It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 3:37 pm

New Match Concepts?

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

New Match Concepts?

Postby HardcoreLegend » Nov 04, '13, 8:33 am

Back in WCSF we had a couple of match concepts which we decent and some even became traditions (Dome of Doom, Gold Rush etc) so I was wondering, will any of those eventually turn in in PCW?

As much as I enjoyed those matches, I think it would be nice to come up with something new for PCW, that being said, I know how hard it can be to think of something just like that.

Any gimmick matches, old or new, that you'd like to see happen in PCW?

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 50

Re: New Match Concepts?

Postby prophet » Nov 04, '13, 9:42 am

I'd hope Dome of Doom is retired now unless the participants were two long-time rivals from the WCSF. I always enjoyed the Gold Rush concept so I'd welcome something like that coming back sometime in the future.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HFX » Nov 04, '13, 1:57 pm

prophet wrote:I'd hope Dome of Doom is retired now unless the participants were two long-time rivals from the WCSF. I always enjoyed the Gold Rush concept so I'd welcome something like that coming back sometime in the future.

Sounds like the perfect way to send both Omega and Daz out of the sim world and fully bring an end to the OLLLLLLDDDDD guard.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » Nov 04, '13, 2:44 pm

LADDERCAGE!!!! :tim

But for real, maybe not even so much a match gimmick as like a structure or something. Sort of like how we had the Battlefield tournament in WCSF... some sort of tournament or event that becomes a PCW staple.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 04, '13, 3:09 pm

All sorts of new objects will be placed on poles.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 04, '13, 3:39 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:All sorts of new objects will be placed on poles.

I'll break the announcement...

At our first PPV the main event will be a poll on a poll match.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby HFX » Nov 04, '13, 4:07 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:LADDERCAGE!!!! :tim

But for real, maybe not even so much a match gimmick as like a structure or something. Sort of like how we had the Battlefield tournament in WCSF... some sort of tournament or event that becomes a PCW staple.

International Cup: A tournament that takes place between wrestlers of different nationalities. Only one wrestler from each country can participate and the winner gets a title match? There could be matches to qualify and those with no fellow countrymen are at an advantage. Maybe each round has a different match them the participants must follow. Something like submission match, hardcore match, maybe even a regular match :o.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby JDD » Nov 04, '13, 5:38 pm

Ive always wanted a TLC in a cage match.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 04, '13, 6:59 pm

HFX wrote:

International Cup: A tournament that takes place between wrestlers of different nationalities. Only one wrestler from each country can participate and the winner gets a title match? There could be matches to qualify and those with no fellow countrymen are at an advantage. Maybe each round has a different match them the participants must follow. Something like submission match, hardcore match, maybe even a regular match :o.

I like this. A more unique way to go about the usual tournament.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby prophet » Nov 04, '13, 7:19 pm

Didn't TNA use to do something like that? I'm sure they had a World Cup thing going on and they had the awesome Team Canada! Something like that in PCW could be great. Team UK vs Team USA vs Team Canada vs Rest of World?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Nov 04, '13, 7:29 pm

With the international aspect to it (which is a cool idea) I'd drop the match stipulations. No point in making it more complicated than it needs to be. A good old fashioned wrestling tournament between people from different countries to decide which country is best.

Don't do ladder cage and you'll have one up on WCSF. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 04, '13, 7:59 pm

Hanley! wrote:With the international aspect to it (which is a cool idea) I'd drop the match stipulations. No point in making it more complicated than it needs to be. A good old fashioned wrestling tournament between people from different countries to decide which country is best.

I'll go to my grave thinking the Jailbreak match was a good idea and that match was awesome.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby prophet » Nov 04, '13, 8:09 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Hanley! wrote:With the international aspect to it (which is a cool idea) I'd drop the match stipulations. No point in making it more complicated than it needs to be. A good old fashioned wrestling tournament between people from different countries to decide which country is best.

I'll go to my grave thinking the Jailbreak match was a good idea and that match was awesome.

I was waiting for this! :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '13, 9:46 am

Str8Shooter wrote:

YES :tim

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Nov 05, '13, 1:07 pm

prophet wrote:Didn't TNA use to do something like that? I'm sure they had a World Cup thing going on and they had the awesome Team Canada! Something like that in PCW could be great. Team UK vs Team USA vs Team Canada vs Rest of World?

Ya I kinda used the World X Cup as inspiration because it used to be awesome. It wasn't single elimination like I was thinking though. Each team participated in a series of matches for points. They had like teams(USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, UK) of 4-5 and whichever team finished with the most points won the World X Cup. The 1st one was the best one back in 2004.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Nov 05, '13, 1:51 pm

There was a gimmick match in SOS I always liked. The High Society Gauntlet. It was essentially a triple threat match, when one person was defeated, another wrestler entered. there were usually six spots in the match and the winner got a world title shot.

I was never much a fan of over complicating, putting ladder matches inside cages etc. keep it simple.

I must say I like the idea of an international competition. could lead to some fun pairings like foster and daz joining forces for the pride of their country, neo runway chic being from the fashion capital of the world, claiming to be a nation all of their own etc.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Buck » Dec 22, '13, 4:48 pm

Daz wrote:There was a gimmick match in SOS I always liked. The High Society Gauntlet. It was essentially a triple threat match, when one person was defeated, another wrestler entered. there were usually six spots in the match and the winner got a world title shot.

That sounds like a great idea. Whoever came up with it must be a genius ;)

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Postby Daz » Dec 22, '13, 5:00 pm

Buck wrote:
Daz wrote:There was a gimmick match in SOS I always liked. The High Society Gauntlet. It was essentially a triple threat match, when one person was defeated, another wrestler entered. there were usually six spots in the match and the winner got a world title shot.

you did let BFF win it once though ... which may have been a mistake. you have no earthly idea how many promos and matches i had to cut the words "poofter" and "nut'z" from.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby HFX » Dec 22, '13, 5:08 pm

Daz wrote:
Buck wrote:

you did let BFF win it once though ... which may have been a mistake. you have no earthly idea how many promos and matches i had to cut the words "poofter" and "nut'z" from.

Shoulda been Omega who won. SOS needed more Omega at the top :tim

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Dec 22, '13, 5:23 pm

HFX wrote:
Daz wrote:
Buck wrote:

Shoulda been Omega who won. SOS needed more Omega at the top :tim

very true. still my favourite title defence.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Next

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)