It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 2:46 am

British MPs set to vote on joining bombing campaing against Daesh in Syria

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

British MPs set to vote on joining bombing campaing against Daesh in Syria

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 02, '15, 4:26 pm

Cameron says if you're against the bombing basically, you're a terrorist sympathiser. He was asked 12 times to apologise during today's debate but refused to. Not surprising from the grade-A, war-mongering dickhead.

It seems Labour MPs are given a free vote so it's looking likely we will join air-strikes against Daesh in Syria. I just can't fathom what this will do other than make our streets dangerous to a possible reprisal attack and civilians getting caught up.

Because they've failed miserably in trying oust Assad, then helping rebels against him, not doing enough when Russia was helping Assad stay in power by bombing his enemies, and now Cameron wants to get involved in a dick waving contest by saying "look at me - I'll help you, I want to join in!"

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: British MPs set to vote on joining bombing campaing against Daesh in Syria

Postby PorkChop » Dec 03, '15, 7:16 am

I'm a terrorist sympathiser it seems.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby SortaCreative » Dec 03, '15, 10:13 am

PorkChop wrote:I'm a terrorist sympathiser it seems.

How dare you consider human life important. Scum. I bet you're the leader of ISIS.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 04, '15, 10:16 am

SortaCreative wrote:
PorkChop wrote:I'm a terrorist sympathiser it seems.

How dare you consider human life important. Scum. I bet you're the leader of ISIS.

I bet he is. Hence the inclusion of the word Chop in his username, the Pork thing's a disguise part I reckon..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Dec 04, '15, 12:05 pm

How did this evil cunt get re-elected again?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Dec 04, '15, 12:17 pm

Hanley! wrote:How did this evil cunt get re-elected again?
Take that sentence and apply it to a lot of world leaders. Maybe democracy isn't really working.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Dec 04, '15, 12:52 pm

Because the majority of voters are fucking idiots.

Scratch that, the majority of people are fucking idiots.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 04, '15, 4:27 pm

One of the depressing elements was that Houses of Parliaments was smiles and cheers when they realised they'd won the vote to potentially kill civilians in Syria and make our own country more susceptible for an attack. They probably went into the bar and a had a drink to celebrate, the fools.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby SortaCreative » Dec 05, '15, 11:26 am

Everlong wrote:

Well, technically in this case they got in because the minority of voters were idiots and the Labour party successfully managed to not inspire any confidence in any one and split the vote. So Conservatives got in. It's Labour's fault they got in. Anything short of changing the voting system (which they probably should) won't change a damn thing until we get a strong opposition.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 05, '15, 12:02 pm

SortaCreative wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Well, technically in this case they got in because the minority of voters were idiots and the Labour party successfully managed to not inspire any confidence in any one and split the vote. So Conservatives got in. It's Labour's fault they got in. Anything short of changing the voting system (which they probably should) won't change a damn thing until we get a strong opposition.

Do you envisage that strong opposition will come from Corbyn leading Labour out of interest?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 05, '15, 12:19 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Do you envisage that strong opposition will come from Corbyn leading Labour out of interest?

I haven't been following Corbyn closely since he became the leader, pretty much any time I hear his name it's a punchline that folk seem to find hilarious.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 05, '15, 4:56 pm

I fear for him - he's had a good by election victory this week but it's clear the Blairties/Brownites don't like or there's an uneasy truce with him and they'll waste no time fucking him over to get him out. Media groups like Murdoch/Telegraph/Mail are hell bent to twist everything he says negatively but I do like he's sticking to what he believes in. I mean, tonight, he's been at Finsbury Park Mosque after an attempted arson attempt which provides re-assurance to the community there - doubt Cameron gives a flying fuck.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby SortaCreative » Dec 06, '15, 6:29 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Do you envisage that strong opposition will come from Corbyn leading Labour out of interest?

It's an interesting time for Corbyn isn't it.

Ideologically, i'd say he's the best damn politician in the country. He has a very fair and open way of dealing with things and his "radical" ideas about talking to people, understanding and making the country work for everyone are fresh.

I think he has some work to do with some of the voters. But over all, i don't see him struggling to win the popular vote. His problem comes from the establishment. He's not like everyone else and they don't like that. He's constantly undermined by the Conservatives - which is to be expected - but also by his own party at times. People perceive him as being weak when he's trying to do something different. That may be his downfall.

Because he's so different, I don't think he'll ever have a chance to play by his rules. He'll constantly get knocked for doing this thing and be seen as a weaker leader. I don't think that's fair but this isn't really about what's fair. Corbyn is in some ways a weak leader, or maybe better put, the wrong leader Labour needs right now. He's the one we deserve but I don't think he can combat a cynical right and some cynical "left" AND capture the public. I think it's just too much to do and ultimately they'll fail at the polls for trying.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Return to News and Politics