It is currently: May 10, '24, 3:33 pm

EC3

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

EC3

Postby Hanley! » Nov 16, '13, 1:35 pm

What do you think of this guy so far?

To be honest, I really like his entrance. And he seems to have relatively good body language in the ring. There could be potential there. But I feel kinda bad for the guy because he's associated with Dixie Carter, which means he's started off at a disadvantage. The booking for him has been bland so far too. He's linked to what is the main story at the moment (regrettably), but all he's doing is facing jobbers every week. For a couple of weeks, fine (though not at Bound For Glory ... what the hell was that about?). But it's been too long now.

Unfortunately, while the guy is doing a decent job so far, one thing is completely killing any momentum he builds up each week. And that is his catchphrase. It might be the worst catchphrase in the history of wrestling. It's not clever, it's not snappy, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. It makes him look like a prat. They should stop making him say it after all his matches, I feel bad for the guy having to deliver that crap every week.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: EC3

Postby Georgerv » Nov 16, '13, 2:54 pm

I always like Derrick Bateman in NXT, and I wish that his character allowed for a little humor in TNA, it was one of his best attributes.

Other than that, he is pretty good in the ring, and I have to agree his body language gives him quite the ring presence, but the catchphrase SUCKS

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 42

Postby Hanley! » Nov 16, '13, 5:45 pm

Ah, I didn't actually realise he had been on NXT. Maybe that's why they're giving him a relatively prevalent position early on in his career - he is a little more recognisable than he might otherwise be.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Nov 16, '13, 9:52 pm

His matches are completely non-descript, don't love his finisher and his promos are really repetitive, but other than that...

Honestly, it's too early to tell, but I haven't been pulled in by his act yet.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Twister » Nov 19, '13, 2:40 am

I'd like to see him in a match against a credible opponent rather than just a squash match every week.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Settee » Nov 21, '13, 8:51 pm

I had no idea he was even gone from NXT.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 21, '13, 11:06 pm

Twister wrote:I'd like to see him in a match against a credible opponent rather than just a squash match every week.

This.
I have seen nothing but no-name developmental guys and jobbers face this guy and I have not seen a single thing he has done in the ring catch my attention. He does not have that wow factor or that crazy move/finisher that makes me want to watch his matches. Tbh I find him a bit blah right now. Maybe if he starts having matches with guys with credibility and starts showing more of what he can do in the ring my opinion might change.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to General Wrestling Discussion