It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 2:02 pm

Football/Futbol/Soccer thread

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Football/Futbol/Soccer thread

Postby Romo » Feb 20, '14, 2:13 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Kyle wrote:Ozil was terrible today.

TBH, the issue of his lazyness seems to have been focused on as of late but it was the same at Madrid. Mourinho always subbed him in games because he tired quickly. I don't think it's wise for his team-mates, namely Flamini and Wilshere, bawling out Ozil in front of the home crowd when it's already an issue for discussion. Fans might get on Ozil's back abit.

He's not lazy..... he is the type of player who can't and shouldn't be made to do the defensive side of the game, he needs to sit behind the striker and be allowed to find space to make things happen, asking him to play left wing against arguably the best right back in the world, track his runs is stupid, he isn't that type of player but lazy he is not.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 225

Postby Romo » Feb 20, '14, 2:13 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Kyle wrote:Ozil was terrible today.

TBH, the issue of his lazyness seems to have been focused on as of late but it was the same at Madrid. Mourinho always subbed him in games because he tired quickly. I don't think it's wise for his team-mates, namely Flamini and Wilshere, bawling out Ozil in front of the home crowd when it's already an issue for discussion. Fans might get on Ozil's back abit.

He's not lazy..... he is the type of player who can't and shouldn't be made to do the defensive side of the game, he needs to sit behind the striker and be allowed to find space to make things happen, asking him to play left wing against arguably the best right back in the world, track his runs is stupid, he isn't that type of player but lazy he is not.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby PorkChop » Feb 20, '14, 3:29 pm

The Swansea vs Napoli game is shit.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Feb 20, '14, 3:58 pm

Yeah, this is stupid, I want goals!

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby PorkChop » Feb 20, '14, 3:59 pm

Viazon wrote:Yeah, this is stupid, I want goals!

Swansea fans on reddit seem quite impressed with how their team are playing. If anything, I'd be disappointed. They should have won this.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 20, '14, 4:10 pm

Amazed Napoli, with their team on paper, haven't won. But seems to have a shite game.

BTW, don't forget your PL picks guys - no-one has predicted yet.

I'm not bothered, I'm at the top ;)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Kyle » Feb 20, '14, 7:46 pm

What a crazy game between Porto and Frankfurt.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Kyle » Feb 20, '14, 7:47 pm

prophet wrote:Just bought tickets to Barcelona vs Athletico Madrid at the Nou Camp in May, gonna get a stadium tour whilst we're out there too, can't fucking wait!

That sounds bloody awesome.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Romo » Feb 21, '14, 7:49 am

Wayne Rooney has united bent over...

I've lost all respect for united as a club, he'll likely become captain next season aswell, he gives zero shits about the club and the only reason he is staying is because no club will give him more than 150k a week

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 21, '14, 3:58 pm

He's got a fucking dick of an agent but a very good one who pulls the strings perfectly.

I'm not chuffed about paying him £300,000 but he's got to deliver to satisfy the wages he's being paid. It's amazing he's getting paid more than Messi but assume that will be resolved once the Barcelona star re-negotiates his contract.

It's easy to get all emotional about money but I'd put the onus on Rooney now - he's got what he wanted now he has to deliver. End of. If he doesn't, consistently, then the fans will let him know about it.

But I fear for RVP's future now. I think Moyes might shift him out as the reported unsettling of RVP since SAF retired and getting used to management has been reported. If it means getting the best out of Mata and playing him behind the striker then I'd be OK for RVP to go because I don't really see the

Mata, Rooney, Januzaj
RVP

working at all.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Feb 21, '14, 5:56 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:He's got a fucking dick of an agent but a very good one who pulls the strings perfectly.

I'm not chuffed about paying him £300,000 but he's got to deliver to satisfy the wages he's being paid. It's amazing he's getting paid more than Messi but assume that will be resolved once the Barcelona star re-negotiates his contract.

It's easy to get all emotional about money but I'd put the onus on Rooney now - he's got what he wanted now he has to deliver. End of. If he doesn't, consistently, then the fans will let him know about it.

But I fear for RVP's future now. I think Moyes might shift him out as the reported unsettling of RVP since SAF retired and getting used to management has been reported. If it means getting the best out of Mata and playing him behind the striker then I'd be OK for RVP to go because I don't really see the

Mata, Rooney, Januzaj
RVP

working at all.

You lot should have sold him.

It's clear he doesn't want to be a United player as he's tried to leave twice, everyone knows he doesn't like Moyes and there's no way on earth he's worth 300k per week. United look like fools imo.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Enygma » Feb 22, '14, 6:10 am

Finally the Legend gets a statue

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 22, '14, 7:33 am

PorkChop wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:He's got a fucking dick of an agent but a very good one who pulls the strings perfectly.

Mata, Rooney, Januzaj
RVP

working at all.

You lot should have sold him.

It's clear he doesn't want to be a United player as he's tried to leave twice, everyone knows he doesn't like Moyes and there's no way on earth he's worth 300k per week. United look like fools imo.

He has but in the end he signed a new deal with a wage increase - signs of an experienced agent who knows how to squeeze money out of a club and press the right buttons. He actually gets on well with Moyes now - some might say abit too much because Moyes has talked him up so much this season that reports say some players are abit miffed at the Wayne love in. His wage is £300,000 but that's not his net pay - probably lower but increased with bonuses. I personally wouldn't have cried had he left but he's here so he better fucking deliver.

Also, that statue of Bergkamp is sweet.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Feb 22, '14, 12:08 pm

Will someone tell Marouane Chamakh that there's no need to put a whole tub of gel in his hair? He looks like a dick. It's like no one has let him in on the gag.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SKS » Feb 22, '14, 12:26 pm

Satisfied with the 3 points, but Dzeko was quite disappointing.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Kyle » Feb 22, '14, 8:20 pm

United really needed that win, they played a good game. Januzaj is so fun to watch.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Viazon » Feb 22, '14, 8:57 pm

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby prophet » Feb 23, '14, 8:56 am

Villa game has been boring although I hope they win and would say it's been an even contest. I still don't rate Agbonlahor - think he's among the worst finishers in the league and Benteke needs to step it up a bit, it's almost like he's trying too hard.

Sky fucked up not putting the Liverpool game on TV, 3-3 as it stands. Not a shock to see Liverpool concede two very cheap goals, one deflection and the other a penalty both coming from the ever liable Skrtel.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 23, '14, 9:09 am

Euro 2016 draw:
A: Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Iceland, Latvia, Turkey, Czech Republic
B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Andorra, Cyprus, Wales, Israel, Belgium
C: Spain, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine
D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland
E: England, San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland
F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary
G: Russia, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Austria, Sweden
H: Italy, Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Norway, Croatia
I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark

Home Nations POV - England should safely get through without any issues. Scotland/ROI will fight out Poland for the play-off spot with Germany getting through. Wales is a decent group but think Bosnia might edge them out. Northern Ireland's group is fairly decent but depends if they can get all their players in and playing to give them a chance.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Feb 23, '14, 9:13 am

Putting it out there now, RVW scores a hat trick against Spurs ... isn't it obvious I haven't slept for quite some time?

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

PreviousNext

Return to Soccer/Football