It is currently: May 03, '24, 1:02 am

Paul Heyman on CM Punk's MMA potential and if he'll ever return to WWE

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Paul Heyman on CM Punk's MMA potential and if he'll ever return to WWE

Postby Everlong » Oct 14, '15, 11:57 am

Punk knowing how to succeed when the odds are against him:

"Phil Brooks is not in his mid-thirties, he's cruising rapidly into his late-thirties. He doesn't have a documentable athletic background. Do I know that he has been in the gym with the best Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners in the world for several years? Sure I do, but he's never been in a competition. I don't know of any sports he played in high school. He went straight from high school into the wrestling world so there's no college background there. Brock Lesnar was an NCAA Division I champion, who was a champion in junior college, he was a bad ass wrestling in high school and he was wrestling since he was five years old. He was a competitive athlete so that's a different jump to make."

"Phillip Brooks does not have that background. It makes it all the more improbable, which is exactly why he's so driven to do it. Because he looks in the mirror and he sees not only a rebel and an uncompromising spokesman for the beliefs that are near and dear to him, but he sees someone that will defy conventional wisdom and pull off miracles if that's what it takes because he has one shot in life and he wants to do something quite special with it."

A possible WWE return for Punk:

"As of right now, ain't no way he's ever going back. I don't know if I can make that same statement in the future. I know his mindset is there's absolutely no way. As for his mindset where he is in his journey, I think every moment he takes a breath is one moment closer to his debut. I think the only thing that he sees in his mind right now, 24/7 he is envisioning the moment they lock that Octagon and the referee says 'fight'."

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Paul Heyman on CM Punk's MMA potential and if he'll ever return to WWE

Postby prophet » Oct 14, '15, 4:09 pm

For those interested Punk is injured at the moment and his debut won't be for a while yet. I'd expect him to feature on the UFC 200 card in July.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby UTK » Oct 15, '15, 9:18 am

Wait, what? How'd he get injured?

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Oct 15, '15, 10:06 am

UTK wrote:Wait, what? How'd he get injured?

In training, I can't remember what injury it was but it's pushed back his debut for a while. They'll almost certainly look to get him on the UFC 200 card in July.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 15, '15, 12:50 pm

prophet wrote:For those interested Punk is injured at the moment and his debut won't be for a while yet. I'd expect him to feature on the UFC 200 card in July.

Bugger, was looking forward to seeing his debut end of year/start of 2016.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Oct 16, '15, 3:02 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
prophet wrote:For those interested Punk is injured at the moment and his debut won't be for a while yet. I'd expect him to feature on the UFC 200 card in July.

Bugger, was looking forward to seeing his debut end of year/start of 2016.

In all fairness, UFC 200 will be an incredible card so it's worth the wait.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 17, '15, 12:06 am

Heyman being real as fuck.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to General Wrestling Discussion