It is currently: May 09, '24, 7:44 pm

Donald Trump: "Ban all Muslims from entering the US"

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: Donald Trump: "Ban all Muslims from entering the US"

Postby Viazon » Dec 10, '15, 3:22 pm

Every time I hear something this guy has said, it makes me wonder more and more how the hell he ever managed to get into any position of power.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 10, '15, 7:42 pm

EmperorWu wrote:
DBSoT wrote:Honest Question: How many of you actually know someone who would vote for Trump? And if you do, how many people do you know that wouldn't?

I think you have to consider where you work in context of the overall country. I live in Washington, a pretty liberal state, and the number of people I know who like Trump is mind boggling. The problem is the reasons people give are fucking stupid reasons to vote for anyone, and at worst they are clearly just bigots. I swear I think their brains don't even fucking work. They have no sense of self awareness, or self reflection. They yell 'Merica but they don't support any of the values we're support to strive to represent. They're so fucking sure they're right and good, but their lack of moral fiber, or basic human decency pisses me off so bad. These people try to argue with me at work, and they are incapable of forming even the slightest logical reasoning for their stance. You know you're fucking wrong, or at least dumb when you gang up on a guy four or five on one and you still cant win the argument.

I'm really against thinking "you're better/smarter than other people", and I'm sure I'm coming off the wrong way. But it just annoys me so bad, that these people can't be fucking honest about their views, and just admit that they're bigots. Or at least have a fucking logical reason for believe what they do. Supporting one of perhaps the most horrible candidates we've ever seen because he "speaks his mind", is simple wrong, and shameful. And since Republicans loooooooooooove to make this comparison against anyone they don't like. You know who else spoke his mind? Hitler. How the fuck did that work out? This country has no place for someone who opposes basic human rights and decency, we're supposed to stand for something. Or did all these so called Patriots forget that?

/Rant Sorry about that, I had to vent. It's been building up for a while now. :P

I'm not arguing your stance except one part... Is it not hypocrisy to label a group as biggot and complain of idiocy while also ranting about what America is supposed to stand for? Human rights and all that.

Also,
What is so wrong about people enjoying that he speaks his mind? Agreed that should not be the only reason to vote because speaking your mind compared to what is actually said is a big difference. However, this country has been plagued with nothing but politically correct politicians who are so afraid to offend anyone that they sweep issues under the rug or pussy foot around until they are forgot. Having someone talk who is to the point and addresses things for the way they are is refreshing, should they be president is questionable though.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Everlong » Dec 10, '15, 10:03 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:Also,
What is so wrong about people enjoying that he speaks his mind? Agreed that should not be the only reason to vote because speaking your mind compared to what is actually said is a big difference. However, this country has been plagued with nothing but politically correct politicians who are so afraid to offend anyone that they sweep issues under the rug or pussy foot around until they are forgot. Having someone talk who is to the point and addresses things for the way they are is refreshing, should they be president is questionable though.

I am totally fine with having someone who actually speaks his mind and doesn't give in to political correctness. But that doesn't give someone license to be a racist, evil bigot who has literally proposed plans that align with Nazi ideals.

You can avoid being politically correct without being what Trump has become.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby EmperorWu » Dec 11, '15, 5:14 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:I'm not arguing your stance except one part... Is it not hypocrisy to label a group as biggot and complain of idiocy

I figured someone was going to interpret it that way. I was going to clarify but I was already running late for work so I didn't come back. I'm talking specifically about the people I've had discussions with in person. I wasn't intending to make a broad generalization. Although to be fair I've yet to see anyone I know on Facebook or in person give a real reason for supporting Trump that didn't ultimately revolve around fear, or plain bigotry. I'm sure there are people who genuinely believe his rhetoric, but I have yet to really have that discussion with any Trump supporter I've spoken to.

Westcoastvibes wrote:while also ranting about what America is supposed to stand for? Human rights and all that.

What? I honestly can't even understand were you were trying to go with this. Are you honestly suggesting that calling someone an idiot, or a bigot is akin to violating human right? I'm sure you're not. :( And if you were what kind of monster do you think Trump is for the things he has said? My words are hugs and kisses compared to the vile shit that comes out of his mouth.

Westcoastvibes wrote:What is so wrong about people enjoying that he speaks his mind? Agreed that should not be the only reason to vote because speaking your mind compared to what is actually said is a big difference. However, this country has been plagued with nothing but politically correct politicians who are so afraid to offend anyone that they sweep issues under the rug or pussy foot around until they are forgot. Having someone talk who is to the point and addresses things for the way they are is refreshing, should they be president is questionable though.

Let me try to break this down.

First off there is nothing wrong with "speaking your mind." There is something wrong with people supporting someone who supports a rhetoric of fear and hatred. Now if they really believe those things, then I can understand them supporting him. But to say that you like that he speaks his mind, regardless of what comes out of it. Is once again wrong, and shameful. Let me put an example for you that may or may not correlate. If Trump went on TV and said people should start shooting police officers because they are corrupt, would you still like him for speaking his mind? If a neighbor stood in front of your house with a gun and yelled he was going to murder your family in their sleep. Would you say, "I like that guy, he speaks his mind?". To support someone for speaking his mind, just because you're tired of the status quo without taking into account the words that are coming out of his mouth is simply morally irresponsible. It makes no sense, and I consider it shameful, as in I would be ashamed on self reflection that I thought it was OK if I did it. I'm not trying to insult you brother, that's just me view on it, I don't expect all people to see things the way I do. I'm sorry for suggesting that they're bad people for doing so. Most of these Trump supporters I know are people I care for deeply and generally respect. I just can't agree with that point of view.

Addressing things for "the way they are" is very subjective. That depends entirely on your personal point of view. One person's "addressing things for the way they are" is another person's load of inflammatory bullshit, that has nothing to do with reality and is simply a tactic to get were you want to be. The fact that he is so extreme on so many of his views and is hell fire and brimstone about them, to me suggests that he's simply pushing a specific narrative, that people are eating up. Now whether he actually believes all of it, or if it's simply a means to an end is up for debate. To me it seems like both. But again this whole part is a moot point, it means nothing because we can't agree on what really is "the way things are" However that could perhaps be said about my entire posts so far. This is just the way I see things. It doesn't mean I am right, or wrong.

As for being PC, I could definitely agree with many Democrats being PC, but many Republicans have a long history of saying publicly some pretty outlandish shit, and Democrats too. It's out there. This is another area where I just see it different. I don't consider this a issue of politicians being "PC". I do however agree that they try to sweep things under the rug, or distracting us from the issue with other crap. But again unless we got into specific examples, I can't say whether it's a PC thing or simple politics. They're playing a game, they're trying to stay in power, bending us over, and talking into our ears to convince us we're not being fucked. They're going to say whatever they need to say, whether it's playing to their base, trying to convince us to believe out right bullshit, or what have you. They try to brainwash us into believing we're the good guy no matter the situation, and that the shit they do is really for our benefit. They do sweep shit under the rug. They do pussy foot around. They do wait for us to forget, which we do all to easily, but it has very little to do with being PC in my opinion.

It seems like you're at least partly in the middle of the road, and can kind of see where I'm coming from. And I can't really understand why people believe what I've been discussing if they sat down and thought it out for even a second. So IDK man maybe I'm the one being closed minded, I just know that to me this is how I feel about the situation, and this where I'm coming from on a mental level as well. I'm not trying to be hateful, to me it's just morally wrong what I see some people say and believe regarding this whole Trump ordeal. But it doesn't make me right, it just makes me frustrated. So it is what it is. I'm not trying to be rude to you brother, and I thank you for being civil, even though I might be getting a bit too heated about the situation.

I worked a super long day, and I'm tired, so I hope this post made some damn sense. I saw I made a few mistakes on my other post too but I was in a hurry. I hope that it was clear enough. :P

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 11, '15, 12:21 pm

EmperorWu wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:I'm not arguing your stance except one part... Is it not hypocrisy to label a group as biggot and complain of idiocy

I figured someone was going to interpret it that way. I was going to clarify but I was already running late for work so I didn't come back. I'm talking specifically about the people I've had discussions with in person. I wasn't intending to make a broad generalization. Although to be fair I've yet to see anyone I know on Facebook or in person give a real reason for supporting Trump that didn't ultimately revolve around fear, or plain bigotry. I'm sure there are people who genuinely believe his rhetoric, but I have yet to really have that discussion with any Trump supporter I've spoken to.

Fair Enough,
This was intended under the impression that you were labeling all trump supporters as bigots, not just the ones your have had interaction with.

EmperorWu wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:while also ranting about what America is supposed to stand for? Human rights and all that.

What? I honestly can't even understand were you were trying to go with this. Are you honestly suggesting that calling someone an idiot, or a bigot is akin to violating human right? I'm sure you're not. :( And if you were what kind of monster do you think Trump is for the things he has said? My words are hugs and kisses compared to the vile shit that comes out of his mouth.

I may have not had punctuation correct or maybe it just didn't flow right, this was intended to be a part of the previous, not to be dissected and interpreted separately. I am not suggesting that calling one an idiot is violating anything. the point intended was that its hypocrisy to name call and label people because they side with a person who name calls and labels.

EmperorWu wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:What is so wrong about people enjoying that he speaks his mind? Agreed that should not be the only reason to vote because speaking your mind compared to what is actually said is a big difference. However, this country has been plagued with nothing but politically correct politicians who are so afraid to offend anyone that they sweep issues under the rug or pussy foot around until they are forgot. Having someone talk who is to the point and addresses things for the way they are is refreshing, should they be president is questionable though.

But to say that you like that he speaks his mind, regardless of what comes out of it. Is once again wrong, and shameful. Let me put an example for you that may or may not correlate. If Trump went on TV and said people should start shooting police officers because they are corrupt, would you still like him for speaking his mind? If a neighbor stood in front of your house with a gun and yelled he was going to murder your family in their sleep. Would you say, "I like that guy, he speaks his mind?". To support someone for speaking his mind, just because you're tired of the status quo without taking into account the words that are coming out of his mouth is simply morally irresponsible. It makes no sense, and I consider it shameful, as in I would be ashamed on self reflection that I thought it was OK if I did it. I'm not trying to insult you brother, that's just me view on it, I don't expect all people to see things the way I do. I'm sorry for suggesting that they're bad people for doing so. Most of these Trump supporters I know are people I care for deeply and generally respect. I just can't agree with that point of view.

What is so wrong about people enjoying that he speaks his mind? Agreed that should not be the only reason to vote because speaking your mind compared to what is actually said is a big difference.

I never said speaking ones mind regardless of what was said was a reason to like him. I completely agree with you on this. I do feel that your examples are a bit outlandish but I still agree that what is said matters more than having the balls to say it.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby UTK » Dec 12, '15, 6:39 pm

EmperorWu wrote: Although to be fair I've yet to see anyone I know on Facebook or in person give a real reason for supporting Trump that didn't ultimately revolve around fear, or plain bigotry. I'm sure there are people who genuinely believe his rhetoric, but I have yet to really have that discussion with any Trump supporter I've spoken to.

Here are a couple of comments I read on Reddit that were interesting to me:

So I've spent the last 30 years living outside D.C. And at least since the Bush Sr. administration I've paid pretty close attention to politics, and have become pretty disillusioned with both parties. Basically as I see it every candidate we get from either side has the same flaws, flaws that Trump, despite being a very flawed individual in his own right, doesn't share.
First, every politician is a corporate whore. Campaign finance law basically exists to be super muddled, keep out 3rd parties, and disguise where any politicians money is coming from. We legitimately don't know who our leaders owe favors to, it's usually a lot of people, and it's definitely influencing policy. With Trump we know exactly where his money came from, it's going to be a lot harder for random lobbyist/backer to manipulate Trump. We've even seen this reflected in some policy ideas he's talked about like the changes to the tax code to close loopholes that he knows as well as anyone because he's used them himself for decades.
Second, if you think about the traits good leaders have had, from a historical figure you admire to a great coach or the boss you really liked, typically those people are straightforward and honest with people, speak their mind and stand up for what they believe in, are open minded but firm in their convictions, and tend to shine when making difficult decisions. I think the traits necessary to be a politician are the opposite of all that. To be a successful politician you have to hide your true thoughts and motives when they're at all controversial and instead give people what they want, you have to avoid tough decisions like the plague and stand for what no one is opposed to. Just look at political debates, no one answers any questions, they all talk and talk and say nothing. Trump seems to legitimately say what he thinks. He seems honest, even when what he thinks is pretty weird. He legitimately doesn't care if people aren't going to like what he has to say. He answers those questions in those debates, it's pretty refreshing.
I'd actually go so far as to argue that Trump is open minded. He used to be a Democrat, now he's a Republican, he's still very liberal on a large number of issues. He was on a Comedy Central roast and was a good sport about it. He's clearly capable of laughing at himself, which implies he's aware he may be wrong at times.
I don't think he's racist at all, though he's definitely more worried about terrorism than I feel is warranted. He's definitely an asshole, but I'm not interested in having him as a friend. George W. seemed like a genuinely nice guy and we invaded two countries, Obama seems like a genuinely nice guy and NSA spying and drone strikes are at an all time high. Maybe being a nice guy isn't that important to running a country.
Trump has been the victim of gotcha journalism and misquotation or out of context quotation pretty heavily recently, and I think people don't know what he really stands for. He believes some weird shit, but it's not all as crazy as it's made out. For instance his statements that made the front page recently on the internet were wildly misrepresented. He was asked specifically about ISIS' ability to recruit online and was talking about trying to take steps to limit that. To me it was obvious from what he said that he doesn't know much about the Internet, but to me what he said about "get with Bill Gates" that was so heavily mocked here was pretty clear in context, that he was saying he wants to meet with experts in the field and see what our options are. As much as it's been ripped I thought he was making a point mentioning Gates. Trump knows Bill Gates politically, and how liberal he is, and I think was implying it's a non-partisan issue and showing the angle they'd take, which was what the next line mocking people crying about freedom of speech was about. Trump knows Bill Gates is the last guy on earth who would want to filter the Internet and restrict freedom, that's the point in dropping his name. I'm far more concerned with the similar statements, from a more informed position, that Hillary and Obama have already made concerning freedoms and spying on the Internet.
TL:DR/summary: All that is not to say that Trump isn't a wildly flawed individual, and I can't say I think Trump would necessarily be a great president. I don't think he can win anyway, but I love what he's brought to the election process. He actually says what he believes in the debates, answers questions honestly, takes stands, and calls people out. He's also clean in a weird way when no politician is, because he was one of the ones buying the politicians in the past. I think there's a chance that if it goes far enough Trump's success can change our political climate and make candidates actually answer questions about real issues in the future. It probably won't but then I never thought he'd do this well to begin with.

I fullheartedly support Donald Trump and find him to be the most qualified candidate for the job.
To those who rolled your eyes at the first line and stopped reading to down vote, you are everything wrong with American politics.
Is he an asshole? Yes. Is he not politically correct? Yes. Everything he says is completely controversial and on the surface it seems like he is totally outrageous.
However, he is the savior in such a corrupt and dishonest system.
Here is a list of things I like about him. Many of them significant and others small.
Our leadership is terrible. We have individuals across the world torturing innocent people and planning to kill thousands of American's as we speak and nothing is being done about it. He will literally ruin ISIS. He doesn't want to close Guantanamo because he isn't an idiot. Constitutional rights don't apply to terrorists.
He cannot be bought by any private lobbyist group.
He speaks his mind (i.e. no teleprompter and he does not have speeches written for him)
He never EVER apologizes. Idk I personally just kind of like that.
Everyone freaks out because they think he's a racist. "Oh what he wants to deport 11 million people! What a racist!" "Oh he wants to stop illegal immigration to reduce crime. Racist!" "He wants to temporarily stop people of the islamic faith from coming into America for national security reasons so Congress can figure out issues regarding ISIS. Racist" Please. He's not actually dumb enough to think he could deport 11 million illegal immigrants, given, they are legally not allowed to be in this country. He uses this classic method of negotiating called 'anchoring' as he talks about in his book the Art of the Deal. You want to sell a car for $25000? Ask for $28000 then negotiate down. By asking so much from Congress as to not allow Muslims in and deport 11 million people he will get a better reaction from democrats than by simply asking for a little better regulation of some sort for illegal immigrants and/or Muslims. No one has the right to come into America. We should build a massive wall and allow people to come in legally.
Regarding his statements about Muslims not being allowed to come into America. Yes obviously there's no way of knowing who is Muslim and who isn't. So the next step is prevent certain regions from coming into the U.S. And Congress LITERALLY JUST DID THAT TUESDAY. If you are from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon I think..? and one or two other countries in the middle east or have been there in the past 5 years you cannot come into the United States without adhering to our "strict" Visa policy (which is a joke, which is why Trump wants to stop it completely). The article is on CNN. The house passed it 407-19. And American intelligence expects that ISIS has the ability to make fake passports to get where they want. So that is really good!/s Also Rand Paul wants to temporarily halt immigration from those countries (a.k.a. Muslims) to get national security concerns worked out as well as Trump. But the media doesn't talk about that cuz fuck Trump amirite? fukin racist lol.
I don't think people comprehend the fact that 21% of all Muslims in Syria support ISIS? Do people not understand that threat? If I remember correctly from a few recent polls, an average of like 8% of all Muslims in middle eastern countries are chill with ISIS and what they are doing. So I mean while we have millions of people rooting for innocent American's deaths and tens of thousands of them plotting to kill innocent people across the world we are sitting here freaking out because Trump wants to TEMPORARILY halt Muslim (a.k.a. certain countries) entry into the U.S. Okay. Dude, Fuck logic!
Almost every single source of media that bashes him has some sort of clickbait headline that Sander's supporters glance at and don't even look into the situation. At first I hated Trump for what he was saying about Hispanics and for other BS media reasons. Then I actually listened to him talk and actually saw what he was like. Is he perfect? No. No candidate is though. And no matter what side you are on you absolutely 100% cannot deny that Trump is more genuine and less hitler like to at least to some degree than the media portrays him. If you don't agree with that, you obviously have only seen headlines of CNN and Huffington Post articles.
Amazing Businessman. I was appalled in the first GOP debate where they questioned his business ability because he purposefully let his companies go bankrupt so he would save money. IN FUCKING 2009. Anyone that says he isn't a good businessman is ignorant. He has compounded his wealth at 44% since he got his first $1 million from his dad. Way better than some of the best hedge fund managers in the world.
We literally keep losing to everyone (China and other Asian Countries) for Jobs, Production, Trade, and GDP. I am 100% confident that he will make America an economic powerhouse again.
He wants to tax any couple making less than $50,000 per year 0%. Any individual making < $25k per year also 0%.
Simplifying tax code. He wants to make the IRS so much smaller and more simple. It is absurd with what we are dealing with now.
Other candidates suck. I like Bernie's personality but he is a socialist that thinks the rich are the devil and thinks everyone deserves to have an iPhone, 4 kids, and a 3 story house. And a pussy. Hillary is corrupt as fuck. Jeb"!" is a pussy. Ben Carson does not have the capacity as a human being to run a nation of 300 million+ people. Ted Cruz I like just not as much as Trump. Everyone else is irrelevant.
Things I dislike about trump: His environmental stance, Maybe a bit much on being an asshole to people.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to News and Politics