It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:37 pm

Comey's intervention with the shadow of Hoover over him

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Comey's intervention with the shadow of Hoover over him

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 02, '16, 10:22 am

I read a piece in the I Paper today (sorry, can't find a link atm) and it was discussing Comey's recent public intervention in the Presidential race which seems to have - depending on which poll you read - tilted the balance towards Trump when it seemed like it was going to be a safe ride for Hilary to the victory line.

It noted J Edgar Hoover's time at the FBI and how many Presidents didn't want to sack him due to fear and little tidbits about his personal life relating to alleged homosexual relationships etc.

So I've heard of the name and his role in a few situations (he was portrayed in the Public Enemies film which focused on John Dillinger in the 1930s and I think Di Caprio did a biopic of him) but wanted to ask what Americans feel about him and his role at the FBI?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Return to News and Politics