It is currently: May 04, '24, 7:10 am

Top 5 matches involving your character

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Top 5 matches involving your character

Postby JDD » Apr 02, '14, 5:46 pm

What are the matches involving your charcters that you enjoyed the most? I dont think Zaid has even had 5 matches yet :lol but writing my first singles PPV match vs Valentino at Oblivion was fun. I thought it came out good for a short match. Also writing my part in the Escalation match was really fun.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 78

Re: Top 5 matches involving your character

Postby HFX » Apr 02, '14, 6:06 pm

This was tough to nail down but these are probably the 5 matches I most remember Omega for.

1) Omega vs Daz for the SOS World Title in a British Rules match.

2) Supreme Thunder vs Team Catwalk in a Two Out Of Three Falls match

3) Omega vs Delroy Andrews

4) Omega(Hardcore) vs JLO(World) in a Champion vs Champion match

5) Omega vs Spencer Miller vs Sean Knight for the vacant International title

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 02, '14, 6:18 pm

In no particular order:

- Kaiser Cavanah vs Desmond Frazier, WCSF Wednesday Night Warzone
- Kaiser Cavanah vs Shane Evans, WCSF Revolution 6
- Kaiser Cavanah vs Daz, PCW Oblivion 2014
- Kaiser Cavanah vs Johnny Briggs, WCSF Annihilation 2011
- Kaiser Cavanah vs Dylan Kyle, WCSF Battlefield 2011

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Apr 02, '14, 6:51 pm

I can't remember the PPV's at this point, but...

SCS vs TC
Johnny U vs Bale
Johnny U vs Sam Silver
Johnny U vs Sam Silver II
And of course... Gabriel Reece vs Ace.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Apr 02, '14, 9:49 pm

Difficult for me to narrow it down to five, but I'll try:

HONORABLE MENTION: David Logan vs. Dynamite, Unsanctioned Fight, Meltdown 2008 - Gonna go ahead and add one here despite only being limited to five. This was the pinnacle of David Logan's first brief heel run just before he retired from singles competition. This was probably the most brutal match I've ever written (even having written a couple DoDs) and there are two spots I'll forever be proud of: David Logan ripping out Dynamite's stitches at one point in the match, and then the Finale off a ladder onto the concrete in the parking lot to pick up the victory. Just some realllll nasty stuff.

5. Andrew Logan vs. Daz, WCSF Mayhem at some point in 2011 - I think this was really the first match that legitimized Andrew Logan as being able to hang with the top competition in the WCSF. It was also the first time I'd ever written anything with Daz, and the way that he put Logan over in this match even though Logan wound up on the losing end was really awesome and did a ton for the character.

4. Andrew Logan vs. Desmond Frazier, Wednesday Night Warzone 2012 - I wish Taj had been able to write this match with me, because if he had it probably would have wound up being my favorite of all time. The way this match went, with Alexa being the special guest referee and all the rules basically being thrown out the window, the inner storyline with Alexa and Frazier and Alexa reconciling with her brother, I think this is probably the best writing I've ever done in a match. But like I said, I can't fairly count it to be my top one, because Taj wasn't able to write with me and I think he could have helped make it even better.

3. Andrew Logan vs. Johnny Devine vs. Mark Thomas, WCSF Meltdown 2012 - It was a blast to be able to work with these guys in a triple threat and Andrew's first title defense (I was really fortunate to have a run of a lot of great, fun stuff in a row in 2012). Andrew was playing a brand new heelish character and he got to pull of the sneaky, cheap victory at the end, but the action throughout this was a whole lot of fun.

2. Andrew Logan vs. Johnny Devine, WCSF Supernova 2012 - This was the pay per view before Revolution VI. Andrew finally got his crack at Johnny Devine, who put his dad out of commission for a year in the leadup to Revolution IV. It was a great underdog battle, and Devine's recent history as having briefly (and reluctantly) teamed up with the Logans as part of Team USA made this one have a solid backstory as well.

1. Sinistra vs. Daz, WCSF Revolution VI - This match was such a fitting cap to this particular feud, with Sinistra unleashing the beast once again and the whole question about Sinistra's loyalties up in the air. The story we were able to tell with the match was unique and challenging and just a lot of fun, and I think it was a showstealer.

There are a couple matches that I used to count among my favorites that I can't any more because they just haven't stood up as well over time. Those are David Logan/Chris Cameron at Nothing To Lose 2006 in a Ladder Match for the WCSF Championship, and Executioner/Sinistra at Meltdown 2008 in a steel cage. The Logan/Cameron one is one I'd love to just re-write because the moment completely defined everything that the character of David Logan was about: coming so, SO close to the top, yet ultimately falling short in his final chance ever at the title (and only chance, while he was in the WCSF).

Other personal favorites that would fall just outside my top five:

David Logan vs. Alex Morgan, Wednesday Night Warzone 2012
Sinistra vs. Johnny Briggs in the Dome of Doom, Meltdown (Or Annihilation?) 2009
Sinistra vs. Brian Davis vs. The Executioner, forget which PPV in 2008, Dome of Doom Triple Threat for the WCSF Unleashed Championship
David and Andrew Logan vs. Dynamite and Alex Morgan, WCSF Revolution VI
Sinistra vs. Bale, WCSF Revolution V
Sinistra vs. Nick Foster, WCSF Meltdown 2012
Andrew Logan vs. Kaiser Cavanah, Jailbreak Ladder Match for the International Title, WCSF Hacked 2011

Ok I've listed way more than five, thank you for letting me indulge myself.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Daz » Apr 03, '14, 1:10 am

5. Daz vs. Johnny Devine – Wednesday Night Warzone, 2010
This was a tough call, cause I think the Annihilation match with Devine a few years later is technically better, but I do have a soft spot for this one. It includes my favourite Daz spot of all time, where his hands are tied behind his back, and he rolls back, slithering through Devine’s legs before proceeding to take Johnny to school using only headbutts and kicks. This also ends with the Ex run in that begins my favourite Daz feud of all time, so it has that going for it as well.

4. Daz vs. Omega – The Great White North, 2010
I’d made the mistake of making every SOS World Title match British Rules/ Moutevan’s Rules as I took over booking for SOS. It was a gimmick I always liked being a British wrestling fan and had handled before quite poorly whilst SOS International champion. With a little more experience I wanted another shot at it, this time with the added benefit of Daz being a heel, he’d be able to try and work around the rules. Unfortunately being two or three deep at this point, I was running thin on ideas. Luckily I had a character like Omega, who Daz had history with as former stablemates to build on instead. I didn’t know when we started to write this how it was gonna go, but the deeper and deeper we got, I realized that this was something petty special as far as title defences go. I think this is the best I’ve ever captured a crowd, set in front of Omega’s hometown fans, begging him to dethrone the champion. The match has some really strange little stories going on throughout. I think we had a whole round where Omega has Daz in a headlock and Daz can’t escape. The final stretch is insane and this is actually where I started taking the Great British Cloverleaf seriously as a finishing move.

3. Daz vs. Mike Maverick, Battlefield Final, 2010
Again this was a tough call between the Battlefield final and the Revolution V Main Event. I think this one had a better story built into it. After going through Foster and Jordan, Daz could barely stand on his injured leg. Maverick took full advantage. This had great psychology, is when Daz started to look like a beast in terms of what he could survive and come back from, which in hindsight was the perfect setup for the Executioner Last Man Standing Match and the title run that followed Revolution. It was just a really damn good match and the first sort of big match I got to write with Hanley (I think we’d had some tag matches before this)

2. Daz vs. Mark Thomas (British Rules), Supernova 2012
This is one of those matches I never expected to happen and something that came up and worked perfectly. I think it was Tim who inquired about British Rules and if I thought we could do it to top off the Thomas/Daz saga. This was an interesting feud to write in, as it wasn’t ever really about Daz or Mark Thomas but everything happening around them. Then it began to get more and more personal when Logan orchestrated the end of Daz’s title run at Wednesday Night Warzone, practically handing the belt to Daz. Then Daz had to go through the cage match with Evans and Morgan just to get this shot. I remember having to talk to Alpha quite a bit before we got this one started, making sure we had the thing mapped out so we could best play up the rules so they’d be easily understood. We were sending this back and forth the whole time whilst writing and once Alpha found his rhythm, we were able to deliver a match better than the two or so we’d had before it. Still stands out as one of my highlights of WCSF.

1. Daz vs. The Executioner, WCSF Annihilation, 2010
Nothing was gonna top this. Again, a tough decision between this and the second match we had. Whilst the second match has my favourite Daz moment of all time (Rising up, covered in blood, laughing in Ex’s face because he knows Ex will never keep him down for the ten count) I think this was the better match all around. I remember writing this and having the idea I wanted Daz’s leg to get hurt. I wanted to write it like it was an accident, like it was an unplanned part of the match. So for the first half, Ex works Daz’s arm which was hurt during the Outland feud a year and a half earlier. I’d been writing people targeting Daz’s arm for so long I needed to change it up. These two characters, and obviously myself and Taj just had incredible chemistry writing together and this felt like the first big opportunity I had in WCSF. The finish with Ex putting Daz in the Cloverleaf until he passes out was the first time I’d done that and was a fitting way to end things. I know some people said Daz should have tapped to Kaiser at the end of Oblivion, but I’ll take responsibility and say the finish as is was my idea, as a sort of homage to this match.

Honourable Mentions
Daz vs. Kai Sears, British Rose Title – IOW Path to Immortality, 2007
Daz vs. The Buck – SOS High Society, 2009
The Empire (Daz & Matt Sears) vs. Los Luchadores – SOS Breaking Borders, 2010
The Empire (Daz & Matt Sears) vs. Josh Outland & The Buck – SOS In the Trenches, 2010.
Daz vs. Andrew Logan, Mayhem, 2011
Daz vs. The Executioner, Last Man Standing – WCSF Nothing to Lose, 2010
Daz vs. Alex Morgan – Wednesday Night Warzone, 2011
Daz vs. Kaiser Cavanah, PCW Oblivion – This would be my number 6.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Daz » Apr 03, '14, 1:58 am

5. Team Catwalk vs. Flux (Cage Match) – IOW Summer Fallout II, 2008
A feud ender inside a steel cage. These two teams had been rivals for the better part of a year and a half and this was gonna settle the score once and for all. There were some really fun spots throughout, Melissa inevitably trying to get involved and getting her just desserts, as she always does in these sorts of matches. Just a great way to end the chapter on this rivalry, and on T.C’s first ever tag title reign.

4. Team Catwalk vs. The Sin City Saints – WCSF Revolution V, 2011
I believe T.C lost the titles in this match as well. This match felt like a reward of sorts, the payoff to what I’d been working towards, and the other writers who joined me, in helping rebuild the tag division. Team Catwalk Was one of the few tag teams around, perhaps even the only tag team at a certain point. I made it my mission during this time to do for tag teams what the mods had done for the women’s division. The match itself was really fun from top to bottom. I think we had a damn good follow up match the Mayhem after this as well, that easily could have ranked ahead of this. There was also a spot in this match I used in every subsequent match we had (The Enzuigiri before the T.C Big Swing/Dropkick combo, into the Inside Cradle) together.

3. Team Catwalk vs. Joey Demise & Phoenix – SOS From the Ashes, 2009
This was a tricky one to pick as there were several matches floating around my head for this spot. I think I had to go with this one, because it was the only time these two teams got to face one another. Demise & Phoenix were kind of an SOS stalwart and I’d only gotten to work with the writer one time, way back in 2006. This kind of kick started the T.C we know today in terms of style. During the IOW run, I’d started to figure out a little more of how to portray these two, their move sets and how they worked together. It was just a really polished match and after this, I just felt so on when it came to writing for T.C. that translated into WCSF and continued in SOS and has probably made Team Catwalk the most successful sim team of all time.

2. Team Catwalk vs. Los Luchadores – SOS High Society, 2009
Another match in which Team Catwalk lost the tag titles. This was the first time writing a tag match with saucernips and his team Los Luchadores. We had a whole feud mapped out in his heads, little of which would come to fruition, but we were damn sure gonna start out the right way. This was just a really good match and was a sign of things to come really, when putting these four characters together. I believe it was the first time he got to win any sort of title with any of his characters too, so it was nice to be able to drop the titles to him especially.

1. Team Catwalk vs. Los Luchadores, Luchas de Apuestas – SOS Great White North, 2010
As soon as Los Luchadores arrived in SOS, it seemed obvious that their inevitable feud would end with Hair vs. Masks given their respective gimmicks. The feud itself had been kind of poorly handled. We had one too many matches with one another and because Daz was to win the World Title at High Society, T.C had to drop the tag titles at the same show … which didn’t make a whole lot of sense from a storyline perspective but I can understand the reasoning. Fortunately, the match itself was just balls to the wall fun. We had almost exhausted every bloody spot we could do together at this point, which led to some craziness in trying to top what came before it and some psychology playing off of previous spots. In the end T.C took the fall and Dean Brody had his head shaved. Daniels and Melissa were able to escape as Flux made their SOS debut, attacking the Luchadores, which was the first salvo in the upcoming SOS vs. IOW war.

Honourable Mentions
Team Catwalk vs. Daz & Mike Maverick – WCSF Mayhem, 2011
Team Catwalk vs. Sin City Saints – WCSF Mayhem, 2011
Team Catwalk vs. The Mafia – WCSF Wednesday Night Warzone, 2010
Team Catwalk vs. Supreme Thunder, 2 out of 3 Falls Count Anywhere – WCSF Annihilation, 2011
Team Catwalk vs. Kamikaze Strike vs. Sin City Saints vs. South American Syndicate, Tag Team Blitz – WCSF Revolution VI, 2012
Team Catwalk vs. South American Syndicate – WCSF Meltdown, 2012
Team Catwalk vs. The Mafia, Ladder Match – WCSF Final Mayhem, 2013
Team Catwalk vs. Los Luchadores, Street Fight – SOS Tensions Rising, 2009
Team Catwalk & Melissa Chambers vs. Los Luchadores & Alejandra Lopez, Lucha Rules – SOS Made in Adelaide, 2010

Last edited by Daz on Apr 05, '14, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby prophet » Apr 03, '14, 12:24 pm

In no particular order. These matches are some that I personally enjoyed involving my character for various reasons, the newer ones more down to the writing and what not whilst the older ones because they were an integral part of my character's history and were a lot of fun to be a part of even if I did suck back then hahaha.

Blair 'The Player' Trotter and Nick Foster vs Johnny 'The Gambler' Devine and Mark Thomas

This was the first 'proper' feud I'd been put in after months of nothing matches really. After Devine had split with his partner and acquired the services of highly regarded newcomer Mark Thomas, Foster stepped in to help Blair Trotter save his career. At the PPV, it was Foster that turned on Trotter and cost him the match and his career and the segment after that match remains one of my favourites to date. Devine, Thomas, Foster and Tuck Stevens dragged Trotter outside and threw him in a dumpster and The Mafia was reborn. I owe pretty much everything in my e-fed career today to The Mafia and for that reason alone this match deserves to be in my list.

The Mafia (Nick Foster and Shane Evans) vs The Yakuza's (Mishima and Murakami)

Meltdown 2009 I think this was. The Mafia was dominating the WCSF at the time and the feud between them and the Yakuza's is one of the most brutal and personal feuds I've known in all my time writing. Foster and Evans even took a steel chair to Kurisutaru at one point in the program, that's how violent it got. The match was no different, a lot of bad blood, a lot of violence and a lot of fun to write. Foster and Mishima spent a lot of the match fighting through the crowd and fell 15-feet through a table at one point in the contest. The Mafia got the win in the end though and retained the tag titles.

Nick Foster vs Spencer Miller, Last Man Standing.

I had to include this one for a number of reasons. Personally I thought this was a great match and overall the feedback it got was glowing which I'm really grateful for because I worked really hard on it and to write a match with this stipulation isn't the easiest anyway but to match the bad blood and intensity of the feud without making it a spot-fest or weapon-fest was challenging. I also think towards the end of the WCSF I was just moving up to the cusp of the main event and in PCW I certainly felt like all it needed was one more breakout performance in this match to push myself into the main event scene and I'd like to think I've done that. Lot of fun to write and I also think it did a great job of putting both guys over.

Sinistra vs Nick Foster

Another Meltdown match this time from 2012. Sinistra was Foster's first big name singles opponent and I really enjoyed this match though as the WCSF was on the decline at the time I think sadly this one is the type to get overlooked. Leading up to the match Sinistra was being controlled by The Logan's and Foster was on the rise as a babyface. This was another match where I thought I had to deliver a breakout performance and I'd like to think I did and proved I could write with the better writers properly and that my character could hang with the big dogs of WCSF. Reading this back it was a lot of fun, Foster caught Sinistra with an FCC and was the true underdog during the contest plus the ending was really cool. Sinistra hit two Epitaph's whilst being locked in a Triangle Choke then a third for good measure to put Nick down, it really put me over and I'm thankful for Tim for being one of the first people to do that. Sinistra gave Foster a nod of respect after the match which was HUGE to me - like when The Undertaker held Jeff Hardy's arm high after their match on RAW, this match helped shaped the character I have right now.

Nick Foster vs Johnny Devine

These two have so much history it seemed inevitable that they'd finally meet one-on-one one day. I'd wanted this match for a long, long time prior to it happening and myself and Goff had planned such an intricate, detailed feud later in the year for the two that will never be seen now but it was going to be amazing trust me haha. This was supposed to be just a foreshadowing match really but yeah I loved this. I've been writing with Goff for so long before this point that this was probably the match I've purely enjoyed writing the most. Another back and forth contest with the fans firmly behind Foster. I'd hold this match as another that helped mold the character I'm writing for today, Nick lost to both Sinistra and Devine but the heart he showed in both contests endeared him to the fans and he's been doing it ever since.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah that's my five, though I'm hopeful of adding a few more PCW matches to the list in a years time. I've plenty of other matches that I'd love to run through and give honorable mentions but I'd be here forever if I did that. It's been really fun going back in time and thinking about and re-reading some of my older stuff though I'm 100% a better writer now and you've not seeing nothing yet. Stay tuned! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 04, '14, 9:59 pm

Finally got around to doing this after perusing the forumer site and going through old shows so I could remember all of Evans matches :lol

Not going to do in any order because I'd have to go over them with a fine toothed comb to choose between them:

Battlefield 2012 Final - WCSF World Title - Kaiser Cavanah vs Shane Evans
This one has to hold a special place, Evans wins his only World title and thus began his epic one day title reign until the next night when Kaiser stole it all away! When you know you're winning the title, and it's the Battlefield Final, expectations are high, especially given the quality of prior Finals. Working with Kaiser is awesome, he was firing on all cylinders here, and it would have been great to see where this all would have led, unfortunately the WCSF wasn't long for the world at this point.

Battlefield 2011 Final - Shane Evans vs Desmond Frazier
What a great match this was, Taj, for all his boasting as of late, really is that good! Frazier and Evans were both coming into their own as big time players around this time and I remember reading the parts that Taj wrote and being amazed at the emotion injected into the match. It truly had that big match feeling to it. He made Evans look like a million bucks, as I kicked out of almost everything he had before he finally finished me off :P

Hacked 2011 - Dog Collar Match - Shane Evans vs Johnny Devine
Working with Tom is like the Holy Grail of sim fedding, especially at this time when Devine was just an awesome heel, and maybe the best character in the WCSF at the time. This feud was special to me and it really put Evans on the map as a rising star. I remember Tom and I really pushing hard to include the Dog Collar match in the vote and for people to vote for it. I think it turned out great and was fantastic to write. I believe it was the only Dog Collar match in WCSF history and I think we did it proud.

Revolution V - Street Fight - Shane Evans vs Nick Foster
My first big singles Revolution match, and I wanted it to be special. It was great teaming up with Nick in the Mafia, those were fun times for both of us I'm sure. But to be able to do the tag team splitting angle, and have it lead to the biggest stage, was tremendous. I believe I'd never been able to write a gimmick match up until this point and was very much looking forward to breaking out the brutality and blood.

Meltdown 2011 - Shane Evans vs Johnny Devine
I was trying to not put matches with the same person, but this match I remember being super pumped about as it was our first meeting together one on one since the Mafia split, and the storyline going into it was great. I just had to include it. Tom is the master of putting together emotional, gripping, dramatic matches like this, where it looks like it can go either way, and the finishes of all his matches are so well written. I remember after this match reading it and thinking it was the best match I'd ever had a part of writing, so it has to go on here.

Honourable Mentions:
Meltdown 2012 - Shane Evans vs Kaiser Cavanah
Revolution VI - Shane Evans vs Kaiser Cavanah (3 PPV's we had against each other in a row!! lol)
2011 Battlefield Quarterfinal - Shane Evans vs Rage Mishima
Nothing to Lose 2010 - WCSF Tag Titles - Evans & Foster vs Team Catwalk
Annihilation 2010 - Elimination Tag - The Mafia vs The Yakuzas
Meltdown 2009 - WCSF Tag Titles - Evans & Foster vs The Yakuzas (Mishima & Murakami)
Mayhem - Triple Threat Cage - Shane Evans vs Alex Morgan vs Daz
Meltdown 2012 - Team Catwalk vs South American Syndicate

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Tom » Apr 05, '14, 7:04 pm

This is always a hard one for me. If you asked me a year ago, I would probably say a different five because my mind always changes about them. But there are two or three that are always solidified in here. Anyway, here are my top five, in no particular order:

vs Daz, Annihilation
For me, this was one of my 'most complete' matches. The feud itself is probably my favourite, along with the Maverick one. It put Devine in a completely different position, as the protagonist against Daz. The match itself was awesome. Psychology wise it was probably my best match (the fans hating Daz and it effecting his performance, the British/Texas Cloverleaf exchange giving the UK/USA feud at the time, the re-introduction of Daz's mask to signal that there was another "face" to him to name a few). I think we really put a lot into this match and at the time I wrote it, I felt it was the best I had ever been apart of. I must give the match a read again sometime, just to see if it was just as good as I remember it being.

vs Maverick, Revolution VI
Two of the biggest heels in WCSF history battling it out at the biggest show of the year? For me there was a lot of pressure with this one. I remember re-writing the first part I wrote all over again because I wasn't happy with it. This match was probably the most pressurising for me because it really was Devine's biggest match in my opinion, including his title win. However, I think Hanley and I managed to convey the characteristics which made both men different, and introduce the story of it. I remember during the feud that we didn't want any physical violence between Devine and Maverick because it would make the moment at the biggest show of the year even more special. There was some great stuff in this one. However, the finish of this match was probably the best of Devine's career, and I have Hanley to thank for that one because it was his suggestion. Devine interefering with the turnbuckle while a renegade like Maverick tried going one step further by climbing the top turnbuckle, with the turnbuckle collapsing on him. Followed up by the DVD off the top rope. Just some off the chain stuff here. I think we complimented each other well, and managed to each of our parts better as it was passed along. To get the chance to write Devine/Maverick and write with Hanley was an honour.

vs Shane Evans, Dog Collar Match, Hacked
This was a first of its kind in WCSF so we really had to set the standard with it. Added to that was the fact that Brett and I had put on a MOTY candidate the previous month as well. So it was always gonna be hard to try and top that one. I feel we did though. We managed to pull off some rather unique stuff with it, and make the dog collar the focus of the match, which I think is always important in stipulation matches. Being the guy that put over Evans was an honour, I think he went on to achieve an awful lot that year and this was the start of everything for him as a singles competitor.

vs Flynn. Battlefield
I will include this one because it was the first match I had to write myself and because of its sentimental value (I do feel I was involved in better matches). I really used this as an opportunity to show the mods what I could do and I think this was the match people finally realised the potential of Devine. Freddy Flynn was booked as a flashy veteran, a legend in the business and I think this match put across that really well. Flynn really looked like a legend in the match, a guy doing everything to keep his career in tact and 'rescue' Charisma from the evil clutches of Devine. Charisma revealing that she was always aligned with Devine at the end was a great way to end it, and the victory was probably the first time Devine (and The Mafia) got to show hiw devious they could be in a big time match.

vs Johnny Briggs, I Quit Match, Annihilation
Devine and Briggs had insane chemistry. We also had a match at Meltdown the previous month, which was a highly entertaining one. But this one was a stipulation match, my first proper stipulation match on pay per view and I can remember thinking that I wanted to steal the show with it. I think we gave it a fair good shot as well, despite Daz/J-Lo also being on the same card. We through some great stuff in here, some good psychology with the handcuffs to signal what Devine had done to the referee after he lost (?) to Briggs the previous month. The finish is also remembered as one of the most memorable in WCSF history so for that reason I have to include it.

Honourable Mentions
- vs Mebah at Rev V (quality wise, this probably should crack the top 5)
- vs Blake @ both Rev IV and Meltdown
- vs Evans @ Meltdown
- vs Andrew Logan @ Supernova (same comment as the Mebah one, quality wise it probably should be in the top 5. I consider this to be my most under rated match)
- vs Daz WNW
- vs Brian Davis, Nothing to Lose I think? Another under rated match I think, and Devine's first chance at working with a main event star.
- vs Morgan vs Blake, Nothing to Lose
- vs Andrew Logan vs Mark Thomas, Meltdown
- vs Mark Thomas, Battlefield
- vs Johnny Briggs @ Meltdown
- vs Foster @ Battlefield

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Stratusfied619 » Apr 14, '14, 2:55 pm

5. Dylan Kyle vs Daz - Mayhem
It's rather intimidating working with one of the best writers I've ever seen, and a lot of pressure main eventing Mayhem, but turned into a rather personal favorite match of mine. Might be hard not to have one of your best matches be against Daz or NRC.

4. Dylan Kyle vs Nick Foster - Supernova 2012
This was a challenging match to write because Foster had developed a new wrestling style and I wanted to portray it well and we did that and remember the countering of submission moves with submission moves made the match really stand out for me.

3. Dylan Kyle vs Johnny Devine - Battlefield Qualifying Match on Mayhem
Another personal favorite, remember going all out in this match without being over the top and the feedback that this match was a PPV quality match more than a Mayhem match was great and made me feel more confident in my writing.

2. Dylan Kyle vs Kaiser Cavanah - Battlefield 2011
Another challenging match to write because I had to write Dylan wrestling basically with one arm and taking Dylan out of his comfort zone relying on one hand and his feet throughout the match really tested me. Glad that Kaiser and I were able to pull off a really good match without it being redundant.

1. Dylan Kyle vs Amos Hess - Annihilation 2011
The history between Hess and Kyle is just great and natural because the characters are polar opposites of each other. ShaneO and I barely if at all planned anything out, he wrote his half and I did mine and called it a day. What we did made that rivalry memorable and having Dylan use Roxanne's finisher to end the match was the icing on the cake.

Stratusfied619 Male
Dark Match Specialist
Dark Match Specialist

Topics: 3

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)