It is currently: May 11, '24, 7:48 pm

Dating thread

This is where we display classic threads so that we can enjoy them long into the future. Feel free to continue posting in them.

Re: Dating thread

Postby Everlong » Feb 14, '14, 4:17 pm

Sounds like you need to start wearing a fedora, hombre.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Kein » Feb 14, '14, 10:36 pm

Made a POF account. 0% return on messages but I am being pretty lax about it as a whole. I am being a bit tight financially this year because I want to buy a house. As far as I am concerned going on a date and getting a girlfriend would be awesome, but I am also fine with just meeting new people, making some new single friends and networking.

At this point, all of my friends (who are all cool btw) are either in a relationship or married. Anytime I hang out with them, their friends who also come along are also, married or in a relationship. My networking from these people is a dead end so I need to basically start from zero and maybe find some more friends.

I never knew this image of fedora people existed... I have one... I don't wear it much but shit. Hahaha.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby Chewy » Feb 15, '14, 12:05 am

PorkChop wrote:A girl that I asked out a few months back who turned me down started going out with a fedora-wearing neckbeard today. I'm not even kidding, he is the human embodiment of all those atheist/fedora/'le gentleman' memes.

I do have a date coming up soon, so it's not all bad. But damn.

At least he didn't have a Tapout short eh?

I will never let this go now.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Feb 15, '14, 4:53 pm

Chewy wrote:
PorkChop wrote:A girl that I asked out a few months back who turned me down started going out with a fedora-wearing neckbeard today. I'm not even kidding, he is the human embodiment of all those atheist/fedora/'le gentleman' memes.

I do have a date coming up soon, so it's not all bad. But damn.

At least he didn't have a Tapout short eh?

I will never let this go now.

I don't even know what Tapout shirts are :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Viazon » Feb 15, '14, 5:34 pm

So, I did something at work on Friday that was either so corny and cheesy that it was cool or it was just so stupid because it was so corny and cheesy and just cringe worthy.

I was talking to my crush from work. You know, the one who I should be with and would be perfect together if it weren't for her boyfriend. So she asks me if I got her a Valentine card, jokingly of course, and I said I hadn't. She then complained that no one had gotten her a card, even though she has a boyfriend. I assuming he had and she was just talking about people from work.

So I thought it would be cute to make a make-shift card there and then. I took one of the blank labels from the printer we have, folded it up, wrote a little "Happy Valentines Day" message with a smiley face inside with a heart on the front.

Now I had to give it to her. Only problem being, she was back in her area of work with the people she works with and it may have been difficult to get her on her own. And I didn't really wanna give it to her in front of them. I walked towards to area with intentions to try and get her away, but as I got closer I thought, fuck it. I walked straight over and told her I had just made it for her. Everyone with her laughed and thought it was funny. I kinda joked around, saying how I put a lot of effort into it. (It took me 3 seconds. It was very basic.) She saw the funny side and laughed and I joked around with the other guys in her area about her not getting a card today so I thought I felt obliged. They were all smiling. I then told to have a good weekend and walked away.

I know she most likely thought it was cute and funny but the other people who were around most likely thought I was a complete twat. I have only just found out recently that everyone suspects I like this girl and even this girl herself has said that one of the people she works closely with, who was there when I card her the card, told her that he thinks I like her. I imagine she suspects as well. They are probably think I am just trying to hard now and that I'm just a douche.

But fuck it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 15, '14, 5:49 pm

I like your story Viazon, seems pretty harmless to me. You're probably overthinking it.

But even if she does suspect you like her, it's obviously not putting her off or disgusting her or anything, 'cause she was still flirting and joking with you. Which means she could just enjoy the attention from another guy, or she may have feelings for you as well.

So we really haven't solved anything I guess :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Viazon » Feb 15, '14, 5:55 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I like your story Viazon, seems pretty harmless to me. You're probably overthinking it.

But even if she does suspect you like her, it's obviously not putting her off or disgusting her or anything, 'cause she was still flirting and joking with you. Which means she could just enjoy the attention from another guy, or she may have feelings for you as well.

So we really haven't solved anything I guess :P

I not really bothered by what she thinks about it. I know she probably just found it funny and because of what she said to me earlier on. But the people who were there probably thought I was a dick. But deep down, I really don't care.

I doubt she feels the same. I mean, she is a really friendly girl and talks to lot's of people. She probably doesn't feel that way about anyone. But I do get this feeling that I would have a chance if only she was single.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Feb 15, '14, 5:57 pm

If somehow things wind up going your way and you have a chance to make a move on the girl, just make sure you don't do it until she's single. #1, you don't wanna be the "other guy," and #2, any one who is likely to cheat on someone with you is just as likely to cheat on you with someone else.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Viazon » Feb 15, '14, 6:25 pm

I never would while she has a boyfriend. But if she ever is single, I'd have to make it quick. I imagine there would be a lot of people who would wanna ask her out as well. But then, you don't wanna do it to soon after she breaks up with him because she may just wanna be single for a while. It's a touchy situation.

She may never even break up with him anyway, so this could all just be for nothing.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Kein » Feb 15, '14, 10:52 pm

I think it was a good gesture, joking it took a lot of effort while it really took you 3 seconds I personally thought was amusing and if you really said everything light heartedly and she seemed to enjoy it I don't see any problem with it. It was a funny card and not something super deep so it is meant to be for fun. That being said, I think you also clearly put out your intentions which is ALSO SUPER IMPORTANT. You did great.

Just keep things fun and light and it should all stay peachy.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 16, '14, 10:41 am

Yeah wait till she's single before you strike as advised but also be careful to make sure if you do that you aint a rebound kinda thing. But that's something you'll have to judge if (hopefully it will) that time comes.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Feb 21, '14, 9:55 am

Ugh, some people on POF are really nasty work.

Was woken up this morning by an email saying I had a reply from a very attractive girl on POF I'd messaged last night. Obviously I was quite pleased about this and quickly logged on. I'd messaged her saying that she looked and sounded nice, and that it was rare to see a girl from where I go to uni on POF (I go to uni in a fairly small town, most girls are at least 10 miles away). I then added a " I'm PorkChop, how's it going?" at the end. (Note; my name is not actually PorkChop, believe it or not)

I got a reply saying "GLAD I TICK ALL YOUR BOXES CUNT"

er... ok. Thanks.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Feb 21, '14, 10:05 am

PorkChop wrote: (Note; my name is not actually PorkChop, believe it or not)

Well, you didn't have to ruin it for us! I was perfectly happy living in ignorance.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Locke » Feb 21, '14, 10:14 am

PorkChop wrote:Ugh, some people on POF are really nasty work.

Was woken up this morning by an email saying I had a reply from a very attractive girl on POF I'd messaged last night. Obviously I was quite pleased about this and quickly logged on. I'd messaged her saying that she looked and sounded nice, and that it was rare to see a girl from where I go to uni on POF (I go to uni in a fairly small town, most girls are at least 10 miles away). I then added a " I'm PorkChop, how's it going?" at the end. (Note; my name is not actually PorkChop, believe it or not)

er... ok. Thanks.

Sounds like a dude pretending to be a chick and he's going to murder you.

This is why I never used stupid ass online shit for dates.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 21, '14, 3:24 pm

I went to an event for work, a business showcase and the female talent there was drool-worthy stuff.

There was this beautiful lady who I saw walking past who happened to come our stall later, she was talking to my colleague after I'd been for a walk and gradually got talking to her but just on work things. Made her chuckle by asking for free advice on social media side of things but she was sorta like a Spanish senorita from looks wise - brunette hair and dark brown eyes. Beautiful.

I went for a walk past her stall towards the end but she was chatting to someone. If I could have shouted "Hey, I'm HERE!" I would have. Damn.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Feb 21, '14, 3:27 pm

PorkChop wrote:Ugh, some people on POF are really nasty work.

er... ok. Thanks.

Dude I told you, don't use POF. POF is to dating sites as Natty Ice is to beer. Trashy trash trash.

But I agree with Locke, that response sounds like someone with a fake account.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby PorkChop » Feb 21, '14, 3:36 pm

I've seen a few fake accounts on there, but this one looks legit. Still, there's no need to respond like that :lol

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Mar 05, '14, 8:07 am

How's everyone getting along?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Settee » Mar 05, '14, 11:15 am

Got myself an amazing girlfriend that plays more videogames than I do. I hit the jackpot.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Everlong » Mar 05, '14, 11:37 am

PorkChop wrote:How's everyone getting along?

Porkchop I may have missed something but what ever happened to the castle chick?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Squared Circle Classics