Moderator: Str8Shooter

PCW Onslaught Episode 4 RESULTS/DISCUSSION

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 09, '13, 1:34 am

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/6735647 ... 4-pdf-993k

And y'all know what's coming up next! :tim

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: PCW Onslaught Episode 4 RESULTS/DISCUSSION

Postby JDD » Dec 09, '13, 4:24 pm

Nice last show before the ppv. Favorite part was "American by birth, asshole by nature, chamipon by default" :lol

Loved Magnum Phillips debut. Hes fucking brutal. :lol Also enjoyed finally getting a real look at the master and what hes about. Although it may be a little generic, i think a feud with him and Sato who is his total opposite could be a great feud to really get to know more about both guys.

The 3 tag team match idea is a good one. Would like to see a gimmick added to one though, just tokeep it from being stale.

Only complaint is there hasnt been any other matches actually announced for Escalation. While Zaid/Valentino, some sort of Omega/Diciples combination seem like a given, an actual announcement woul have been nice.

The swerve with Sean Knight at the end was real cool. Didnt think that would happen at all.

Will be interesting to see whose working for Miller, seems like it could be the start of some really cool heel stable.

Overall another great and fun show to read. Good job everybody. Cant wait for Escalation and seeing how thats gonna all go down.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 09, '13, 4:40 pm

We're only going to have 2 matches on the PPV because the Escalation gauntlet is probably going to be about the length of one show itself, and the other match is written by Daz, so... :lol

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby SKS » Dec 09, '13, 5:43 pm

Fuck me, I've just now realized that Cage isn't Craig....I think I've been writing Craig the whole time....the hell is wrong with me. :facepalm

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Everlong » Dec 10, '13, 3:36 pm

The Buffalo Returns - Omega in wrestling gear again is definitely a cool moment. It seems like kind of a cop-out for him to suddenly have a partner... I was kind of looking forward to seeing Omega in a righteous struggle against the evil Disciples, but eh. Someone who hates Hess as much as Omega? That can only be Sean Knight, although there are plenty of other people with cause to hate Hess!

Luck of the Draw - Pfft, does Drake Bernard even KNOW who Buck is?! :P Lmao, the munging again! Pretty funny segment, I love Burke's "why did I do this?" line. Zaid gets to fight for #25? Everything's coming up roses for that guy!

Zaid vs. ??? - "Gia DiFiero’s future ex boy toy" fabulous :lol I liked Johnny coming out with a head full of steam - makes perfect sense given his storyline with Zaid so far. Good job on the commentary too, selling the fact that Johnny is so concerned with beating up Zaid that he doesn't realize what's at stake. I like the ending too, perfectly fits with Zaid's character to get the sneaky rollup there. I really hope Valentino and Zaid are in the ring at the same time during Escalation, but if not I definitely hope to see this feud continue after the PPV. It's been a lot of fun so far.

Play Time's Over - While I think The Master has been kind of corny so far, he had a pretty funny line in regards to the announcers not learning his opponent's name last week, haha. I'm still not really sure what The Master's deal is, but it seems as though he's going for a super serious technical wrestling gimmick. We'll have to wait and see how that works out.

Magnum vs Orion - Hope ya'll enjoyed my debut, and I hope Bret's satisfied with how I wrote his character!

4/3/2 - I like that Burke is dealing directly with the tag teams as well, typically authority figures really only get invested in the main title so it's cool to have a segment like this. Two out of three falls? That should be a good one. BTW, Dale is fantastic.... I love the God's Favorite Wrestler thing.

Conduit for Pain[/b ] - Ha, nice throwback to Foster's old nickname in the title there. Foster seems more British than ever before :lol "Lucky for him I'm a fucking lovely bloke," fantastic. Good segment. Foster's really come into his own as a face.

[b]Foster/Miller
- More viciousness from Miller here. I think the beatdown went just a bit over the top, but Miller is looking like a bigger threat at this point than he ever has in his career so he's got that going in his favor. Not sure what to make of Miller's one spoken line, or this whole storyline in general at this point... I think it'll be one of those things where I'll only be able to assess how I feel about it after it's all over, because Miller's intentions/potential accomplices/etc are still complete unknowns. At this point I'm just ready for answers, so I hope we get them at Escalation.

Enmascarado - YES PORKCHOP! Welcome dude! Always exciting to have newbies. Pretty good introductory promo, looking forward to seeing what he can do in front of a live audience. Looks like he'll be coming in as a heel?

Daaaazzzz - Daz still has the best entrance music in the fed, not even a contest. Other than "Diamond Eyes" it was my favorite in WCSF too. Daz just comes across as such a natural champion, and this promo really changed my mind to the point where I now think he'll be coming out of Escalation to the title. The way he works the mic, the naturally appealing face nature he has, he's everything that you want in a face of the company figure. I also love the narrative we're getting now of a beat up, aging Daz. We started to see that a bit in WCSF, but now you're really starting to get the feeling that this is a Daz who knows he's entered the back side of his career. Although I think it's a bit naive of Daz to think he won't have to change his strategy in an over the top rope battle royal... he's one of the smaller guys around, after all, and won't be able to rely on his ability to wear people down with submissions and holds quite as much. Now for the Kaiser stuff. That interruption was gold, and the "everyone gets treated equally except Kaiser Cavanah" line was classic heel stuff. It seems to me that I really don't know much about Haynes yet. I think he needs some more mic time. The announcers say he could be a threat, but I really don't see it.

A True Savior/Main Event - Yeah, totally called that Sean Knight thing :P I still really wish that Omega would have just stuck to the handicap match thing. I think it would have suited his character to want to tough it out himself, and would have added another level of desperation to his storyline. Not that I don't like the idea of Omega and Knight teaming up, I just think the decision was a little strange to suddenly forgo that stipulation, and I'm not buying Hess and Barry's reason for letting Omega suddenly switch things up. NEVERTHELESS, on to the main event. You could definitely feel the intensity here, both from the stiffness of the moves to the commentary. I think the "ring rust" storyline was a bit underplayed here with Omega though. Considering he was basically retired before this match, that should probably have factored a lot more into the action of the match and there was barely a reference to it.

Knight screwing Omega, however, is a huge shock to me. I didn't see that coming at ALL. Why would Knight join the Disciples, especially given his history with Hess? Doesn't seem to make sense, but I'm sure there's an explanation that I'm looking forward to getting. This group has suddenly become more potent, to be sure. But definitely a weird moment, and a crazy way to end the final show heading into Escalation.

With Knight's turn and Enmascarado seemingly being a heel, it seems as though we've got a bit of a heel/face imbalance here. But given this nugget:

"The time has almost arrived. The exile, almost over. Soon… he returns."

It seems as though we're about to get someone return at Escalation, and I honestly don't know who it'll be. I'd personally love it to be Frazier, but I have my doubts that Taj would come back. And I'd be even more surprised if any of the other former writers around here (Aky, Steve, Tom) would come back. I could see Pete coming back, but with what character? Neither of his former characters really fit that phrase. Viazon doesn't fit that phrase at all either. I dunno, I have no clue, but hopefully whoever it is, they're a face :P

_______

My winners for the week:

1) Daz. I've got him winning the title now, and while I wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm completely wrong about that, I do feel pretty good about that pick.

2) Spencer Miller. The jury's out on this storyline still, but there's no doubt that the new attitude has done him some good.

3) ESCALATION. I'm really pumped for this. So many different possibilities for the winner and the fallout, it's going to be pretty great.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 10, '13, 4:51 pm

Me and ShaneO were just discussing how having only two matches on the PPV (despite the size of one of them) might disappoint some people. So I'm going to ask you guys. Should we have another match or two at Escalation or leave the card the way it is?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Dec 10, '13, 4:53 pm

I'd say throw on one more. The other two matches are going to be huge, but having one singles match might be nice.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby JDD » Dec 10, '13, 4:55 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Me and ShaneO were just discussing how having only two matches on the PPV (despite the size of one of them) might disappoint some people. So I'm going to ask you guys. Should we have another match or two at Escalation or leave the card the way it is?

If the Escalation match and the tag match is already the length of a normal show, then i say leave it. If its lacking by a few pages then maybe add in acouple of short matches in between the two. Sort of like cool down matches i guess.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby HFX » Dec 10, '13, 8:07 pm

I'd like to apologize to y'all and especially my writing partners. I got this job up in a camp in Northern Alberta and I work 11 hours a day hard physical labor. When I get back to my room, after I shower and eat, I barely have enough energy to surf reddit :lol. I'm sure I'll get more used to it as I go along and will be back writing for Escalation. Thanks again to the guys covering for me in the match.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby PorkChop » Dec 11, '13, 2:18 pm

Thanks for the kind words Tim! I really enjoyed writing my first segment. I thought it was a great show overall.

Daz, Foster or Haynes look like pretty safe bets for the Escalation match, if you ask me. Can't wait.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby BSM » Dec 11, '13, 8:11 pm

This was a really fun show. I'm super excited for Escalation now!

It's nice to see Omega back in action and I'm having a ton of fun being involved in the angle between the Disciples and Omega/Gryphon.

Sorry for the delay on the main event match. I started the match and emailed it to ShaneOfan, but for some reason it didn't make it to him the first time I sent it. Once I was aware he didn't receive the match, I sent it again. So thats the reason for the delay.

When they announced who was getting the opportunity for #25, I was pleasantly surprised when Zaid's name was announced. I see him having a bright future in the PCW.

Magnum Phillips is an ass kicker, plain and simple.

I think a best of three series is a really good way to determine the tag team champions, as only one match between the two teams wouldn't really prove who was the best team. I'm looking forward to their first match at Escalation.

When I was reading through the assignment email. I wasn't expecting what was planned for the main event. I didn't expect Sean Knight to turn on Omega and join with the Disciples. I'm excited to see where this story takes us in the future.

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby Enygma » Dec 12, '13, 1:26 pm

Sorry I disappeared for a bit guys.. wont happen again. Thanks to Shaneofan aswell for writing my part of the segment. I enjoyed the segment :D

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby prophet » Dec 13, '13, 8:59 am

The Buffalo Returns - Really didn't expect Omega to recruit a partner but it made sense. Love that Barry goes by 'Brother Theodore'. Not much else to say, nice little segment to open the show.

Luck of the Draw - Dickstickler? Chucklefucks? Twatwaffles? Bernard has made me laugh in the past but this seemed a little excessive. Not a great segment for the Bernard character either really unless he's going to be the comic relief character from now on. It didn't really make sense to me that Burke just allowed Zaid to pick his opponent for the match to determine the #25 spot. I think it may have been simpler to have Burke simply name Zaid the final entrant. I'm nitpicking to be honest but something about that logic seemed flawed to me.

Zaid vs Valentino - Nice way to further the fact that Zaid is in Valentino's head. Very short match and you've got to imagine Zaid has a great chance of winning now. Entering the Escalation match last pretty much guarantees he'll be tangling with some big names which can only do wonders for the character. I don't think Valentino will let this go though...

Play Time's Over - Ali really is the king of getting across his characters' personality. Interesting to see Sato is a relatively laid back guy too although I will say that for me, Sato is the character I know least about - he's just sort of...there..every week. Classic heel schtick from The Master, interesting to see what he'll get up too at the PPV.

Magnum vs Orion - Time to see if Tim's match-writing skills have rusted a bit! Magnum Phillips is very reminiscent of Romalotti (remember him?) in his attitude and demeanour and right away his bad temper creeps into proceedings. I said to Tim the other day that I think he probably did a better job of making Bishop look good than Magnum :lol Really enjoyed Bishop trying to keep the bout an actual match rather than a brawl and it was nice to see the commentators picked up on it. Phillips has the classic big man heavy impact moves which is different compared to most of Tim's former characters. It'll be interesting to see how this effects you as a writer now that this character has limited capabilities. LOVED the middle finger to the crowd before dropping the DDT - that was awesome. 'Boots to Faces' is such a Rock catchphrase rip-off :P We didn't actually get a winner here but I'm sure this is only the beginning of a budding rivalry between the two new guys. Hopefully Brett will be back for the next show as I can't really comment much on his character without him writing for it.

4 men, 3 matches, 2 belts - I'm not really keen on a Tag Title just yet. We only have two actual teams so I don't really see the point in having a championship - stretching it out across 3 matches is clever though and perhaps more tag teams will be created by the time we actual have champions. Mentioned it last week but I'll say it again 'God's favourite wrestler' is genius. I say this every week too but Daz has mastered this team so well that the dialogue all seems effortless.

Foster vs Miller - Steel chairs to the head. Steel steps to the head. Repeated mic shots to the head. I have to admit I think you may have gone a little overboard here SKS :lol Miller's beatdown on Foster was extreme to say the least but it got the job done and re-emphasised Miller's mean streak. This is without doubt the most violent feud in the fed right now and if they eventually do have a one on one match I'd like to think it'll be in some form of stipulation contest. I was intrigued as to what Miller would actually say and wasn't expecting that so kudos on surprising me. Wonder if Miller's partner/boss/lackey will be revealed at the PPV.

easter egg teasing someone's return at the PPV, I've made a wager with Tim on who it is so you guys better not let me down...

Enmascardo Leon - PorkChop! You guys have NO idea how long I tried to convince this guy to join the WCSF. Good little introduction in the sim-world for you mate! Tim seemed to get the impression that he'd be arriving as a heel but I felt the opposite. Looks to me that Leon is about honour, tradition and putting on the best show he can!

Daz/Kaiser/Haynes - I'm not really going to go into any detail with this segment because I've been doing it for weeks and you know the drill. Brilliant promo by Daz, matched by Kaiser etc... Loved the champion by default line that was great. I never thought Kaiser would be the one to throw the first punch! Kaiser is like the school bully that everyone is afraid of until the new kid (Daz) arrives and isn't scared of him, inspiring the others to stand up to him as well - does that make sense? Haynes is my wildcard for the PPV on Sunday - he's capable of the shock victory but I'd echo what Tim said in that the character is still too young for him to win the world title.

Main Event - I don't know why but I really wasn't expecting Knight to be the reveal - it makes perfect sense though and I was excited to see him and Hess clash heads again. In hindsight I'd probably agree with Tim that Omega's ring-rust could've been played up a bit more but honestly I didn't even notice it whilst reading the match. It was as aggressive and intense as you'd expect from these characters and it's great to see Barry tangling with the more well established characters - he improves every week. SHOCKED at the finale to the show - again looking back at Knight's promo's from the first couple of weeks I suppose he does sort of hint at this and I myself was first to draw similarities between Knight and Hess but I never imagined they'd align and even HUG in the ring. After everything they went through in the WCSF! If Hess has found a way to brainwash his most despised enemy then nobody is safe which is terrifying.

Cracking show chaps! :clap

My three favourites for the Escalation match -

1. Daz
2. Amos Hess
3. Kaiser Cavanah

Roll on the PPV! Post the card guys, I'm waiting! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)