It is currently: May 11, '24, 9:56 am

Women's soccer may be more entertaining than men's

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Women's soccer may be more entertaining than men's

Postby Everlong » Jul 06, '15, 7:47 am

Not trying to be inflammatory or anything here, as I do like men's soccer. But there's something to be said about the difference the huge contracts make in the way the men play the sport. Based on what I saw throughout the FWWC, the ladies are significantly grittier, not as likely to flop and not as likely to constantly bitch to refs. It seems like they're really leaving it all on the field every time.

There are a number of reasons for this. The biggest is probably the financial difference -- these women aren't getting paid scores of millions of dollars to play, they don't have a "brand" to protect, they're playing for the true love of the sport and that's it.

There's also the fact that these women, regardless of how unfair, have to do everything they can to smash the stereotype that "girls can't play sports." Every time they'd complain or get knocked out via injury it's more ammo for the stupid haters to be like "lol gurls cant sports"

Regardless, I paid far more attention to this FWWC than any previous one, and I have to say watching it after closely following last year's men's world cup, I think the women were putting on better, more entertaining games.

That being said, I still want to get more invested in MLS, it's just a matter of choosing a team to support.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Women's soccer may be more entertaining than men's

Postby War Daddy » Jul 06, '15, 9:46 am

I 10000% agree.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Return to Soccer/Football