It is currently: May 18, '24, 10:19 pm

Sandra Bland.

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Sandra Bland.

Postby Twister » Jul 27, '15, 5:03 am

Sandra Bland was arrested over a traffic offence and was later found dead in her cell 3 days later. Interested to hear others thoughts on this.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/25/sandra-bland-suspicion-mistrust-official-inconsistencies

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 56

Re: Sandra Bland.

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 27, '15, 5:09 am

I dont know what to think about this,
The police say she was aggressive and combative so thats why she was arrested, but she did not show signs of beeing suicidal. her family say that she would never be aggressive or combative towards anything and that she would never attempt suicide.

Until further information is available I dont feel like I know enough about the situation to make a judgment on this.

Sad story though

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Twister » Jul 27, '15, 5:17 am

It is very sad. I don't understand why she was kept in for three days over a minor traffic offence. Surely a ticket would have sufficed? It seems like the officer who arrested her had an axe to grind in the first place going by the dash cam video.

And the fact that she allegedly hung herself with a bin bag, why was there a bin bag in her cell in the first place? It's all very strange.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Jul 27, '15, 5:47 am

Escalated the situation by not complying and yelling at the officers. Black white or purple you don't give them a reason.

Westcoastvibes wrote:I dont know what to think about this,
The police say she was aggressive and combative so thats why she was arrested, but she did not show signs of beeing suicidal. her family say that she would never be aggressive or combative towards anything and that she would never attempt suicide.

Until further information is available I dont feel like I know enough about the situation to make a judgment on this.

Sad story though

Every family says that though. My child was perfect, he/she would never hurt a fly. Could very well be true but it's what everybody says.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Twister » Jul 27, '15, 7:23 am

Apparently the full video of her arrest, although it's definitely been edited in parts due to cars disappearing into thin air then driving past a few seconds later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBh3wzXd3vg&feature=youtu.be

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Return to News and Politics