It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 4:29 am

Is there anyone here who actually likes Donald Trump?

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Is there anyone here who actually likes Donald Trump?

Postby PorkChop » Jan 26, '16, 3:33 pm

The only things we hear about the election over here in the UK is how much of a twat Trump is, and then how popular he is. It's crazy to me. Obviously some people like him and think he'll make a good president, but I've yet to actually see anyone online praise him.

Is there anyone here who actually likes Trump and agrees with his policies?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Is there anyone here who actually likes Donald Trump?

Postby Everlong » Jan 26, '16, 4:04 pm

I don't like the guy at all, but I can see (at least to a small extent) why he has an appeal to some people. There's a whole lot of backlash against traditional politicians and politically correct culture in the United States right now. Trump is neither a traditional politician nor politically correct. He says what he thinks, and doesn't answer to anyone.

To people who are fed up with our political system, that's definitely an appealing attribute. But what I don't undersatnd is how these people can value that so much that they're willing to overlook many ideas and statements he's put out that would feel particularly at home in Nazi Germany (and that's literally not an exaggeration at all, I wish it were).

I think Trump's success is exposing a really ugly side of America right now. There is a lot of pent up racism, classism and extreme cynicism right now. Trump speaking out about these topics has emboldened people to start letting their voices be heard about these topics as well. Which is a scary thing. If these people are looking to Trump as a leader, and he's giving them the agency to spew their hatred, we're well on the way to more violence and internal strife as a country, and it's only a matter of time before significant race and class riots break out.

What makes it even more awful is that I'm not entirely sure Trump believes the things he's saying. He's spouting this bullshit because he knows it'll get him attention and he knows there's a core group of people that will follow him for it. He was a Democrat and Clinton supporter until like 2006. He's basically appeasing the people he thinks are most likely to give him power, and ignoring any potential effects his campaign of hate could be having on the country.

It's just a really troubling time for America right now honestly. We've never been perfect, but this election is emphasizing our faults more than ever before and exposing some really dark sides of American citizens.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Matteo » Jan 26, '16, 9:53 pm

PorkChop wrote:but I've yet to actually see anyone online praise him.

Oh, boy, you certainly have not been looking hard enough.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby UTK » Jan 27, '16, 5:46 pm

Matteo wrote:
PorkChop wrote:but I've yet to actually see anyone online praise him.

Oh, boy, you certainly have not been looking hard enough.

www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to News and Politics