It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 6:01 am

Who's going to win the primaries?

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump
50%
Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz
No votes
Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump
50%
Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 6

Postby Everlong » Jan 21, '16, 1:15 pm

The US primary elections are just around the corner, and we've come down to what essentially amounts to two major contenders on either side: Bernie and HIllary for the Dems, Trump and Cruz for the Republicans.

It's already felt like the longest campaign of all time, and we still have 9 months to go! woooooo :(

But if you had to guess, who do you think takes it?

As much as I'd like to believe Bernie Sanders will win the nomination, I think the machine behind Hillary is too strong. Trump has got enough crazy supporters to get him the nomination, but his own party hates him to the point where he doesn't stand much chance in the general election no matter who he faces.

So Hillary and Trump is my guess, I suppose.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Who's going to win the primaries?

Postby DBSoT » Jan 21, '16, 3:00 pm

Bernie Sanders is winning the primary and I am not even guessing, that is a sure thing. People have an unrealistic fear that the media is out to get him and that everyone loves Hilary, but that is over blown. He is also fairly vocal in the debates, which puts his name out there more. Similar to Trump, being different from the norm is going to help him in the long run.

I couldn't honestly tell you who is going to win the Republican nomination, but most signs are currently pointing to Trump. I don't like it, but that is the truth. If I am being honest, I really don't like any of the current candidates (Dem or Reb). Same old, same old.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 21, '16, 3:49 pm

I think the buzz over Clinton seems to have died down a tad and IDK the ins and outs of Cruz's political agenda but think him and Trump (sadly) will get the nominations.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Jan 21, '16, 5:08 pm

I think Clinton wins the Democratic nominee and Trump wins the Republican nominee. Best case scenario would be Trump winning the nominee and Cruz deciding to run as an independent candidate with Sanders winning the Dem nominee.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 21, '16, 7:49 pm

I think it's gonna be Trump and Hill.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to News and Politics