It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:07 am

AEW is very good

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

AEW is very good

Postby prophet » Mar 05, '20, 4:34 pm

Hey guys, how we all doing? Just thought I’d stop by to talk wrestling!

I haven’t watched many episodes of AEW Dynamite but I caught one the other week and really enjoyed it so decided to carry on and I’ve continued to really enjoy the product. Anyone else feel the same?

It’s, for the most part, wrestling focused and it seems to be getting better every week. I just watched The Young Bucks vs Omega and Hangman Page from last weekend’s PPV and it blew me away. Although in saying that the PPV opened with fucking Goldust vs Jack Swagger so I guess they purposely set themselves a low bar.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: AEW is very good

Postby The Legend » Mar 09, '20, 1:03 pm

prophet wrote:Hey guys, how we all doing? Just thought I’d stop by to talk wrestling!

I haven’t watched many episodes of AEW Dynamite but I caught one the other week and really enjoyed it so decided to carry on and I’ve continued to really enjoy the product. Anyone else feel the same?

It’s, for the most part, wrestling focused and it seems to be getting better every week. I just watched The Young Bucks vs Omega and Hangman Page from last weekend’s PPV and it blew me away. Although in saying that the PPV opened with fucking Goldust vs Jack Swagger so I guess they purposely set themselves a low bar.

What AEW attempts to really focus on they do a very good job with. The build to Moxley vs Jericho and Moxley winning the belt was really good, albeit a little weird and over the top with the whole blind eye/not blind eye thing with Mox.

MJF vs Cody buildup was absolutely freaking brilliant writing and storytelling with compelling acting.

The Elite tension story has been pretty good, but it is reaching a point of they better shit or get off the pot.

That was the good stuff in the build to Revolution. Now the bad, the women's division is awful. Literally worse than any WWE Divas division at any point in history. The wrestling isn't necessarily terrible, but there's no reason to give a damn one way or another for any of these women. And for as much talent as the tag division has they should be able to get me invested in these teams more than just enjoying them start off Dynamite with a great match every week.

As for the roster itself here's my favorites: Adam Page is awesome. Darby Allin is great. MJF is the most hatable heel in a ridiculously long time. Young Bucks are great.

Now for the big downfall, I rarely if ever paid the 50, 60, whatever bucks for WWE PPV's to see stories pay off and I doubt if I ever will pay that for AEW PPV's either (or convince the guys I watch PPV's with to do the same) after enjoying the 10 bucks a month the network offers. It's just something that's not fiscally going to happen, and not seeing the pay off for these stories hurts my interest.

I mean there were matches on Revolution I would have liked to see like Hager vs Rhodes, Allin vs Guevara, the tag title match, MJF vs Cody and Moxley vs Jericho, but you could litterally tell me I was going to see all my favorite matches of all time one time in one night and I wouldn't pay 60 dollars to see it. I've never been into the PPV pay scheme and never will be.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby prophet » Jul 31, '21, 6:17 pm

Hangman Page is my favourite wrestler and I’d 100% buy the PPV and stay up until 4am to watch him win the world title. That is all.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Aug 01, '21, 6:56 pm

AEW is the only wrestling I still watch and it feels like it has a real buzz right now. The Hangman/Elite story is my favorite story in years and the additions of CM Punk/Bryan Danielson was not something I expected coming into 2021. Even without watching WWE, I still consider Bryan my favorite wrestler, so this was pretty exciting news.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Aug 23, '21, 7:13 pm

Wait, Danielson is in AEW too? I must have missed that!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Aug 25, '21, 9:49 am

Everlong wrote:Wait, Danielson is in AEW too? I must have missed that!

Yeah man around the time the CM Punk rumours started they also said Danielson was due to start in late September!

Adam Cole is another I’ve heard could be jumping over! I see the argument that taking on too many ex-WWE guys was literally what they said they wouldn’t do but when these guys become available you get them signed up!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Aug 26, '21, 3:14 pm

Yeah I definitely think you make exceptions for Punk and Danielson. Those are exactly the kind of dudes you want in the locker room.

Will definitely have to check this out sometime.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 30, '21, 10:15 am

It sounds like WWE's future endeavoured guys will be in AEW but from very little I've seen of AEW but read much of how they do things, that the guys and girls will be used in a better way than Vince.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Messiah » Sep 04, '21, 7:56 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:It sounds like WWE's future endeavoured guys will be in AEW but from very little I've seen of AEW but read much of how they do things, that the guys and girls will be used in a better way than Vince.

Actually, if there is one thing that AEW does struggle with, it's the women's division. Still pretty lacking in that regard IMO.

I also think they overdo it with the violence at times.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby prophet » Sep 08, '21, 3:13 pm

Messiah wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:It sounds like WWE's future endeavoured guys will be in AEW but from very little I've seen of AEW but read much of how they do things, that the guys and girls will be used in a better way than Vince.

Actually, if there is one thing that AEW does struggle with, it's the women's division. Still pretty lacking in that regard IMO.

I also think they overdo it with the violence at times.

Yeah they’ve only ever really given any time to Britt Baker. She’s great and deserves the rub but they have so many talented women they hardly use.

I feel like they forget that the women can have other stuff going on that isn’t title related. Penelope Ford, Kris Statlander and Thunder Rosa just to name a few are all incredible.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to General Wrestling Discussion