It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:18 pm

NJPW Dominion spoilers

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

NJPW Dominion spoilers

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 09, '18, 10:09 am

Despy and Kanemaru retain the junior tag belts, Cody pins Liger in the six man tag match, the Bucks are the new heavyweight tag team champs, Elgin beats Taichi to win Goto's NEVER Openweight strap, Hiromu wins the Jr. heavyweight Championship from Ospreay, Jericho beats Naito for the IC strap and........

..........kkkkkkkkkkkkk.....

.......KENNY OMEGA DEFEATS KAZUCHIKA OKADA for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: NJPW Dominion spoilers

Postby Hanley! » Jun 11, '18, 3:37 pm

What did you think of the show, Vader? Anyone else here catch the show?

We watched it with a few friends in a bar in Dublin; first time we've done that for a New Japan show. Couldn't have picked a better one. I thought this show was awesome. Missed the first couple of matches, but might try to catch up with them at some point. The last six were really good though.

The match I was looking most forward to was the junior heavyweight match, and it delivered. Takahashi is maybe my favourite guy at the moment, so I was psyched to see him win the title. As much as I love Ospreay, it's Hiromu's time. I've heard a lot of people say they preferred the final of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament, but I thought this match was better.

Jericho vs Naito over-delivered. I thought this was better than Jericho's match with Omega. This was a really intense brawl, and added something different to the card. I was cheering for Naito, because I'm a big fan of Los Ingobernables. But Jericho winning was the more exciting result.

Okada vs Omega outdid themselves again, and put on maybe the best match I've ever seen. It was a brilliant conclusion to the definitive greatest world championship reign in wrestling history. Watching Okada lose the title was weird. I was sad, I was excited. It felt like the end of something important.

I'm not sure WWE have ever put on a show this good. Literally. Best show of the year is an understatement.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 14, '18, 12:59 pm

Omega vs Okada got 7 stars from Meltzer. :o

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Jun 14, '18, 1:43 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of Meltzer breaking the scale, but it was possibly the best match I've ever seen so from that perspective I can't really disagree.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 15, '18, 8:57 am

Hanley! wrote:What did you think of the show, Vader? Anyone else here catch the show?

We watched it with a few friends in a bar in Dublin; first time we've done that for a New Japan show. Couldn't have picked a better one. I thought this show was awesome. Missed the first couple of matches, but might try to catch up with them at some point. The last six were really good though.

The match I was looking most forward to was the junior heavyweight match, and it delivered. Takahashi is maybe my favourite guy at the moment, so I was psyched to see him win the title. As much as I love Ospreay, it's Hiromu's time. I've heard a lot of people say they preferred the final of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament, but I thought this match was better.

Jericho vs Naito over-delivered. I thought this was better than Jericho's match with Omega. This was a really intense brawl, and added something different to the card. I was cheering for Naito, because I'm a big fan of Los Ingobernables. But Jericho winning was the more exciting result.

Okada vs Omega outdid themselves again, and put on maybe the best match I've ever seen. It was a brilliant conclusion to the definitive greatest world championship reign in wrestling history. Watching Okada lose the title was weird. I was sad, I was excited. It felt like the end of something important.

I'm not sure WWE have ever put on a show this good. Literally. Best show of the year is an understatement.

I essentially agree with all of this.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Return to General Wrestling Discussion