It is currently: May 08, '24, 4:42 am

I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: I know way more racist people than I'd have expected

Postby Daz » May 04, '15, 1:27 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Daz wrote:With the election in the UK coming up, I've seen a lot of casual racism being thrown around as people try to justify voting for UKip. People by and large, are idiots, and don't think about the implications of what they're saying, especially on social media. Needless to say though, my friends list has been significantly culled.

LOL please don't tell me you're voting for Ed Miliband. Please. I will fly over there and kick the shit out of you. He's going to turn the U.K into Sweden.

On this whole Baltimore riot thing, Baltimore's got a majority non-white police force, a black mayor, and a black police chief. Makes me sick to see my own people terrorize the city they live in. When you see a bunch of thugs break into a store and run out with a few flatscreen TVs I doubt they have Freddie Gray on their mind.

Oh god no, I'm far from a Milband supporter or a Labour supporter for that matter. They're the diet brand of Conservatives at this point, and Ed Miliband on the surface, looks and sounds completely out of his depth. How he managed to wind up the leader of a major political party is shocking.

Of course we don't need more immigrants, we're an over populated island as is. That being said, I don't agree with the anti-immigration stance that most of the parties have taken up to keep pace with UKip. Largely because of the language and the actual policies they're talking about are flawed, and frankly beyond Xenophobic. There's been a lot of shit like "Keep British for the Brits" etc. with British serving as a synonym for white. It's just nonsense. They talk about people coming over here and refusing to embrace our culture ... largely ignoring the fact that our culture is predicated on us going out and stealing it in the first place.

We also have much larger problems that immigration and it seems to me, most of the parties going into this election are focusing far too heavily on it, and by association the EU referendum. These are really superficial issues that won't matter to 99% of the damn country once all is said and done.

The problem is, there are no good options to vote for, which sounds cliche but is beyond true in this circumstance.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 1:30 pm

Daz wrote:
Circled Square wrote:
Daz wrote:With the election in the UK coming up, I've seen a lot of casual racism being thrown around as people try to justify voting for UKip. People by and large, are idiots, and don't think about the implications of what they're saying, especially on social media. Needless to say though, my friends list has been significantly culled.

LOL please don't tell me you're voting for Ed Miliband. Please. I will fly over there and kick the shit out of you. He's going to turn the U.K into Sweden.

On this whole Baltimore riot thing, Baltimore's got a majority non-white police force, a black mayor, and a black police chief. Makes me sick to see my own people terrorize the city they live in. When you see a bunch of thugs break into a store and run out with a few flatscreen TVs I doubt they have Freddie Gray on their mind.

Oh god no, I'm far from a Milband supporter or a Labour supporter for that matter. They're the diet brand of Conservatives at this point, and Ed Miliband on the surface, looks and sounds completely out of his depth. How he managed to wind up the leader of a major political party is shocking.

Of course we don't need more immigrants, we're an over populated island as is. That being said, I don't agree with the anti-immigration stance that most of the parties have taken up to keep pace with UKip. Largely because of the language and the actual policies they're talking about are flawed, and frankly beyond Xenophobic. There's been a lot of shit like "Keep British for the Brits" etc. with British serving as a synonym for white. It's just nonsense. They talk about people coming over here and refusing to embrace our culture ... largely ignoring the fact that our culture is predicated on us going out and stealing it in the first place.

We also have much larger problems that immigration and it seems to me, most of the parties going into this election are focusing far too heavily on it, and by association the EU referendum. These are really superficial issues that won't matter to 99% of the damn country once all is said and done.

The problem is, there are no good options to vote for, which sounds cliche but is beyond true in this circumstance.

Reasonable. I think some xenophobia is justified IMO but other than that I agree with you.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 1:30 pm

Circled Square wrote: think you've fallen for the anti-black narrative that's been spewed as if it's fact.

Blacks themselves don't get out of their own way. Asian families move here, raise the children they brought over together, and they either move back to say China or get better as every generation moves forward.

Black dads are almost mythical where I grew up. Most of my friends' grew up in single parent households. Often you'd see their mothers riding the cock carousel, which rubs off on their sons/daughters.

It isn't the systematic, government equivalent to KKK that's held us back. This isn't the 60's/70's...

Also, it's funny how Vader mentioned Kendrick Lamar. Record companies are mostly Jewish owned and hold blacks down by putting Thugnificent in the studio and having them brainwash youths with their "nigga nigga shit pussy money weed" music.

Whites on the other hand try to make you white-washed, cleanier. Jews will let you be your hood-ish self.

None of what you said addressed anything I said in my post.

"Black dads are almost mythical where I grew up. Most of my friends' grew up in single parent household" Why do you think that is?

"Often you'd see their mothers riding the cock carousel, which rubs off on their sons/daughters. " Why do you think that is?

Again, you're taking all of these issues at face value. What do you think caused these issues in the first place?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 1:31 pm

Let me guess: It's not our fault, it's somebody elses?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 1:34 pm

Circled Square wrote:Let me guess: It's not our fault, it's somebody elses?

No. You're not even attempting to think critically, which is why you're completely missing the point, which is that these issues are far more complex and have far more causes and responsible parties than you seem to understand.

Humor me for a moment. Why do you think these issues exist?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » May 04, '15, 1:36 pm

Kein wrote:I don't like black people.

Well, this is awkward.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 1:39 pm

Everlong wrote:
Circled Square wrote:Let me guess: It's not our fault, it's somebody elses?

No. You're not even attempting to think critically, which is why you're completely missing the point, which is that these issues are far more complex and have far more causes and responsible parties than you seem to understand.

Humor me for a moment. Why do you think these issues exist?

No. You're not even attempting to think critically,

Translation
No. You're not agreeing with me.

these issues are far more complex and have far more causes and responsible parties than you seem to understand.

I would like to offer the same advice to you. It's not the White man's fault we're so messed up. Humor me actually, try to find a way to tell me this info of so called black suppression without using buzzwords or regurgitating the Liberal media?

It's the year of our Lord 2015. I am NOT a victim of discrimination. It's not Jimmy Smith's fault that Tyrone isn't doing well in life.

To be honest with you, I blame the Democrats. Giving blacks the tiniest slice of the pie possible, but marketing it as the entire pie.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 1:50 pm

Somehow I knew that'd be your response. That you'd hide behind "ur just pissed i dont agree lol."

I don't know why I'm going to bother, but ok, I will humor you. I'll copy a post I made during the height of the Ferguson stuff last year.

There's a whole lot to digest with this story. It's really difficult for me to form a coherent, concrete opinion. I can understand why the grand jury decided not to indict. I can understand why people are upset that they didn't. But there are way more shades of gray in this situation than people seem to be willing to admit, especially the people who don't believe that an indictment was necessary.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, the most recent year for which we have data. Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fjs10st.pdf

Granted, this is for cases at large, not just police officers. I understand why there's additional consideration for cases involving police officers, but there is a ridiculously low rate of even INDICTMENT for cases in which officers kill a civilian. Not even conviction... the INDICTMENT rate is low. These guys aren't even getting put in front of a jury.

We're going to see the evidence from this case released to the public, so I guess I'll withhold additional judgment until then about whether or not he should have been indicted. It's really hard to say based on what we've been presented in the media.

But going back to the issue of race and the riots in the streets. Yes, it's absolutely despicable that people are burning their home town's streets up and looting stores. Yes, the violence is extremely unnecessary.

But to play devil's advocate, consider this: black men, women and children are slaughtered every day in the streets. Black-on-black crime makes up a significant portion of this, but the point stands: the inner cities across the nation are basically battlebrounds and innocent people are being murdered every. single. day. How often do any of these murders make the mainstream news? It takes an unusual case such as this one, a case in which a white police officer shot up an unarmed (yet potentially dangerous, who knows, we don't really have trustworthy witnesses it seems) black kid.

Nobody ever pays attention to the scores of murders that happen every single day in places like Ferguson. People don't give a damn, they really don't. The only time the nation begins to pay attention is when black people begin to amass and riot in the streets. It takes violence, looting and rioting for people to give them and their plight even a moment's notice. For once, white America is actually paying attention to what people living in heavily underprivileged neighborhoods are dealing with on an EVERYDAY basis.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at ALL justifying the violence and rioting happening in Ferguson. I think it's despicable, and that these people should be held responsible for their actions. But you also have to understand that these riots and this violence are a symptom of a much larger problem: these people have been marginalized and systematically oppressed for a couple hundred years, and we turn a blind eye to them until they can't take it any more and have to resort to extreme measures like this to get people to finally pay attention. Yet even this, their only way of getting people to notice them and their problems, only makes things worse for them, because people (understandably) look at what's happening in Ferguson and say, "why should I pity these people? This is why black people in America are only getting in the way of their own advancement."

Don't you see?! It's an incurable, vicious cycle because from the day a child is born into a poor black family in the ghetto, the chips are stacked against them in a monumental way for their entire life. They are forced into slums and segregated areas of cities specifically designed to keep the poor away from the middle and upper class. They are forced to go through public school systems where there is little security, where teachers might not necessary even have college degrees in education, and where there are extremely low academic standards. They grow up in families and in communities that have been hardened because of everything they've faced in their lifetime, so even when a lucky child is able to break free of the norm and start doing well in school or gets a good job, they're criticized for "acting white," because they've taken on characteristics of the people that have been systematically oppressing them for generations.

It's fucking pathetic, the whole situation, and Ferguson is just a tiny little microcosm of this. And what's even more pathetic is that nothing is going to ever change, at least not in our lifetimes. We're barely 50 years removed from desegregation of schools in America and everyone likes to pretend that we're living in a post-racial society, or they try to make half-assed attempts to improve the quality of life of our nation's poor black people without really paying attention to the issues that are actually at stake. (Like, for instance, affirmative action? A fucking joke. How about actually making an attempt to overhaul an educational and economic system that has poor/black people disadvantaged from day one, then you won't have to give them pity admission?)

Sorry for the rant, it's just such a frustrating story and I'm sick of these articles coming out that lack any understanding of the kind of nuanced layers involved in this situation. This is way bigger than cop-on-black violence, black-on-black violence, rioting, etc. This is about the way our systems and entities are set up.

People have been calling the people rioting in Ferguson monsters, and that's understandable, they're doing some horrific things. But who created the monsters in the first place?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 1:52 pm

Circled Square wrote:It's the year of our Lord 2015. I am NOT a victim of discrimination.

So you're saying racism and discrimination is dead in America?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 2:08 pm

Everlong wrote:
Circled Square wrote:It's the year of our Lord 2015. I am NOT a victim of discrimination.

Yes. I'm also saying that the sky is green and the moon is 100% Pecorino cheese.

After reading your detailed post, I've come to the conclusion: You don't understand the Baltimore Riots

This is the man they "killed", Freddie Gray

It's this attitude that we can't be held responsible that makes me hurt the most. It's so demeaning to blacks to see whites and other races jump to our defense at the slightest sight of injustice. There's been violent outbursts by other races for much sillier reasons. For instance, when the Canucks lost....lol. Vancouver went belly up.

BUT, and here's the BUT, we're making Whites into the bad guys. As if they are responsible for this. As if we have NO control on how we act as a people. And it doesn't matter if a court of law deems the cops innocent, because apparently we blacks don't play by the law. Soon enough you'll see your country completely overrun by low class immigrants. It's only a matter of time before you're like Mexico, either dirt poor or extremely rich.

Here's something you might like:

Sorry for the language btw, but it's such a powerful quote and shines on the true issue here: Not white elitism, but class warfare. MLK almost had us on the right track until his anti-'Nam stuff got him killed.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Viazon » May 04, '15, 2:10 pm

Everlong wrote:

It obviously just doesn't happen in his town. That's the same reason he doesn't believe there is any prejudice against gays. Because he doesn't see it around him.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 2:12 pm

Viazon wrote:
Everlong wrote:

It obviously just doesn't happen in his town. That's the same reason he doesn't believe there is any prejudice against gays. Because he doesn't see it around him.

Ad hominem much? I live in Ontario dude. Pickering Ontario. Population is over 100,000 people. I don't live in some backwoods town. I don't see any anti-Gay stuff around here at all. I'm not going to lie about it.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 2:14 pm

Circled Square wrote:After reading your detailed post, I've come to the conclusion: You don't understand the Baltimore Riots

I'm not entirely sure how you've come to that conclusion, given the post I copied was not at all about the Baltimore riots.

You're also still avoiding all of my earlier questions. Please let me know if you plan on continuing to deflect so I know whether or not to continue wasting my time.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » May 04, '15, 2:15 pm

Everlong wrote:
Circled Square wrote:After reading your detailed post, I've come to the conclusion: You don't understand the Baltimore Riots

I'm not entirely sure how you've come to that conclusion, given the post I copied was not at all about the Baltimore riots.

You're also still avoiding all of my earlier questions. Please let me know if you plan on continuing to deflect so I know whether or not to continue wasting my time.

I'm not wasting my time on the forum anymore. Goodbye.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SortaCreative » May 04, '15, 2:15 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Viazon wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Ad hominem much? I live in Ontario dude. Pickering Ontario. Population is over 100,000 people. I don't live in some backwoods town. I don't see any anti-Gay stuff around here at all. I'm not going to lie about it.

But it still happens.

No one asked or cares about what's happening in Pickering, Ontario with a population of 100,000 saints.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 2:19 pm

Circled Square wrote:I'm not wasting my time on the forum anymore. Goodbye.

Damn, this dude is so focused on avoiding any attempt at critical thought that he's straight up ditching.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Daz » May 04, '15, 2:24 pm

To be fair to Circle Square in this instance, his point does have some validity. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for ourselves, and just because your race was oppressed in the past, doesn't mean you can lean on it as a crutch for prolonged criminal behaviour in the present. If you don't put yourself in a position to be killed by police, regardless of skin colour, you're not gonna get killed by police. Obviously that doesn't absolve the people involved, but it doesn't make the deceased some sort of martyr either.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » May 04, '15, 2:27 pm

Daz wrote:To be fair to Circle Square in this instance, his point does have some validity. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for ourselves, and just because your race was oppressed in the past, doesn't mean you can lean on it as a crutch for prolonged criminal behaviour in the present. If you don't put yourself in a position to be killed by police, regardless of skin colour, you're not gonna get killed by police. Obviously that doesn't absolve the people involved, but it doesn't make the deceased some sort of martyr either.

Oh yeah absolutely, and that's something I touched on in that big post I copied.

But he's not even trying to take any historical context into consideration here. Hell, rather than even give it a moment's thought, he's apparently decided to leave the site (lol). That's just willful ignorance.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Daz » May 04, '15, 2:34 pm

Everlong wrote:
Daz wrote:To be fair to Circle Square in this instance, his point does have some validity. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for ourselves, and just because your race was oppressed in the past, doesn't mean you can lean on it as a crutch for prolonged criminal behaviour in the present. If you don't put yourself in a position to be killed by police, regardless of skin colour, you're not gonna get killed by police. Obviously that doesn't absolve the people involved, but it doesn't make the deceased some sort of martyr either.

Oh yeah absolutely, and that's something I touched on in that big post I copied.

But he's not even trying to take any historical context into consideration here. Hell, rather than even give it a moment's thought, he's apparently decided to leave the site (lol). That's just willful ignorance.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Str8Shooter » May 04, '15, 2:35 pm

I always wondered which topic would end up getting Squared Circle banned. Didn't expect him to leave willingly though :P

That took an unexpected turn. I don't know why he didn't just attempt to answer Tim's question.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics