It is currently: May 12, '24, 2:30 pm

Who's getting promoted from the Championship next season?

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Who's getting promoted from the Championship next season?

Postby PorkChop » Jun 02, '16, 7:46 am

Newcastle will probably go straight back up, unfortunately.

I don't think Villa will go straight back up. Certainly not automatically. This could change if Xia actually provides Di Matteo with the funds he's promised (£50 million) which is spent well. I'm hoping for play offs at best currently, though it's quite possible that we could be in store for a lengthy spell in midtable obscurity.

I reckon Norwich will go back up, either automatically or through the play offs. I'd like to see Sheffield Wednesday get the last spot for nostalgia reasons, it could end up being Derby though.

What do you think?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Who's getting promoted from the Chanpionship next season?

Postby Daz » Jun 02, '16, 10:21 am

If Norwich can keep the squad together, I think we can go back up. Need to re-invest in the strike force as the only forwards we have under contract are Lafferty, Jerome and RVW, but if we can sort that out, we should have a fair chance. I'd prefer not to go through the playoffs again though. After a nervy end to the last Championship season and blowing it in the relegation fight this year, I could do with a nice, simple win this year.

I'm actually really interested in seeing what Villa can do. Dropping the dead weight and a little bit of money could completely re-ignite the club. It'd be really interesting if Villa, Norwich and Newcastle all manage to go straight back up.

Derby are overdue a promotion after the past couple of years, coming so close. They never should have lost the playoff final against QPR a few years ago. I imagine they'll be up there again this year.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Re: Who's getting promoted from the Chanpionship next season?

Postby prophet » Jun 07, '16, 3:31 pm

Hopefully not Norwich, sorry Dazzler. Bored of these yo-yo teams; I'd much prefer a new crop of teams reaching the top flight. Brighton probably deserve it given how cruelly they missed out last season.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Who's getting promoted from the Championship next season?

Postby Daz » Jun 07, '16, 5:00 pm

prophet wrote:Hopefully not Norwich, sorry Dazzler. Bored of these yo-yo teams; I'd much prefer a new crop of teams reaching the top flight. Brighton probably deserve it given how cruelly they missed out last season.

We're not a yo-yo team, it's just a blip, a blip I tell you.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to Soccer/Football