It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 5:34 am

Football/Futbol/Soccer thread

Discussion for soccer/world football, including the English Premier League, La Liga, MLS and more, as well as predictions/contests/games about soccer.

Moderator: PorkChop

Football/Futbol/Soccer thread

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 1:20 pm

I couldnt think of a good punchline to put in thread as SKS does that, but here is a football discussion thread! :tim

Peeps teams:

AndJusticeForAll, Viazon - Arsenal
PorkChop - Aston Villa
Daz - Norwich
AkydefGoldberg, Tom - Manchester Utd
Camstud - Spurs
prophet - Liverpool / Bradford
Chewy, Georgerv - Liverpool
SKS - Man City
SlightlyJames - Rangers

Last edited by Enygma on Oct 12, '13, 9:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Re: Football/Futbol/Soccer thread

Postby PorkChop » Oct 08, '13, 5:27 pm

Aw yeah :tim

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 5:40 pm

I'll get the ball rollin. (Pardon the pun)

What's everyones opinion on Gus Poyet's appointment at Suunderland? Good? Bad? Another Di Canio?

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Oct 08, '13, 5:41 pm

^ I'm not a fan, tbh. They're in trouble, and need experience. I think he could quite probably be another Di Canio.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 9:29 am

Daz! When you see this, I propose a Sig Bet for Arsenal vs Norwich!

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Oct 09, '13, 9:55 am

Be my pleasure sir.

I'm hoping for a repeat of last year. We came of bad results against Liverpool and Chelsea to beat Arsenal following the International Break. Thought we were unlucky not to win at Arsenal away last year, we were definitely unlucky not to get at least a point from Chelsea on Sunday. Definitely think we're good enough to get a result this year.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 11:16 am

And The Club has its first sig bet!! I know its early what with the international break but WHEN (thats right, when :)) Arsenal beat Norwich I want you to use this image:

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Oct 09, '13, 11:52 am

AndJusticeForAll wrote:And The Club has its first sig bet!! I know its early what with the international break but WHEN (thats right, when :)) Arsenal beat Norwich I want you to use this image:

... you son of a bitch.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Oct 09, '13, 12:07 pm

^ :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Enygma » Oct 09, '13, 8:53 pm

I'm suprised SKS hasnt found his way to this thread

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Oct 10, '13, 5:41 am

AndJusticeForAll wrote:I'm suprised SKS hasnt found his way to this thread

Patience, my young padawan. He'll find his way here.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Enygma » Oct 10, '13, 5:46 am

PorkChop wrote:
AndJusticeForAll wrote:I'm suprised SKS hasnt found his way to this thread

Patience, my young padawan. He'll find his way here.

:lol

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Oct 10, '13, 10:10 am

Chuffed to see that everyone from WWE-Club's football thread has made it over here, you lads are the community within the community and I'm happy all the Brits I actually talk too haven't left.

England this weekend then and let's be honest - if we can't beat Montenegro and Poland then we really don't deserve to qualify. Line ups?

Sturridge Rooney
Wilshere
Lampard Gerrard Carrick
Baines Jagielka Cahill Walker
Hart

That'd be my line-up. Not a lot of width but it'd allow us to control the ball in the middle of the park and free-up Wilshere to have a bit of freedom where he can cause bother. Rooney and Sturridge will work tirelessly and I'm confident they'll strike up a partnership. I see no reason why, especially at home, we shouldn't be beating these teams - we're not playing pushovers I know and International football isn't as straightforward as it used to be but I'm quietly confident about our chances.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Oct 10, '13, 10:20 am

prophet wrote:Chuffed to see that everyone from WWE-Club's football thread has made it over here, you lads are the community within the community and I'm happy all the Brits I actually talk too haven't left.

England this weekend then and let's be honest - if we can't beat Montenegro and Poland then we really don't deserve to qualify. Line ups?

Sturridge Rooney
Wilshere
Lampard Gerrard Carrick
Baines Jagielka Cahill Walker
Hart

That'd be my line-up. Not a lot of width but it'd allow us to control the ball in the middle of the park and free-up Wilshere to have a bit of freedom where he can cause bother. Rooney and Sturridge will work tirelessly and I'm confident they'll strike up a partnership. I see no reason why, especially at home, we shouldn't be beating these teams - we're not playing pushovers I know and International football isn't as straightforward as it used to be but I'm quietly confident about our chances.

I'd have the same line up. I reckon we'll win, though with England you never know.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Tom » Oct 10, '13, 3:54 pm

^^

I don't know if I would have Wilshere in the team to be quite honest. I have always felt he is over hyped. I'd much rather give Ross Barkley a chance. He is someone that has been consistently good so far this season and has played a key role in Everton's decent start to the season as well. I think he would relish a chance in the first team, and be a whole lot more motivated to perform than Wilshere would as well!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby PorkChop » Oct 10, '13, 3:56 pm

Tom wrote:^^

I don't know if I would have Wilshere in the team to be quite honest. I have always felt he is over hyped. I'd much rather give Ross Barkley a chance. He is someone that has been consistently good so far this season and has played a key role in Everton's decent start to the season as well. I think he would relish a chance in the first team, and be a whole lot more motivated to perform than Wilshere would as well!

Which Premier League team do you follow?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Enygma » Oct 10, '13, 3:56 pm

Coming from a Gooner, Wilshere isnt on his best form right now, and shouldn't be in the team. On the bench maybe. But knowing Hodgson he will probably pick Jack because he seems to be a fan of his.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Tom » Oct 10, '13, 4:08 pm

PorkChop wrote:

Which Premier League team do you follow?

Man Utd

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Camstud » Oct 10, '13, 4:39 pm

International break, thank god. Hopefully the pain of Spurs' defeat at the weekend can be numbed slightly.

Wilshere is so overrated it makes me sick. ^I agree, Barkley has looked brilliant this season so far.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 10, '13, 4:40 pm

The football community on the old place had grown massively, might be an idea to put users' teams in the original post? Manchester United for me (need to get my old sig up on here).

But yeah, England to win comfortably over their next two games. I hope Roy's team is:

Hart,
Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines
Gerrard, Carrick,
Welbeck, Rooney, Wilshere
Sturridge

Welbeck may be useless in front of goal for United but scores for England and defensively he's sound and can be trusted. Wilshere has been playing on the left for Arsenal so think he might be asked to play on the left or possibly Rooney on the left and Wilshere behind Sturridge.

P.S - Nice feature that if someone else posts whilst you're typing, it gives a nudge to review and then post.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Next

Return to Soccer/Football