It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:56 pm

I never realized how popular RVD was

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: I never realized how popular RVD was

Postby JPG619 » Sep 06, '16, 8:50 pm

I was a huge RVD fan around that period too. He was entertaining in the ring and was decent on the mic but he was not the greatest like Rock or Austin who could cut a promo in their sleep.

I remember going to first ECW event back in 1998 or 99 i forget the year and it was a match with RVD vs Rhino. That I told my friend who was with me I would love to see RVD in the WWE. Maybe 3 later he did come to the WWE.

To bad when he was in the WWE and a show was in Toronto RVD was never there or he was injured. However I did get to see him live on RAW it was a match vs Orton where he punted him which was to write him off tv since his contract was terminated.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby Messiah » Sep 06, '16, 10:00 pm

Circled Square wrote:In an ideal world Big E challenges for a world title.

Words that do not belong in the same sentence unless a "doesn't" follows "Big E".

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 07, '16, 6:10 am

For a guy of his size, RVD deserves credit for being able to do some of the 'flippy shit' at all! I always found his matches bearable, he tended to have a few high moments in a match (the end and the running spin dive he did - wrestling terminology is out of whack these days) and coupled with the chants and his attitude, he did have a fanbase. He had his moment when he beat Cena for the title at ONS 2006 in a raucous atmosphere as you'd expect so he can't have too many gripes. He did a good HBK impression a while back in a shoot interview, though but never saw that levity from him enough.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Previous

Return to General Wrestling Discussion