It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 12:40 am

PCW Onslaught EPISODE 3 RESULTS/DISCUSSION

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

PCW Onslaught EPISODE 3 RESULTS/DISCUSSION

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 18, '13, 2:13 pm

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/6708032/pcw-3-pdf-899k

The monumental 3rd installment of PCW has now hit the books! What are your reactions to all that went down? :tim

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: PCW Onslaught EPISODE 3 RESULTS/DISCUSSION

Postby JDD » Nov 18, '13, 3:29 pm

My favorite show so far. My favorite thing going on right now is probably the hess/omega storyline. Theres so much anger and hate between the two. We got alittle taste of them fight on the giant braw at the end, but icant wait to see the full match next week.

The riot was a crazy and awesome way to end the show. I always love when wrestling show end like that, so it was cool to see here.

I still wanna know what the deal with miller is. He's obviously not working for Kaiser, but i still think he could be getting orders from someone. I doubt hes doing this alone.

I still want to know more about the Masters character. We got a name now, but i still have no idea who he is supposed to be. I hope we get more info on him next week now that he has officially had his debut.

I like that the championship is being decided by a battle royale. Its alot more fun then just handing it to someone, plus we get a good look at every wrestler at once.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 19, '13, 1:38 pm

Awesome show by everyone!

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Daz » Nov 20, '13, 12:16 pm

Hand of Hess

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Everlong » Nov 20, '13, 1:36 pm

^Did you skip my promo? :P

I've read all the segments and one of the matches. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have enough time to compile all my thoughts and get in some reviews.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 20, '13, 2:02 pm

^ He probably downloaded the show before I put your stuff in. And yeah by the way for the rest of you, Tim's segment is in there now, go read it! It's pretty good! :P

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 20, '13, 3:17 pm

Hand Of Hess-Always feel weird commenting on my own work but luckily I had two great writers to work with on this and my other segments. I am really liking Omega more and more. HFX writes his characters so well. And now that I can read what Gryphon is saying all the better. I think he has a bright future in the PCW and that is not just because I am helping to book it. Gryphon is in for a world of hurt if he and Omega stay on the bad side of Amos Hess, but good thing they have someone they can trust in each other.

Barry vs Gryphon-A great fast paced match to start the show. I like how you guys used the men at ringside without making it a pseudo tag match. Great job guys! Loved the finish. Great move by Gryphon and good on Omega to keep Hess out of the ring.

Enough is Enough-I don't know If I would want to be in Miller's shoes right now. Sure he brought it on himself but to have Daz and Nick Foster coming after you... bad things come your way. Great short promo to keep this story going.

NEW BLOOD-Great Job by the Boss man here. I like the Idea of this character and can't wait to see him in the ring. I wish we had the second half of it but I love what we got. Another note on Magnum. I like the cowboy/redneck gimmick and appreciate that Magnum Phillips is Magnum Phillips and not Justin Hawlk Bradshaw or Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Neo Runway Chic vs The Misfits-Great match. Let me first say Daz is awesome. I mean we gave you two matches against teams you had to create and you didn't give us a generic two local wrestlers. Both thimes you gave us a team that would be worth of being in the PCW. You cared about your own jobbers. Great job man. Also the dynamic between NRC is great and the flow of the match showed they still have a lot to learn as a team. I loved TBC on commentary. Just Brilliant guys!

Face of the Phoenix-A great short promo to really hype the return of Sean Knight. Love where he is going with this character and hope to be able to work with him soon. Be it with Amos or Hiroshi.

Strike Three-Ha. Take THAT Spencer Miller. Great to see him get s taste of his own. I really like how all of you guys are working with this storyline and can't wait to see the future.

Not So Secret Admirer-Modfession time here. I honestly wasn't to sure about either of these characters when you guys signed them up. I mean I thought for sure we were going to see a B-list actor come out dead pan and say everything in a dead pan voice. I love Zaid. He is a b-lister at best but he thinks he is so much more. Great writing from a great writer has made him work. Then we have Johnny Valentino (who I have taken to calling Johnny V... because I can) I thought we were either going to see The Situation or the next Internet Champion. Woo woo woo you know it isn't true. Johnny V is Johnny V. And I am enjoying him very much he may be one of if not my favorite newcomer!

Missing In Action-Great little segment here to set up for later. How can you tell HFX is a great writer? He made you truly feel the passion Omega as for his protege and he did it in a short segment. Really good job.

The Master vs A Jobber-Good little quick match that got the job done. Good job man. Short and sweet. Like that we learned "The Master's" real name. Can't wait to get you into a real feud to see just where this guy is going.

The Player-What more can I say... It's Drake Bernard!. Great promo.

A Prairie Storm is Brewing-Again I feel weird talking about something I helped write but here it is. What the hell is the matter with Amos Hess? I mean relly the guy scares the hell out of me and I write him. I can only imagine how others feel. Loved that despite his predicament, Omega still looked bad ass in the ring. I just hope that Hess doesn't screw Gryphon up to much.

Zaid vs Hiroshi Sato-Wow Zaid may not be quite right in the head but he has it down in the ring. Great match and a great win for him. Sato tried to hang in their but he got got. Loved Johnny V storming the ring and Zaid teasing him from the outside.

THE LEVEE BREAKS-Really hope you guys like the idea for our version of the Royal Rumble. It is gonna be fun to write and hard but we trust your abilities. All of you or we wouldn't be doing this. Great segment for this one. Loved Kaisers part. Hilarious listening to him run people down. Than the brawl. I mean DAMN. Everyone is down there it was chaos. Sign of thinks to come!

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Daz » Nov 20, '13, 4:40 pm

Everlong wrote:^Did you skip my promo? :P

I've read all the segments and one of the matches. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have enough time to compile all my thoughts and get in some reviews.

yeah, had the episode downloaded so i missed it.

New Blood

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Enygma » Nov 20, '13, 5:02 pm

I'm glad to hear a couple of positive reactions from my part, especially what people over said the last couple of weeks, I took them onboard :D

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 21, '13, 2:53 pm

First off I just wanna say that I'm really proud of everybody, this was the best show we've done so far and truly PCW at its finest. Great work all around. Fucking awesome job, everybody! :tim

I'm going to list my 3 breakout stars of this week:

1. Nick Foster. Prophet said talking was never the strong side of his game or something along those lines, but you couldn't tell that with this promo. Foster is one of the group of people we have that are just on the cusp of the main event.

2. Magnum Phillips. Does it surprise anyone that he had a great debut? The arrogance, toying with Hypeman, getting a shot at the crowd, all that was done to perfection. This is going to be one of the best characters we have, no doubt about it. Getting a Stone Cold vibe from this guy, and the no-nonsense asskicker fits in well in the environment of PCW.

3. Zaid. I've seen a lot of improvement from Zaid in just 3 shows. At first I wasn't too sure how far he could go with a former film star gimmick, but I think putting him in a feud with Valentino and Gia was really the perfect fit for Zaid. Plus jdd123 has been one of PCW's biggest supporters, always posting and really taking advantage of the PCW Youtube thing we hyped to get Zaid over. For all these reasons I felt it was fitting to have him start the giant brawl by attacking Kaiser and Daz.

Match wise I think this was our strongest show as well. Barry and Gryphon impressed me with their match, and having Omega and Hess there only added to the atmosphere and made the match better than it would have been if only Gryphon and Barry were out there. Impressive showing for both of those guys. Then you had the tag match, which needless to day was great since Daz wrote it. You know what, I'm getting the urge to book Daz vs a Broomstick just to see how Daz is going to churn out a 10 page psychological clinic. Anyway the tag match hit all the notes it needed to. Neo Runway Chic is getting better and better, but will it be enough to beat the Brothers Comeau? These teams will soon collide.

I am thrilled with the feedback for the Hess/Barry vs Omega/Gryphon story so far. It's only been 3 weeks and look at all the stuff that's happened in the feud so far: Hess tried to get Gryphon to join him and Gryphon refused, Ted Barry returned and the Disciples reunited, then Gryphon got kidnapped and Omega was forced to come out of retirement. And trust me, it's going to get even better next week. This whole feud is proof that all you need for a successful rivalry is characters who are truly invested in what is going on. You can really put yourself in the shoes of Gryphon or Omega and understand what they are going through, trying to combat a religious lunatic like Hess. I think one day we may be looking back at Hess as one of the greatest heels in sim fed history. He's just pure fucking evil, yet he has his set of ideals and believes in what he is doing. And I really see a bright future for Ted Barry as well. Right now he's doing a great job filling his role as Hess's right hand, but seeing how much he's improved since his early days of WCSF really makes me confident that he will have a successful solo career when he eventually goes off on his own.

HFX did a tremendous job this week as well. The way I see the PCW roster right now, you've got the former champions like Daz and Kaiser at the top of the pyramid, then the group of guys just waiting to break out into the main even like Foster, Omega, Hess and Miller, and then a group of really promising newcomers like Zaid, Magnum Phillips, and Ryan Haynes.

Speaking of improvement, I have to mention Drake Bernard. I thought his promo really hit all the right notes this week, finding a good balance between the rich asshole gimmick and the random cuss words that are vintage Bernard.

Can't wait to read what we've got planned for Foster vs Miller next week. I think Miller's character change is working out great so far, and he hasn't even spoken yet. When Miller was in WCSF it was pretty easy for him to get lost in the shuffle with a lot of arrogant heels like Cavanah, Devine, Morgan, and a bunch of others. But in PCW it's going to be so much easier for him to stand out as one of our 3 biggest heels along with Kaiser and Hess. Miller is the only dark character on the roster right now, and the sense of mystery and intrigue that has surrounded him lately is going to build nicely into where he's going.

I think what The Master needs is direction. I still feel like Enygma doesn't know who the character is, so the way to go from here is to book Master in a feud with somebody, and hopefully that will give him something to talk about and he can expand his character from there. The match accomplished what it needed to, although I would have preferred you give the jobber a more creative/funny name than just "Jobber", but that's just me.

Escalation match is going to be epic. We have a good sense of how it's going to be written. I don't think it's going to be very difficult to write.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby HardcoreLegend » Nov 21, '13, 5:39 pm

I really enjoyed the introduction to Magnum Phillips. Obviously there were some issues on getting the segment finished but to be honest, I don't think it would've done the segment any harm for it t just finish with Phillips getting away with bullying Hypeman. Shame we didn't get to see the debut of the other character.

I feel like there needs to be more fun put into these tag team matches. We get a glimpse of the silly jobber gimmick, but not a lot is really done with it during the match, it tends to go down a more serious route... Apart from having guest commentary.

I didn't know if "The Jobber" was done on purpose or not, then realised that it probably wasn't. The match itself was full of short sentences, tip for the future, connectives and commas could come in handy.

Two segments with golf clubs this week? Presuming that was unintentional.

The main event was decent, I just thought the ending of the match seemed a little rushed. One moment it seemed like Zaid was at one point and then he was at a complete other.

I like the fact we are going with a battle royal. It's something you never see done in e.feds because its just too hard to organise. I look forward to seeing how the mods have planned to get this all written without exposing too much to other participants. Maybe it will be split into 3 or 4 different sections with some designated writers? My only complaint about the match is that there isn't really anything special to set it apart from the Royal Rumble.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby Everlong » Nov 21, '13, 10:50 pm

The Hand of Hess - I love me some Omega, but I'm not sure he's the kind of guy to bust out a big word like "sanctimonious" :lol. That being said, this was a really solid way to start off the show, and it seems like HFX has gotten even better in his promo writing in PCW. The Gryphon accent was quite a bit easier to read this week. Hess and Barry's stuff was excellent as well. Hess is so sure about his path, and I love the way that he said he only answers to himself (not even to God - a big distinction for his character that makes him an even bigger hypocrite).

Barry vs. Gryphon - The action of the match was solid, good back and forth stuff, but I'd like to see a bit more crowd interaction and storytelling/investment on the part of the announcers. That's the difference between a good match and a great one. I like that Gryphon has a couple similar moves to Omega, that really solidifies the whole mentor/student relationship they've got going on. I dig his moveset overall actually, some solid stuff. Good showing for Barry in defeat as well. Nice way to open the show.

Enough is Enough - Not sure how much interaction Daz and Foster ever had in WCSF, but it's kind of cool seeing them together here as suddenly Foster finds himself one of the senior members of this locker room along with Daz. Interesting stuff here, and a good way to further the story by having them guess over the motivations of Miller. That actually does a lot to help the transformation of Miller's character as well, because we've even got guys remarking on the sudden difference in their segment. Some good booking and writing.

Magnum - Thanks for the comments so far guys, I wish Brett would have been able to finish his part, but I'd have felt really weird writing for a character in his debut. I feel that Brett should have the chance to get to establish his character before anyone else writes for him.

Neo Runway Chic vs. The Misfits - PARTS UNKNOWN! Awww yiss :lol. Also, I love the little characterization going on with Adrian Dale, and Chambers and Brody not approving of his dancing. Great stuff, haha. It's a cool little story in their replacement of Daniels. Crystal Bahl... groooooan :P. Excellent action as you would always expect from a Daz-written match, but it's the characterization of Dale that's really sticking out to me throughout this entire thing. I can just picture him giddily jumping up and down, beating his chest, super eager to get into the match to try and make an impression. It's hilarious. Also, I thought this part of the commentary was excellent:

Cage: Calvin, Carter, are you prepared for that kind of unique offense from Dean Brody?

Calvin: Yeah, I'd think so. I mean, Dean's a crafty guy, but we can think on our feet just as well.

Carter: Sure. You've got to take into account that Dean has experience, and with experience comes a bit of routine.

Alex: That's an interesting take.

Calvin: You play enough of a game, you figure out what works for you. Which character, class, weapon choice, you know what you deal with.

Carter: But the consequence is that if people watch you enough, they figure out how to exploit your comfort zone.

This was outstanding for several different reasons. One, it highlights a key aspect of Brody's character in that he's the experienced member of Team Catwalk, which despite what he and Chambers think, may not actually play in their advantage when paired with the newcomer Dale. Two, it's a great way of taking the storyline of this feud and explaining it in a way that strongly reflects the Brothers' characters. Last show I thought they came off a bit hokey, but this week they were able to deliver a line like that that helped further establish their characters without resorting to corniness. Great stuff.

Anyway, a really solid match, although probably rather long for a match vs. a team that's not going to be sticking around, but at this point I'd never bother telling Daz to trim down his writing :lol

Face of the Phoenix - Pretty decent promo here from Knight, although I'm worried we may have one too many characters going the "unstable" route, given that we have Miller going nuts and Kaiser being Kaiser already. However, I'm all for Knight taking a temporary stride down the path of instability if it only means that he's doing whatever necessary to match the mindset of these guys.

Strike Three - Damn, there were some beatings in here. I'd still like a little bit of explanation as to why Miller is suddenly the way he is, but I'm sure that's yet to come. Certainly interesting having him in segments where he DOESN'T speak, but it's been pretty effective. Excellent segment, Foster came out looking like a badass and the development of Miller's character continues.

Not So Secret Admirer - I hope Taj is reading this, he's finally got his creeper angle going :lol. Seriously though, this was actually hilarious. I love that not only does Zaid give her flowers and all that, but also a ton of pictures of himself... masterful :lol. And the reactions by Johnny were priceless as well. The only thing I might have done differently is have Gia actually be somewhat flattered by the gesture... it might do even more to build up the tension in Johnny and have him want to beat down Zaid even more than before. But, I trust that ya'll know where this is going better than I do :P

Missing in Action - Cmon Omega, art thou thine brother's keeper? Why so worried?

THE MASTAH - I'd like to see the jobber at least have a name, but that's a minor quip. Short and sweet here, a good way to debut. I kind of thought it was cool that The Master wound up being short for his name... Jack Masterson isn't the most memorable name (which is ironic, considering he told us to remember it) but the Master alias will help. The only thing is we still don't really have much of a sense of the gimmick of the character. But, we got a little bit of development here so at least we're on our way.

The Player - Ah, more golf! I didn't realize Drake Bernard was called "The Player" now, but granted this is only my second show back. Although I shudder to think of the greenskeepers that would allow such scantily clad women on their course :P. Gormless billy no-mates munter... what?! lmao. And he's rich now? Well that's a shift, but he played off the character well, so as long as he remains consistent with it I think it could work.

Prairie Storm Brewing - HFX is getting a lot of work in on this show! Something tells me that Omega taking the Lord's name in vain would make Hess hurry on out, but apparently not ;) Awesome promo setting up the big handicap next week, I'm pumped for that one. Great work by HFX/BSM/ShaneO on this show.

Zaid vs. Sato - "It's ok buddy, they all know who I am..." lmao, I actually laughed out loud at that. So good. I'm so much more sold on Zaid this week than I was last week, he's just hilarious. "The beautiful princess of PCW... I hope youre watching wherever you are babes." bahahaha. As great as Zaid is speaking and in segments, I'd like to see that character shine through more in matches. Just go over the top with him, make him a total ham. I think this is the kind of character that lends itself to that sort of thing, so just have a blast with it. Give him more swagger and arrogance in between moves, and even with the selection of moves that he chooses. That same swagger and arrogance could even become his fatal flaw, with opponents taking advantage of it to put him on the ropes. You get me... you can play with that. Just right now, the big character that he has isn't as evident when he's fighting. You played that up a bit later on but I'd like to see it more consistent. As for Sato, not entirely sure what to think about him yet. He doesn't have as strong/definable a character, but it's probably nice for ShaneO to have a character with a totally different moveset. Anyway, nice little segment afterwards to tie things up. I'm going to reiterate what I said before, because especially after this promo, I think it'd be awesome if Gia actually starts to warm up to Zaid a bit just to add a bit more heat to this feud. Obviously she doesn't have to wind up with Zaid in the end, but it could be a fun thing.

The Levee Breaks - That Escalation Match sounds sweet, but my goodness am I glad I'm not a moderator right now as the logistics for it would probably be a huge pain in the ass :lol. Still though, I like it. Something new and a great way to crown a first champion. Also, Kaiser's part was fantastic, and the decision to put him first in the match is SO great. Excellent booking. Kaiser gets to talk about how he's getting screwed and get even more heat, and it's an awesome way to build up anticipation for the match as everyone will be wondering how long Kaiser can last. The Kaiser/Daz confrontation was AWESOME and makes me wish that I'd been able to book a feud between them in WCSF .The insinuation by Kaiser that he's not responsible for Miller's attacks was interesting. If true, it really makes me wonder what Miller's motivations are. I highly doubt that Foster/Daz segment was just a red herring to make us think he's working for someone, so it seems to me that either Kaiser is lying or Miller is working with someone other than Cavanah.

The huge brawl at the end was fucking epic. It was kind of predictable, especially once Zaid rushed in, but it was so well done that that didn't hurt it at all. Really made me pumped for the PPV and the Escalation match. Also, it was kind of silly for me to see Magnum get his in-ring debut in a huge brawl, glad nobody knocked him to the turf yet :P Seriously though, awesome way to end the show.

_______

SOOOOO here are my big winners/takeaways for the week:

1. Zaid, and the Zaid/Johnny story. That segment was gold all three characters have a lot of potential. Looking forward to seeing where that all heads.
2. The HFX/ShaneO/BSM threesome. You guys had so much to do on this show and nailed it all, so you deserve some props.
3. Escalation match. I didn't expect to get something on this show that really got me pumped to see where things are going (before reading this I was still kind of in the "eh sure, I suppose I'll come back to sim fedding" stage), but now I'm stoked. Looking forward to seeing how that match turns out and how long Kaiser winds up going in it.

Nice work everyone!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby prophet » Nov 22, '13, 9:51 am

Hand of Hess - First and foremost Gryphon's dialogue was a lot better this week. He no longer reminds me of Steve Martin in the Pink Panther so that's a positive to start the show on haha. "I do as I please because I know that it's the Lord's will" - that was such a great line and really tells you all you need to know about the character of Hess. Amos pretty much has the mindset of a terrorist but he's so sure and certain in his actions that he's probably the most dangerous man in PCW. Nice little foreshadowing with Hess provoking Omega. I love that Barry is back at Hess' side - not only for the character but for BSM as a writer, who continues to improve and develop his character at ShaneO's side. It's a great pairing and this feud is on fire.

Gryphon vs Barry - This match had a fair bit of back and forth momentum shifting which isn't a bad thing at all, though I'd have liked to see Barry dominate for a bit early on before Gryphon fought his way back into it. Gryphon seems to have all the power and force of Omega but, to me at least, he's a lot more agile and can do those dynamic things that Omega never could (maybe I'm wrong on that though). Another little thing I really liked that may not really get noticed is how Hess tried to get into the ring right after the match was over, only to be cut off by the Buffalo. Big win for Gryphon but again, the fact it didn't seem to bother the Disciples is scary.

Enough is Enough - Nice to see interaction between Foster and Daz, they're of a similar mould these days. I have to admit I'm enjoying writing for one of the senior characters in the fed, it's something that only comes with time and Daz is very much the perfect example of that, would love some more interactions between the two.

New Blood - Pretty straight-forward introduction to Magnum Phillips. He's an ass-kicker, plain and simple. Already I can see some pretty violent programmes in store for the character, a feud with Omega jumps off the page from the off. I think you may have gotten the commentator dynamics confused though - I think Alex is the straight-woman and Cage is the heel-lover or maybe I've gotten that wrong. CRAIG! :lol Craig is back! Instantly hate-able character that I look forward to seeing more from. Shame we couldn't see any of Brett's new guy but that'll come in time so no biggie.

NRC vs Misfits - God's favourite wrestler :lol I'm pretty sure Amos Hess and Ted Barry would disagree with this. I can't really gush about NRC/Daz any more to be honest so I'll keep it simple and pretty much repeat what I picked up on last week in that the story going on with NRC is brilliant. The dynamic between Dale and Brody is causing some tension and it's something completely unique to the rest of the show. The match was great as is to be expected, the Comeau's added their brand of personality to proceedings as always. Melissa Chambers is a boss.

Face of the Pheonix - Meh I'm not completely sold on Knight yet. I said last week that I'm finding him too similar to both Miller and in many ways Hess. I'm still reserving judgement on the character because we haven't actually seen anything from him yet other than these promos. I'm looking forward to seeing him do something, have some interaction with anyone or wrestle a match. Hopefully that happens next week.

Strike Three - Don't ask me why I chose to use a Golf Club. Foster likes Golf and had one handy, K?!

Not so secret admirer - Nicely written backstage segment that made me love Zaid more :lol Trying to impress Gia by showing off photos of him with Samuel L. Jackson and Morgan Freeman haha that was great. Now he's mentioned it I agree with Tim in that it could be interesting to see Gia actually seem flattered by all the attention she's getting from Zaid.

Continuing to enjoy the commercials you keep on inserting, a welcome addition to the show

Missing in Action - Not sure why Omega flipped out as much as he did but I get that as the mentor figure he's naturally worried. Hess is mental.

The Master vs The Jobber - I'd have preferred you to make up a random name for the squash match, using 'The Jobber' takes away from your own character in my opinion but it's not a major issue. Impressive debut from the Master who won in like a minute :lol It might have been good for Master to get some more offence in to really show us what he can but nonetheless, a win's a win! We now know he has a name - Jack Masterson, but that's all he said? I can't help feeling like you're not sure what you want to do with your character and neither do the mods really. It's a tough scenario to be in, have you thought about perhaps bringing another character in and forming a tag team?

The Player - If I'd have known Bernard was going to be playing Golf on the show I'd have used a Cricket bat to attack Miller with haha. Not sure I enjoyed Foster being called a 'gormless billy-no-mates munter' but I suppose I can skip past that bit :lol Bumblefucks :lmao I'm not really sure what I can say about Drake Bernard. I honestly find him one of the most entertaining parts of the show, he's fucking hilarious and I'm not totally show whether he means to be or not. This laid back attitude he has now is a lot better than generic evil guy.

Prairie Storm Brewing - I'm confused again, is Alex the heel-empathising commentator? I coulda sworn that was Cage's role! Loved this segment. It reminded me of the feud between the Mafia and the Yakuza's when Foster, Evans and Amen battered Murukami and even hit Kuri with a chair...nostalgia! Anyway I digress, I'm not sure Hess knows what he's getting himself into. Looking forward to seeing the in-ring return of Omega but I can't see him overcoming the numbers game on his own.

Zaid vs Sato - Nice match that had some well-written spots. I do think the count-out from the ref happened a little too early into the match but that's just me nit-picking. I'd still like to see more from Sato, I sort of feel like he's the new character we know least about despite him being in the main event. Zaid's mic-work before and after the match was hilarious and he's fast becoming my favourite newcomer. He's really gotten under Valentino's skin and like I've mentioned it'd be great to see Gia actually respond positively to him.

The Levee Breaks - The Escalation match should be good fun if not murderous to write, looking forward too it though. Good job by Burke making Kaiser the first entrant, it's about time that little shit got what was coming to him! :tim He's been running his mouth for weeks and now it seems he'll regret his actions...or maybe not to be honest I still wouldn't rule him out of winning the whole damn match. Daz following up on his suspicions about Miller and Kaiser seemed to hit a brick wall when Kaiser denied being affiliated with him but I wouldn't rule it out yet. The way I see it Spencer Miller is definitely taking orders from someone, be it Kaiser or someone we've not even met yet. I'm delighted Foster got to hit the FCC on Bernard, cheers lads :lol Total anarchy to close the show made for class reading, looking forward to next week.

All in all terrific show, certainly agree that it's the best thus far. Roll on next week!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 22, '13, 2:23 pm

There seems to be concern about how we're going to handle the Escalation match, and rightfully so.

What we were thinking was, we split the match into segments instead of waiting for everyone to pass along their part, because that's going to take ages. So, lets say Prophet and SKS write entrances #10 through #14 or something. They receive a PM telling them who's already in the ring, and who eliminates who during their segment. We establish a short page limit between each entrant, maybe 1 page or a page and a half. I think 2 pages would be a little much, because then the match would be somewhere around 50 pages. Show 3 was 54, not including the Credits and Quick Results.

When Escalation gets closer we're going to post a topic with the official writing guidelines for the match, but I just wanted to put this in here so people get an idea of what we had planned and give us their thoughts on it.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Nov 22, '13, 2:41 pm

^That sounds reasonable. I'd just suggest that the mods take a very close look once the whole thing is in to make sure there's some consistency with injuries/storylines/commentary etc. Cus let's say Kaiser tweaks his knee in the opening segment, the people writing segment four aren't necessarily going to be aware of that since they're not seeing earlier portions of the match.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 22, '13, 5:13 pm

By the way, what the heck is a "gormless billy-no-mates munter"? :lol

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby HardcoreLegend » Nov 22, '13, 9:05 pm

Dunno if its an English/British thing... But I know exactly what that expression means!!

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)