It is currently: May 12, '24, 12:19 am

Football/Futbol/Soccer thread

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Football/Futbol/Soccer thread

Postby Enygma » Oct 24, '13, 11:14 am

Changing the subject swiftly, Spurs are winning, Vertonghen with the header.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 24, '13, 11:20 am

If anyone fancies playing an online football management game, check out Soccer Manager.com

I don't play FM sadly so this is a real, enjoyable alternative for me. Games are played on Wednesdays and Saturdays (maximum of twice a week), real teams and players. You can play World Championships (with teams from all over the world) or a domestic championship. Good fun!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Enygma » Oct 24, '13, 11:56 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:If anyone fancies playing an online football management game, check out Soccer Manager.com

I don't play FM sadly so this is a real, enjoyable alternative for me. Games are played on Wednesdays and Saturdays (maximum of twice a week), real teams and players. You can play World Championships (with teams from all over the world) or a domestic championship. Good fun!

Yeah, I'm aware of that game, I always wanna start on Season 1 with proper teams.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 24, '13, 4:10 pm

AndJusticeForAll wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:If anyone fancies playing an online football management game, check out Soccer Manager.com

Yeah, I'm aware of that game, I always wanna start on Season 1 with proper teams.

I was lucky enough to do that when I joined a brand new, English Championship. Just finished my second season with Everton: guided them to their first championship that included a 20 game unbeaten run, 14 wins on the bounce within that. You get a proud buzz on these sorts of games.

I might leave this championship to join another one that is more active in terms of discussion.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 26, '13, 6:32 am

I've an accumulator on which I normally don't do but I'm enjoying having more of a stake in the games.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Enygma » Oct 26, '13, 6:52 am

1-0 to the Arse, Arteta pen.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 26, '13, 6:58 am

That penalty calmed me down a little but Palace still don't look like they're rolling over, begging for a couple more so I can rest. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Viazon » Oct 26, '13, 7:46 am

Well, that was harder than I expected it to be.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 26, '13, 10:36 am

Goddammit Norwich.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Daz » Oct 26, '13, 11:45 am

I can't believe Norwich didn't win. 31 bloody shots, played really well, bossed the entire game from start to finish. Can't seem to score.

Bit of controversy at the end. I wouldn't have wanted to win like that, but on the flip side, you're under no obligation to play the ball back in those circumstances. It's a show of sportsmanship. So by and large, the goal should have stood. Like I said though, glad it didn't in a way. The shit storm it would have generated, the reputation it would have given Fer (who was class throughout the game) would have been rough. I wouldn't want that for my team or it's players.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Kyle » Oct 26, '13, 12:17 pm

Well, United certainly made that one dramatic.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby PorkChop » Oct 27, '13, 6:54 am

Was out with my mates last night, one of them's a journalism student nearing the end of his course. He's doing pretty well for himself. I asked how things were going, and he said he'd just been given the phone numbers of about 40 different footballing personalities and ex-footballers from an agent - he said he had the personal phone numbers of Trevor Brooking, Peter Schmeichel, Dion Dublin, Andy Cole, loads of others.

I called bullshit, so he showed me texts on his phone from some of the above, talking about organising interviews. I was stunned.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 27, '13, 3:10 pm

PorkChop wrote:Was out with my mates last night, one of them's a journalism student nearing the end of his course. He's doing pretty well for himself. I asked how things were going, and he said he'd just been given the phone numbers of about 40 different footballing personalities and ex-footballers from an agent - he said he had the personal phone numbers of Trevor Brooking, Peter Schmeichel, Dion Dublin, Andy Cole, loads of others.

I called bullshit, so he showed me texts on his phone from some of the above, talking about organising interviews. I was stunned.

WTF?! You should have got him to call one of them. Of course, might have been late at night but just a hello. If he's that sad, he might have just inputted the names himself into his phone! If that was me, I'd be keeping that info to myself, not broadcasting it.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SKS » Oct 27, '13, 6:24 pm

Fuck this match today, I was too depressed to post about it. Joe Hart went full retard. Stop going full retard. Fuck's sake. Fuck Chelsea. They aren't that much better than us, they got lucky, hell, they got lucky and it won them the Champions League. Fuck off. Wanker. Cunt.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Viazon » Oct 27, '13, 7:05 pm

Don't worry. We will beat them in the week.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 27, '13, 7:55 pm

Joe Hart is one lucky mofo there's no real challenge for his England place. No need for him to come out, Nastasic was doing the right thing and Hart panicked and made himself a fool. Have to say, great to see Torres show some of his old touch, always liked him as a player going back to Atletico and its been sad seeing him go through his troubles. Mourinho's a fantastic motivator of players (just ask Zlatan Ibrahimovic) and he's probably doing something similiar with Torres.

A draw would have been a good result. City defensively miss Kompany big-time. They've got great depth attacking wise but defensive reinforcements are needed. At least if Kompany's out then they've got an experienced defender who can play alongside Nastasic. Demichelis could be that but maybe abit old.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Oct 28, '13, 1:21 pm

Apparently, Arsenal came pretty close to signing Kaka this summer, though he failed his medical due to a dust-induced asthma attack after seeing the trophy room.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby SKS » Oct 28, '13, 2:27 pm

PorkChop wrote:Apparently, Arsenal came pretty close to signing Kaka this summer, though he failed his medical due to a dust-induced asthma attack after seeing the trophy room.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 28, '13, 5:18 pm

PorkChop wrote:Apparently, Arsenal came pretty close to signing Kaka this summer, though he failed his medical due to a dust-induced asthma attack after seeing the trophy room.

LOL. I heard that joke but with a different players name in it, always gives a chuckle.

On that topic, does anyone else think Arsenal will break their trophy wait this season?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Viazon » Oct 28, '13, 6:33 pm

Jokes like that don't make sense. Arsenal have plenty of trophies. They just haven't won any in seven years. They did in the past. And I would assume they display them in their trophy cabinet.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PreviousNext

Return to Soccer/Football