, '16, 8:24 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), NE by 7[/b] – NEW ENGLAND

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – UPSET!! JACKSONVILLE

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), CAR by 3 – CAROLINA

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), NO by 1.5 – NEW ORLEANS

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), NYJ by 2 – UPSET!! LOS ANGELES

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), PHI by 1- UPSET!! ATLANTA

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), WAS by 2.5 – WASHINGTON

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), GB by 2.5 – GREEN BAY

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), CHI by 1 – UPSET!! TAMPA BAY

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), SD by 3.5 – SAN DIEGO

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), ARZ by 13.5 – ARIZONA

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), PIT by 2.5 – UPSET!! DALLAS

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – NEW YORK GIANTS

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » Nov 13, '16, 11:42 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1) at New England Patriots (7-1), NE by 7[/b] – If the Seahawks were at home, I might be tempted to take them. Patriots pass rush is dire. Unfortunately for the Seahawks, they are on the road and I'm not sure they will be able to keep up. Patriots 26, Seahawks 20

Houston Texans (5-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6), HOU by 1.5 – Surprised the Texans are doing as well as they are. Jaguars are just awful. Texans have really struggled on the road though, so against all logic I'll take the Jags. UPSET! - Jaguars 23, Texans 14

Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) at Carolina Panthers (3-5), CAR by 3 – Gonna be a great game. I like this match-up for Carolina. Chiefs have a lot of injuries and have struggled mightily defending the run. Panthers 24, Chiefs 21

Denver Broncos (6-3) at New Orleans Saints (4-4), NO by 1.5 – Gonna be a great game. I'm liking the Broncos here. UPSET! - Broncos 34, Saints 31

Los Angeles Rams (3-5) at New York Jets (3-6), NYJ by 2 – Case Keenum vs Bryce Petty. LOL. Jets 13, Rams 9

Atlanta Falcons (6-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-4), PHI by 1 - Eagles have so much big boy potential. I'll take them here. Eagles 28, Falcons 27

Minnesota Vikings (5-3) at Washington Redskins (4-3-1), WAS by 2.5 – Vikings offense is miserable. They might not make the playoffs. Redskins 20, Vikings 10

Green Bay Packers (4-4) at Tennessee Titans (4-5), GB by 2.5 – Packers on the road against a mobile QB and a very good defense. Gimme Tennessee. UPSET! - Titans 30, Packers 20

Chicago Bears (2-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5), CHI by 1 – No idea. UPSET! - Buccaneers 34, Bears 31

Miami Dolphins (3-5) at San Diego Chargers (4-5), SD by 3.5 – Gimme those Chargers. Chargers 27, Dolphins 21

San Francisco 49ers (1-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1), ARZ by 13.5 – 49ers aren't that much worse, if any, than the Browns. Cardinals 41, 49ers 17

Dallas Cowboys (7-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4), PIT by 2.5 – Steelers ALWAYS play up or down to their competition under Mike Tomlin. Their record against teams below .500 is really bad IIRC. So last weeks loss (granted Ravens are 5-4, but clearly not that good) doesn't mean much to me. They are at home with a point to prove and Ben should be healthier than last week. Gonna be explosive but I like the Steelers here. Steelers 36, Cowboys 34

Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1) at New York Giants (5-3), NYG by 2.5 – Giants are weird, but I think the Bengals are better. UPSET! - Bengals 26, Giants 17

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 14, '16, 12:10 am

Figures, the one fucking week in the whole season I don't pick the Seahawks... :banghead

Last season I had over 70% accuracy (second overall. and within a percent of winning the whole thing) on Picks, and won the league Superbowl.

This year at I'm at 55% and dropping fast, and will not even make it to the playoffs.

How quickly one falls. :facepalm :crybaby

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Everlong » Nov 15, '16, 1:52 pm

If this is the best game of the week, then it is a really crappy week. The Seahawks aren't even close to the Patriots' league any more.
- @The Legend

Uh oh :P

RESULTS:

Messiah: 9-7, hit two upsets
Everlong: 9-7, hit two upsets
JDD: 9-7, hit two upsets
The Legend: 8-8, hit two upsets
Str8Shooter: 8-7, hit two upsets
DBSoT: 8-7, hit one upset
xgamr: 7-8, hit one upset
HFX: 6-9, hit one upset
EmperorWu: 3-11

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Nov 15, '16, 1:57 pm

What a crappy week.

World Champion
World Champion

Return to NFL