It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 2:41 am

Donald Trump: "Ban all Muslims from entering the US"

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Donald Trump: "Ban all Muslims from entering the US"

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 09, '15, 7:14 am

He's got a poll boost, but worrying and saddening is hearing people's cheers at his rallies when he repeated these remarks. Ok they will cheer anything he says but still sad. State of it that he can elicit cheers for scare-mongering and victimisation of a group of people rather than detailed policies.

Even his Republican noninees have been nuanced with their criticism, not as strong as the Democrats.

But he's embarrassed himself with the business deals he's done with Muslims in the Middle East and his plan, would bar Muslims servicemen and women from re-entering!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Donald Trump: "Ban all Muslims from entering the US"

Postby DBSoT » Dec 09, '15, 7:49 am

If you don't like Trump then this is probably the best thing that could possibly happen. Trump has now alienated Muslim voters, Hispanic voters, and Black voters. No matter how you slice it, he will never win a national election by only running on the white conservative vote.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Dec 09, '15, 7:56 am

DBSoT wrote:If you don't like Trump then this is probably the best thing that could possibly happen. Trump has now alienated Muslim voters, Hispanic voters, and Black voters. No matter how you slice it, he will never win a national election by only running on the white conservative vote.

Trump never had any of those people, nor will he carry women voted either. I'm still hoping he wins the nomination though. Makes it all the better for Democrats come election time.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 09, '15, 8:28 am

Aren't any Americans frightened that he might even win and become President? I mean it seems unlikely, but it also seemed unlikely that he would still be in the race, let alone leading after all the horrible stuff he's said. Can you imagine, there might be another civil war or uprising if he won. We'd better start building more houses up here in Canada.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Dec 09, '15, 8:29 am

The Legend wrote:
DBSoT wrote:If you don't like Trump then this is probably the best thing that could possibly happen. Trump has now alienated Muslim voters, Hispanic voters, and Black voters. No matter how you slice it, he will never win a national election by only running on the white conservative vote.

Trump never had any of those people, nor will he carry women voted either. I'm still hoping he wins the nomination though. Makes it all the better for Democrats come election time.
I wouldn't hope for that at all. You are assuming that the Democratic nominee will be an great candidate. The last thing I want is to have the choice between Trump and a Democrat that I don't believe in. I would at least like a choice of competent candidates. Before you use the "all Republicans suck" argument, I do think there are good Republican candidates who could actually challenge the Democratic nominee in a debate. Trump just isn't one of them.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Dec 09, '15, 8:32 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Aren't any Americans frightened that he might even win and become President?

Yes, 100%. At first it seemed like he was a sideshow, but now he has a legit following despite saying crazier things every day. It's not just a fringe group of nutjobs any more... this guy is the runaway contender to win the nomination at this point.

It's really terrifying to me that there are so many people in America who believe in the shit he's spewing. This country is fucked.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Dec 09, '15, 8:57 am

Honest Question: How many of you actually know someone who would vote for Trump? And if you do, how many people do you know that wouldn't?

I work with a lot of different people and work for a national company where I have interacted with people that would be considered Trump's base, but I have only met a small handful of people who would actually vote for him.

I have 100% no fear of Trump winning.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Dec 09, '15, 10:19 am

DBSoT wrote:Honest Question: How many of you actually know someone who would vote for Trump? And if you do, how many people do you know that wouldn't?

I work with a lot of different people and work for a national company where I have interacted with people that would be considered Trump's base, but I have only met a small handful of people who would actually vote for him.

These kind of accounts don't really mean much when you consider the large numbers he's getting in polls that have a relatively low margin of error.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 09, '15, 10:46 am

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate worth voting for and the only candidate in years to not be funded by big bankers and people like the Koch brothers. Bernie's funded by the people. Even if Trump got the GOP nomintation (which he won't) he wouldn't stand a chance against a human rights activist like Sanders. Look at all the other GOP guys. They're jokes. Any republican who votes for any of them is essentially throwing their vote away.

The GOP is fucked. They're on the path to extinction. Next up, corporate funded democrats like Hillary. She's the real candidate to worry about. The media plays her up like it's their job, it's insane. People power will shine through, I have faith. Unless they go all out and rig the votes, I think that we have a decent chance at a great president for the first time since JFK.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Dec 09, '15, 2:14 pm

DBSoT wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I wouldn't hope for that at all. You are assuming that the Democratic nominee will be an great candidate. The last thing I want is to have the choice between Trump and a Democrat that I don't believe in. I would at least like a choice of competent candidates. Before you use the "all Republicans suck" argument, I do think there are good Republican candidates who could actually challenge the Democratic nominee in a debate. Trump just isn't one of them.

Well, all Republicans suck though.

I mean this in all honesty. Trump to me embodies everything the perfect Republican platform stands for these days. Hates minorities, thinks women are stupid and unable to make choices about themself and their bodies, uses fear mongering to harbor foreign policy agendas built on aggression in dick waving contests just to prove how brave we are and most of all blames individuals for systematic and structural failings of our society's current economic system.

Trump says all these things, just like if you get to the nuts and bolts of it all Republicans believe. Most Republicans just have a better filter to put more positive spins on their agendas, but at the end of the day they are all the same agendas - or at least most of the agendas - of all Republican candidates.

I honestly would vote for the worst possible candidate the Democrats could come up with over the best possible candidate the Republicans could come up with simply because there isn't a single issue our country faces that I would take the Republican side of.

No I don't think Trump would win in a general election against any of the possible Democratic candidates. I have no fear of him winning a general election. He just makes a lot of noise because he appeals to a loud minority in this country.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Dec 09, '15, 2:14 pm

VaderBomb wrote: I think that we have a decent chance at a great president for the first time since JFK.

You skipped Bill Clinton.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 09, '15, 9:31 pm

DBSoT wrote:Honest Question: How many of you actually know someone who would vote for Trump? And if you do, how many people do you know that wouldn't?

Almost everyone I work with has jumped on board with trump and will vote for him. This is a group comprised of mexican, white, black, french, old and young. All have pros and cons with him but they all follow him because of his straight forward approach to issues, no bs, no PC talk. He calls it as he sees it and people appreciate that.

I dont know if he is the right man for the job but having a president that Congress hates does sound appealing

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby BrautFan » Dec 09, '15, 9:33 pm

It's either a charming lunatic or a woman with a serious case of man voice. Either one of them mouth farting for the next 8 years will be painful. I'm pumped.

:facepalm

BrautFan None specified
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 11

Postby War Daddy » Dec 09, '15, 10:09 pm

Yo Canada, whatchu got for me?!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 10, '15, 1:08 am

He's trolling at the highest level.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby UTK » Dec 10, '15, 10:15 am

The Legend wrote:
VaderBomb wrote: I think that we have a decent chance at a great president for the first time since JFK.

Did he, though?

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Dec 10, '15, 10:41 am

UTK wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Did he, though?

Yes, he most certainly did.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 10, '15, 12:06 pm

:rotf

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Daz » Dec 10, '15, 2:11 pm

What an absolute prized cunt.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby EmperorWu » Dec 10, '15, 2:25 pm

I think you have to consider where you work in context of the overall country. I live in Washington, a pretty liberal state, and the number of people I know who like Trump is mind boggling. The problem is the reasons people give are fucking stupid reasons to vote for anyone, and at worst they are clearly just bigots. I swear I think their brains don't even fucking work. They have no sense of self awareness, or self reflection. They yell 'Merica but they don't support any of the values we're support to strive to represent. They're so fucking sure they're right and good, but their lack of moral fiber, or basic human decency pisses me off so bad. These people try to argue with me at work, and they are incapable of forming even the slightest logical reasoning for their stance. You know you're fucking wrong, or at least dumb when you gang up on a guy four or five on one and you still cant win the argument.

I'm really against thinking "you're better/smarter than other people", and I'm sure I'm coming off the wrong way. But it just annoys me so bad, that these people can't be fucking honest about their views, and just admit that they're bigots. Or at least have a fucking logical reason for believe what they do. Supporting one of perhaps the most horrible candidates we've ever seen because he "speaks his mind", is simple wrong, and shameful. And since Republicans loooooooooooove to make this comparison against anyone they don't like. You know who else spoke his mind? Hitler. How the fuck did that work out? This country has no place for someone who opposes basic human rights and decency, we're supposed to stand for something. Or did all these so called Patriots forget that?

/Rant Sorry about that, I had to vent. It's been building up for a while now. :P

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Next

Return to News and Politics