It is currently: May 11, '24, 8:46 pm

The Wrestling

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The Wrestling

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 30, '16, 5:15 pm

Just finished The Wrestling book by Simon Garfield. The story on British wrestling.

I'd never watched as it was before my time but even then I'd heard about the larger than life characters like Big Daddy/Haystacks but this book touches on some of the others like Mick McManus and Jackie Pallo (who kinda reminded me of Ric Flair with how big his ego seems) but it's written in a way that lets the wrestlers talk about their stories and what it was like although still, didn't get the full explicit way of whether it was scripted to the extent wrestling is now or whether it was bit loose in that regards.

Worth a read if anyone has chance.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: The Wrestling

Postby Daz » Apr 30, '16, 6:12 pm

I actually read this when I was researching stuff for the Canvas, along with one or two of Adrian Street's autobiographies. Very interesting read indeed and a very different perspective than the usual wrestling books.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Return to General Wrestling Discussion