It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 10:51 am

Your favorite TNA memories/matches/etc.?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Your favorite TNA memories/matches/etc.?

Postby Messiah » Oct 02, '16, 4:48 pm

I haven't followed TNA as much as some other members may have, especially in the last 6-7 years (at least). However, they have provided me with some great entertainment before.

Kurt Angle's debut was bad-ass.

Joe was one bad MFer at the time and Angle arriving and busting him open with a headbutt rather than say a single word was awesome. I really enjoyed their match at Genesis afterwards.

I know the Christian Coalition was seen as a terrible use of AJ Styles' talents at the time (a LOT of people hated it if I remember correctly), but I thought they did a good job proving how good Christian could be if given the opportunity and they had such good chemistry in backstage segments. They had a lot of funny promos.

I think the first TNA show I watched was when Abyss/Sting started feuding. As someone who couldn't watch WCW, this was the first time I was exposed to Sting. I was a big fan of Abyss during this.

I loved anything that the Beautiful People, the original group anyway, did.

Chet Lemon, Black Snow, and Scott Steiner. Main Event Mafia was a good stable idea, not the best execution. Sting never should have joined and the way it ended was terrible, they never got their comeuppance.

BULLY RAY. I always knew Ray could talk, thank you TNA for showing the world how good he could have been on his own.

I used to hate Jeff Hardy in WWE but when I started catching him on TNA from time to time, I actually started to like him. I think they just played to his strengths better.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Your favorite TNA memories/matches/etc.?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 02, '16, 5:44 pm

Alot really,

Motor City Machine Guns, Beer Money, Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Bully Ray, Beautiful People, Blood, "Joes gonna kill you!"

I still feel like TNA could have been HUGE if the behind the scenes shit was executed better. They made major mistakes as a company but they gave the fans what they wanted instead of what vince wanted.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Oct 04, '16, 2:58 pm

I miss the six-sided ring. It was a new and interesting concept which really separated TNA from their competitiors. It's a shame they got rid of it.

Other memories:

The Abyss / Joseph Parks storyline. It was a terrible, hilarious, fantastic storyline.

KNOCK KNOCK WHO'S THERE BRADEN WALKER

Generation Me's debut vs Motor City Machine Guns

Bully Ray, who was one of the best heels wrestling has seen in the 21st century. So many heels in wrestling these days are cowardly and run away from confrontation, so having Bully Ray as an instigator was a really refreshing take on the role.

The classic Destination X matches.

Actual decent tag team wrestling.

Jeff Hardy's heel turn and his debacle at Victory Road.

So many more. Although TNA is fairly crap, they've produced some great entertainment over the years.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Oct 04, '16, 3:16 pm

I loved the old feuds between Styles, Joe and Daniels. Any combination of those three wrestlers was a guaranteed 4 star match, at worst. Particularly during that great X Division run around 2005.

LAX as a badass heel tag team with Konnan as their manager was one of the most underrated acts in wrestling. They were absolute heat magnets. I particularly remember that time they actually won a flag match against an American team. That was great. Also that moment when Hernandez tossed Gail Kim across the ring like a paper plane.

Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong was a really cool feud that was kinda a precursor to the "revolution" in women's wrestling that we're seeing in WWE today.

The Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money were the best thing about TNA a couple of years later, and their rivalry produced some of the best tag team matches of the modern era. I loved Beer Money's chemistry in the ring and in promos. To this day, they're still one of the most entertaining acts I've ever seen at a live wrestling show.

Austin Aries ending Bobby Roode's record setting title reign at Destination X was an incredible moment. Also the Styles vs Daniels match on the undercard of that show holds a special place in my heart as it's what got Kirbi into wrestling.

Joseph Park. The angle lasted too long and got shit by the end, but he was incredible for a long time. It felt like it shouldn't have worked and yet it did. His feud with Bully Ray was so much fun. Speaking of which, I'll have to add my name to the list of people who loved Bully Ray's run as a top heel. One of the best heel performers of all time when he was given the material.

Finally, Bad Influence. They weren't always given the status or the recognition they deserved, but they were the most entertaining and reliable act in TNA for at least a year. Even when they were given shit like the Claire Lynch angle, they always made their segments fun to watch.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Oct 04, '16, 3:17 pm

Ultimate X matches, Great use of the secondary divisions, Joe vs AJ vs Daniels. The Ace's and 8's storyline.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 04, '16, 9:30 pm

I'll avoid listing things that have already been said in this thread, though for the record I will state that Aries winning the world title is probably my top TNA moment of all time.

Here is my list.

Lethal/Flair is the funniest segment I've ever seen. Knowing how successful Lethal has become in ROH, it's a shame this his big push in TNA went nowhere. As for Flair, they gave him too much money and spotlight but I thought his run was gold.

Bully Ray's best promo. Also worth mentioning is AJ in his weird transition phase between his old look and his current look.

My favorite Sting moment in TNA. I wish we had seen this kind of fire in him at some point in WWE.

Bobby Roode's pipe bomb on Hogan.

Honorable Mentions (aka too many videos in this post already)

- The the tag team series between the Hardys/Dudleys/Wolves
- Bully Ray putting Dixie Carter through a table
- Kevin Nash's X-division wrestler clinic
- Jeff Jarret's MMA dojo for kids
- AJ Styles winning the world title in 2009
- The funeral of Aces and Eights
- Abyss forgetting to kick out in his match with Mick Foley, ref awkwardly stops before 3 count

also Jeff Hardy's heel entrance

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Oct 05, '16, 2:47 pm

And then there's the greatest moment of all:

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Twister » Oct 11, '16, 3:25 pm

More recently Delete or Decay made for some interesting watching.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '16, 5:02 pm

I'll give another shout out to LAX as @Hanley! did earlier. They're initial heel run with Konnan as their mouthpiece was awesome. They've seemingly been lost in the annals of time as their run was pretty short and TNA dropped off a lot and there's not exactly a huge rush of people dying to see old TNA footage and matches.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » Oct 11, '16, 9:21 pm

I'm disappointed Homicide didn't become a bigger star in TNA. He was one of the first guys I immediately liked when I started watching.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Return to General Wrestling Discussion