It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 12:19 am

FBI reopen Hillary Clinton email investigation

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Re: FBI reopen Hillary Clinton email investigation

Postby Messiah » Nov 07, '16, 3:39 pm

Above all else, Trump's aggressive temperament may be the biggest issue. I have a hard time seeing Trump keep his cool during negotiations or when serious events come to surface when he can't even calm down during a debate.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Re: FBI reopen Hillary Clinton email investigation

Postby Chewy » Nov 07, '16, 4:00 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Chewy wrote:The racist and misogyny stuff is anecdotal at best, but I care little about a persons personal beliefs in place of what they do. What Trump has done is buld and succeed at business, having been remarkably clear from being called a misogynist or racist during that time, in fact he was courted by the democrats not too long ago. Much like the email non scandal I see it as weak nominees trying desperately to appear the least worst option. The timing is amazingly convenient isn't it?

My main reason for picking Trump as the turd sandwich instead of the giant douche is simply he isn't a career politician. Politicians have an overwhelming number of people from a legal profession. Law is about which argument is better, rather than which one is right. Business is about making decisions that have an outcome, I think we may end up getting some traction in a direction because he may actually make a decision.

I wouldn't say the racist stuff is anecdotal. It's the foundation of his entire campaign. Building a wall between America and Mexico was his first big idea as a candidate. In his first speech he said that most of the Hispanic immigrants in America were rapists and murderers. His anti-immigrant stance is his biggest talking point, as far as I can see. That's what most people seem to be voting for when they vote for Trump. He's popular with white males because he speaks to their issues and nobody else's.

It's the most important reason that people should vote for Clinton. Whatever people may think of her, I don't think there's much chance of her deliberately targeting entire demographics and making their lives miserable if she becomes president. I can't say the same about Trump. His speeches have been filled with hate and fear-mongering since day one. I'd be worried about what social policies he might try to push through.

As for his successful business building, it's arguable how successful he's really been. He inherited a shitload of money from his father and there's plenty of evidence to suggest he doesn't have nearly as much of it left as he's been claiming. Hell, he's been funneling donations to his campaign back into his own pocket, which to me suggests that he's either not as wealthy as he claims or is wealthy due to scamming people, which isn't high praise either.

And don't forget he's had a whole bunch of failed businesses and enterprises. He's had a failed airline, a failed search engine, a failed mortgage company, a failed magazine, and obviously Trump University. Even if he has had his fair share of successes, if he has this bad a track record when he branches out into a new enterprise, I wouldn't want to risk America being his next big failure.

In that way, voting for Trump seems akin to investing in Vince McMahon's new football league, because, hey, he's rich and he really seems to know what he's doing with that whole wrestling thing.

I don't have a problem if the race he is looking after as a primary is America. All countries should have their own interest at heart in my opinion. Although he failed in business, he's still made some big decisions. My major issue with politics everywhere is the reluctance to make a decision, so that's a bit of a draw for me.

As for messiahs point on him making rash decisions or a dick of himself, there's that for sure, not sure Hilary is much better on that front, but it may be a concern when it comes to relations.

When it comes down to it though, he did beat Vince McMahon in a Hair v Hair match, so that has to count.

Where's ShaneoFan? He should be here seeing me defend a Republican.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Previous

Return to News and Politics