It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 12:13 am

Really? I mean really? (Josh Gordon)

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Really? I mean really? (Josh Gordon)

Postby The Legend » Sep 30, '16, 7:09 am

After being suspended from the Browns for their last 21 games and (31 of their last 36), Josh Gordon was due to return to the team on Monday. Instead he'll be entering inpatient rehab today and likely his career as a receiver will be over in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17671480/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-entering-rehab

I mean seriously, how the hell does this crap keep happening? Details about why he's going into rehab now are murky, but there's a rumor that he was busted with over a pound of pot at Cleveland's airport in the past week.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Really? I mean really? (Josh Gordon)

Postby Messiah » Sep 30, '16, 1:30 pm

The Legend wrote:there's a rumor that he was busted with over a pound of pot at Cleveland's airport in the past week.

Gordon is on probation. If he was caught with a felony amount of marijuana, we would have been heard about it.

I don't see why it matters why he waited until now to go to rehab. Maybe he realized the closer he got to returning, the more he doubted himself to keep himself in control. Good for him on getting help.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Re: Really? I mean really? (Josh Gordon)

Postby The Legend » Oct 01, '16, 9:02 am

Messiah wrote:I don't see why it matters why he waited until now to go to rehab. Maybe he realized the closer he got to returning, the more he doubted himself to keep himself in control. Good for him on getting help.

Does it matter in the big picture? Of course not. And for Gordon's sake I do hope he can figure out how to beat his demons and learn how to live a normal and productive life. But in the micropicture of the NFL and and me being an NFL and Cleveland Browns fan, it is painful on some level to be so close to something I've looked forward to for years now only to have it pulled away for the umpteenth time. It exhausts me and my patience to see the cycle continue.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to NFL