PCW Onslaught Episode 7 RESULTS

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

PCW Onslaught Episode 7 RESULTS

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 24, '14, 9:29 pm

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: PCW Onslaught Episode 7 RESULTS

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 25, '14, 9:12 am

Okay here we go...

Opening:
Great way to show that Kaiser is still champ but also promote the Golden Gauntlet.

Water Under The Bridge:
Both of these guys are great and I feel both of you writers have really brought out the best in each other and have really helped push each other. You should both be proud of yourselves and each other. This was another great segment. Zaid is such an asshole and I love it. Johnny came off as a strong character here and sympathetic.

Here's Gabriel Reese:
Decen intro to a new guy. Still not sure what to expect from Reese but I think he could work very well in PCW. Great to have a guy who can hit the nog exciting spots and talk about an entrance!

Rise:
Another great into. I was not a member of SOS so I really didn't know what to expect from Sears other then hearing from those who were that Matt Sears was a guy that I as a mod wanted in PCW and I can see why they said that. I'm excited to see more.

The Unbroken:
I love me some Daz. It is no secret he is one of the best things to happen to sim wrestling ever. And this promos shows why. It's just so easy to visualize what is happening. And it was great to see Daz standing tall in the ring. (Mod aside) I have a feeling these two will meet again!

Introductions Are In Order:
I really don't like talking about my work but I will say this. First I hope people liked it. What I am trying to go for is these two guys have been working together for years, they know each other and trust each other. They aren't brothers but they are real friends.

False Alarm:
Nice little promo here, I am liking Phillips

Magnum Phillips vs Master:
Nice squash match here. Served it's purpose quite well. I think people in the audience might have actually felt bad for the Master… if just for a second.

The Buck Starts Here:
Nice promo by the Buck. Buck(The Writer) really has a good grasp on how his character would be received in the PCW and I think that is an important thing many people don't always notice. Buck started with pockets of fans and slowly won over the rest of the crowd tonight. great job.

Kid Spartan:
Short and sweet Really looking forward to Kid Spartan. A guy with both Mexican and Japanese wrestling influences should be exciting.

God's Favorite Wrestler:
First I want to say it was nice that the fact that NRC has had it's inner issues wasn't simply ignored now that they have the belts. Really liked seeing Barry and Knight on their own in a segment. I never wanted Amos to really overshadow either man and it was nice to see them have some breathing room.

Breakdown:
Well here it is ladies and gentlemen the payoff. Miller really does seem unstable. I enjoyed this segment. Daz putting his pain aside to help an old friend, Miller looking crazy and rash as ever. Good job guys.

Main Event:
I'm going to break this down by segment…

Okay first part I can't say much about because I filled in for HFX. That said I hope he liked it and I hope all of you did to. It was face vs face and i used the submission at the end to show not only the aggression that Richard has but also show that he is young and ambitious.

Nice to see Barry get the win over Richard this was all BSM and he did a hell of a job with it. Great back and forth that made both men look good.

Hope you liked the segment/match. Sorry but noway Hess and Barry were going to fight it out.

Again won't talk about my stuff but… FIELD PLOW!!!

I didn't write the last part it was all Nick. But I am glad he is a fan of Amos Hess :lol great back and forth and I am really glad he didn't bury me. Also over all I loved the commentary from Kaiser.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Mar 25, '14, 10:38 am

LETS DO THIIIIIS

So the title of the episode is The Golden Gauntlet. Sounds like we're in for a championship tournament of sorts, perhaps? I dunno, I guess we'll find out, but considering we just got done with a tag team tournament I guess I'm probably wrong here.

Lmao, Kaiser is great. Just ridiculously over the top. His beginning promo was reminiscent of his early days, back when he was still doing Cavanah's Corner, so that was a lot of fun. Here we go... the Golden Gauntlet. Looks like I was sort of right after all! Fun way of determining the next contender, I always enjoy stuff like this when it happens. Good way to get a contender when there's no organic feud already built in, and it makes the winner of the mini-tourney look great.

Water under the Bridge - Good commentary there at the beginning to put over the night. Opening with Johnny V! I like it, nice change of pace. Good to see the fun-loving Johnny V back, and it's an interesting twist that he has no idea that Gia helped him win. Here comes Zaid, yep we're getting footage :lol "Some might say she did this to help you win, but I beg to differ. I say she just couldn't hold in her true feelings any longer." LOL. Great stuff. I guess this feud is continuing then? It'll be interesting to see how the Gia/Johnny relationship progresses after this.

Gabriel Reece - This is Legend's new character, correct? Cool segment, looks like we've got a daredevil coming to the fed which is always fun. Looking forward to his debut.

Rise - Another upcoming debut! The phoenix imagery here is a bit on the nose, but it's fitting as it is Phoenix Championship Wrestling. Looking forward to seeing what Sears has got.. it's kind of funny, in WCSF we had so many characters get introduced as extremely young characters, but PCW has seen an influx of older veterans. Daz, Foster, Buck, Omega and now Sears, all well into their 30s I'd guess. Makes for a nice dynamic.

The Unbroken - Great commentary at the beginning of this segment. "He tried his best to break Daz's spirit. I don't think he succeeded in that, but he may very well have broken Daz's body." Good stuff. Yeah, Cage took the words out of my mouth, the way this segment is starting is very reminiscent of the Ex/Daz feud. To hear Daz say he's broken is quite a bit of a shock. I like this new character turn, definitely something new. Of course he comes right back and says "I'm still standing, I'm still here," but given that he's just admitted that Kaiser broke him with his own move, gotta wonder about his psyche going forward. That's definitely going to be an interesting story to keep an eye on.

Introductions are in order - Very segment heavy show, eh? I guess with the gauntlet later on and it being the show after a PPV, that's to be expected. Anyway. The introduction of the J Team... putting the Comeaus on notice. I guess I'll be looking for a stronger statement in the coming weeks from them, but the segment at least works on the level of being a nudge that there's a new team in the picture.

False Alarm/Match - The Master best step off. Bitches can't handle Magnum.

The Buck - Hope I did Buck justice with this promo, I wrote it just because the segment was still missing.

Kid Spartan - Another new star?! Love all these additions to the roster. I don't remember seeing this character in the sign-up thread, so I have no idea who the writer is, but I'm impressed. I like this tease... great atmosphere, doesn't give us too much info but doesn't really need to, either. Whoever you are, I'm intrigued. EDIT: Just looked at the sign-up thread and saw that it's Romo. Nice job dude, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got.

God's Favourite Wrestler - Yesss Adrian Dale time. Funny little segment here. Wasn't expecting the Disciples to turn up, though. I'm guessing these guys will be the next challengers? I dig it. Barry had a nice speech here about Hess being God's true favorite... good to see him getting more mic time.

Breakdown- Definitely interested to see what Miller has to say after the result of his match. "The REAL winner..." I think Miller's just a little salty here :lol I take it this is the end of the Mystery Associate? Good, that always felt a little forced and the fact that it's Miller who gets to take him out builds up the character as being even more demented than he already has shown, so good decision there. Nice callback to the Lions there, "working with others gets you nowhere." Wait, wtf... Flash? This is... random, to say the least. Why would Daz be the one to come rescue Flash rather than Omega? I guess I didn't realize that he and Daz were supposed to be that close also. I guess it works, but I think there are other ways that we could have kicked off a Daz/Miller feud. Plus, wasn't Flash's neck broken, like twice? haha. Anyway, despite the bizarre revelation it was still a well-written segment. Daz and Miller will be an interesting pairing... they haven't had a whole lot of interaction as far as I can recall, which makes it fresh, and it gives Miller a chance to work with a truly established star, which will be good for his character.

Golden Gauntlet - Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Kaiser having his throne placed at the announce table... fantastic haha.

Round one.. Bishop and Richard! Nice pairing of two new PCW stars to start things off, I really have no idea which way this one will go. Have to admit that I'm slightly surprised to see Gryphon take this one so easily.. there was some good back and forth action here, but I guess the first round had to go relatively quickly for this match to not be a behemoth. Anyway, good for Richard.

Round two... Ted Barry, eh? I was expecting Hess when I heard the music, but Barry vs. Richard will be just as good of a combination. Richard is showing some impressive strength in this match, but in the early action against Bishop and now here against Barry. Holding him up in the vertical suplex, good stuff. From what I recall, the "Big Cat" is a pretty big cat, isn't he? Cool to see Barry using some of Hess's moves, little things like that add quite a bit to the match and to the relationship they have going on as mentor/student. I like the use of hte Bible here... great call by Cage too, haha. Good win for Barry, a singles victory and moving on to the next round.

Round three... Barry vs. Hess?! This should be interesting, I'm sensing a moment with Barry letting Hess win? Yep, knew it :lol. Nicely done though with Hess getting on the mic and talking it out with Barry beforehand.

By the way, Kaiser's had some great lines on commentary. "I don't even have to step in the ring to beat people. That's how good I am." Bahahah.

Johnny V vs. Amos Hess! And no Gia... interesting! I like Kaiser rooting for Johnny on commentary, haha. Glad that Johnny got in some good offense, but once the field plow came out you knew it was over.

Foster vs. Hess... these two are bound to have a PPV encounter down the road at some point, so to see them fighting for #1 contendership is a treat. Nice way to star things off, Foster unable to lift Hess after the events of the match the night before. Really nice action here, Foster sells the previous night's injuries well and still manages to look like a beast by avoiding a couple of Amos's attempts to eliminate him. It's fairly obvious that Foster is going to win, but that sitdown powerbomb counter by Hess is just enough to briefly make you think otherwise, haha. Really great action here as this thing continues, the classic "boo yay" chants in the slugfest, gotta wonder how Nick is even able to stay on his feet after the beating he took the night before. Awesome ending to the match too, it makes sense because there's no way Foster was going to be able to lift Hess over the ropes himself. Great stuff.

A show closing with "Foster" chants... Nick Foster about to get his first EVER title shot... not even three years ago I'd have told you you were absolutely mad if you said this was going to happen :lol. Props to Nick, a well-deserved #1 contendership after all of these years. And a great staredown moment at the end with Kaiser and Foster. Can't wait to see how that feud progresses, and we're sure to get a great match out of the both of them.

Well done to all on this show. The big main event made it segment-heavy, but it was good to have a quick read of a show after that mammoth PPV, and we're off on a good start to Resurgence.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Mar 25, '14, 10:41 am

The Golden Gauntlet - Kaiser Cavanah is most definitely Ulfric Stormcloak, lmao at the Skyrim reference. Nice heel promo from the Champion, his arrogance has hit new heights. I think this segment would've been better suited in the ring being totally honest, it felt a little weird that the announcement of the Golden Gauntlet was made by Hypeman after he randomly shuffled into the locker room. I think it'd have been more apt for Kaiser to have a re-coronation or something only to be interrupted by his enemy Burke again.

Water Under The Bridge - I enjoyed Valentino coming out and exclaiming that he felt like himself again and wanting to move forward now that he has beaten his rival. I thought a little bit of Johnny V's dialogue was a little too obvious - "She loves me and would never do anything to jeopardize that" being a prime example. I think the segment would've hit home more if Valentino proclaimed he and Gia's love in a more vague fashion. Gia saying "Never need to watch the match or anything like that" was again another piece of dialogue that I thought seemed a bit too obvious.

The segment itself was really entertaining though. It provided Zaid with the perfect foil to allow him to be himself and him exposing the truth behind Valentino's win was great. Valentino and Gia now have an interesting new dynamic and with Zaid pulling all the strings I'm really excited to see how this feud progresses from here.

Here's Gabriel Reece - Legend's new character seems like a daredevil and to be honest, despite being the very first time we've seen anything from him, initially reminds me of Johnny Briggs. Reece openly says he's not afraid of getting hurt to achieve his goals which matches the 'Crash Test Dummy' persona that helped get Briggs over as a face. The parachute opening was a cool way to finish.

Rise - Matt Sears is the new character I've most been anticipating. His writer has experience e-fedding which is great and the character is someone with a history that includes being Daz' tag team partner. Having a link to Daz makes him all the more interesting and it appears that Sears is pretty bitter about his former partner's success and it would appear he and his valet will be debuting as heels. Quick note: the footage from 2006 showed a match between Sears and Onyx Jaden, then Jaden is revealed to be his former girlfriend and valet. Is that correct? The two of them had an actual match together before?

The Unbroken - Great face promo from Daz. Nothing much else to say really, his promo's in PCW have been fire since the beginning and the fact remains: he didn't tap out at Oblivion and so technically he deserves to compete for the title again. I'm looking forward to seeing that happen.

Introductions Are In Order - Short and sweet little introduction promo. I feel like these two teams are very similar personality wise so it'll be interesting to see how they match up in the ring, still no clear heel team though, hopefully that changes soon.

False Alarm - Magnum's mic game has been on top form and he improves every week. Great bad guy promo that I was enjoying and my enjoyment only increased when the fucking Master appeared, lmao. Brilliant having The Master call himself an idiot.

Magnum vs The Master - I don't really have anything to say about this, funny seeing The Master get squashed. He truly is PCW's version of the infamous Steve Hanley character. Who will he be squashed by next?

The Buck Stars Here - Who is coming up with these Buck related titles? Good promo, it's not always easy writing primarily for another character but Tim did a good job here. We have our first match for Resurgence and the question is will Buck be ready enough to compete with someone like Magnum, especially with the hot-streak he's on.

Kid Spartan - Extremely short promo that literally gave nothing about the character away. I can't really comment on this but Romo is another who has e-fedding experience and so I'll be looking forward to learning more about the character. The sooner all these new characters debut on the show properly the better in my eyes.

God's Favourite Wrestler - Yes! I called this, send the royalty check in the mail. I think it was imperative to tease that things aren't suddenly perfect between Catwalk just because they won the titles and that there is still some dissension between Dale and Brody. AWESOME from Brother Theodore - I loved that he was allowed to talk without Hess around and the way he stole the scene here from the flamboyant and arrogant Adrian Dale was brilliant. BSM has come on leaps and bounds and he more than held his own in a promo with a great writer like Daz. Brothers Theodore and Knight were great here and the fact they were quick to make it clear that God's true favourite wrestler is Amos Hess was brilliant.

Having served as the right hand man in a faction for many years I know how important it is to make the leader look good and BSM did a brilliant job in this promo, shame Sean Knight's writer isn't around anymore but I think Knight and Barry competing for the titles against Catwalk is going to be phenomenal, can't wait to see how this progresses.

Breakdown - Miller did a nice job of taking attention away from his loss and flipping the situation around on everyone else. His petulance in not being able to accept the loss is brilliant heel characterization. Didn't like Miller using the word 'twat' though - it's probably just me but I feel like that's quite a British thing to say and didn't feel like an organic thing for him to say. What I really did enjoy about this promo was the extremely valid point Spencer made about how the people despise him for being vicious and aggressive but loved it when it was him on the receiving end.

Flash being revealed as the mystery assailant didn't really feel like a big moment for me because the mystery assailant story itself has been a bit random and Flash was a weird reveal, maybe it'd have been more fitting if Miller was in the middle of a program with Omega. That being said at least we can be done with it now and move forward and in fairness Daz coming out to rescue his former SOS buddy was a cool way to both start this feud and it gave the mystery assailant an actual purpose in the end. Miller vs Daz is something I know SKS has wanted for a long long time so I have every confidence that this feud will be great and Miller is going to really stand-out in the next couple of weeks.

The Golden Gauntlet - Energetic way to start the gauntlet with two young athletes going at it. Nice bit of back and forth between the two with teases of elimination before Gryphon got the job done - he had an impressive showing at Oblivion so it made sense for his momentum to be maintained. Bishop is in a bit of a limbo right now because it doesn't seem like he has a feud waiting in the wings - I know Brett was thinking about bringing in a tag team partner for him which could work but saying that we have a number of new characters waiting to debut who could be a match.

Theodore Barry! Aww yeah I'm pumped for this after the promo he was involved in earlier. Gryphon again was impressive in the ring and showcased his strength. Barry using the bible as a weapon was hilarious and for the first time in what seems like forever we got to see Barry hit his own finisher and win a bout, big victory for Brother Theodore. Big Amos in next, awesome tease of a confrontation between the two Disciples but in the end it made perfect sense for Barry to happily stand aside for his leader. Johnny V's mind was elsewhere naturally after the events that transpired earlier so the very real prospect of Hess challenging for the title was daunting and it was sold well by Kaiser on commentary.

Hope everyone enjoys the main event. Foster vs Hess had never happened before so I was thrilled to be taking part in a first-time ever match up that presented a completely new dynamic to any other matches I've had thus far in PCW. Hopefully ShaneO is happy with the match and I'd like to think I did a good job of keeping Hess looking strong. I've been doing this for a long time and never challenged for a World Title before so I'm really pumped to be competing at the highest level. Should be a lot of fun.

Great show as always guys, although as Tim pointed out it was it was reaaaaallly segment heavy haha, nonetheless roll on the next one! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SKS » Mar 25, '14, 12:34 pm

Cavanah is such a great, cocky heel. Love his segments, great opening to the show. I like how Hypeman just walks in. :lol Looking forward to the Golden Gauntlet.

Zaid is hilarious. He basically killed all the momentum Johnny V had thought he had going for him after the win by continuously going after Gia. She wanted more, hahaha. More trouble for the couple, I wouldn't be surprised if they face off with Gia's managerial skills on the line.

Exciting promo from Gabriel Reece, can't wait to see him in action. I expect to see some crazy high flying moves, which are always fun to read.

Don't really know anything about Matt Sears besides this promo, but always cool to have a veteran join the fray.

Nice promo from Daz. Interesting to hear him admit that Kaiser broke him. He isn't going anywhere...well he might want to soon :P

Looks like Double J are a new addition to the tag division, should be fun to see more teams battling for the title and in this case, it seems the #1 contender spots.

THE MASTER. I have to say I marked out for his entrance. He just isn't very bright picking a fight with Magnum. Quick squash match, got the job done. Should be a good one at Resurgence between Magnum & The Buck.

Nice short promo for another new wrestler. Let's see what Kid Spartan has.

Looks like we're getting the Disciples vs NRC soon, which should be awesome. Thought this segment was a good first interaction.

I enjoyed writing this promo from Miller, and I did write the word "twat" although I do see Prophet's point. I think it was good to have Miller on his own from here on out and I think we still have some good stuff going forward with the Daz/Flash situation.

Golden Gauntlet was a fun read, although I had assumed Foster would win it after his great showing at Oblivion. I thought the selling of his injuries was well written, and I honestly thought Hess was going to win at the end, even though a heel vs heel wouldn't exactly make sense right now. Good showing from everyone involved, even Barry, who basically laid down for Hess.

So we have Kaiser vs Foster, Magnum vs Buck at Resurgence so far. Looking forward to next week's show! :tim

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 25, '14, 1:32 pm

The Legend's match has been added in! So go ahead and check out Gabriel Reece vs Ace!

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Mar 25, '14, 1:41 pm

Reece vs. Ace - Flashy debut for Reece to be sure. I like the tattoo idea as well... one for every broken bone. Some nifty offense. The flying senton and the tornado DDT from Reece, the nice powerslam by Ace after plucking Reece out of midair... good for both men to get in some nice moves in their first action. Reece hitting a second tornado DDT on the outside, it'd have been cool to see a different move but I liked the impact there. I'm not sure about "THIS IS AWESOME" chants for a debut match, but then again, I've never liked that chant at all haha. Springboard corkscrew moonsault? That sounds quite difficult to pull off, but I dig it. Nice debut match. Looking forward to seeing more from these guys.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby The Legend » Mar 25, '14, 5:48 pm

Open – Grand entrance for the world champ, one question, isn’t it PCW? Oh well, stuff happens. I love seeing the confident champion all of the sudden lose that cockiness when he’s faced with a new challenge, classic heel tactic that doesn’t get old to me.

Water Under the Bridge – Solid promo to continue the drama of this feud and probably take it in a different direction. It will be fun to see how Gia reacts moving forward and where her allegiances lie.

My Stuff – Good notes on this stuff guys, I appreciate it. I’m definitely still molding this character so expect it to be refined over the next month.

Rise – Interesting promo from a guy who obviously has history in this business. Should be entertaining to see how he develops moving forward. Only one issue with a mixed cliché about coattails, but that was pretty minor.

Unbroken – Really good promo from Daz. I liked what he did a lot and love what he had to say. I’ll be really intrigued to see what he does from here as he builds himself back up.

Intros are in Order – Fun little promo between two teams that have a lot of promise in this company. I like the Corneau’s and the “J-Team” could be really good as well. Can’t wait to see them in the ring.

False Alarm – This promo kind of went all over the place. From Phillips being ticked off about Buck to all of the sudden Masterson is out there and they have a match. Just a little confusing where it came from, but still solid writing.

Phillips vs Master – This match was good for what it was. It certainly got Magnum some more heat, but it would have been nice to see The Master get a little more offense going. I feel like the character could really be something if he got the chance.

Buck Starts Here – Good promo by Buck to set this match up, I really liked the commentator exchange after the promo. It was a nice touch.

Kid Spartan – PCW really seems like it is picking up steam with a lot of new additions and Kid Spartan could be a nice added touch that we don’t really have at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what he can do more in future work.

God’s Favorite Wrestler – NRC vs Hess’ Disciples? Yes please. Good promo and I can’t wait to see this feud develop.

Breakdown – Spencer Miller has really hit a stride in PCW. I mean he is just doing awesome things right now. Flash being the former co-worker was an interesting twist. I hope we see Miller vs Omega in the near future because I think their styles mesh pretty well.

Golden Gauntlet – Nice run for Hess and his Disciples through the gauntlet. It was a really good match and a better concept than I thought it would be. I would have preferred the final round be a pinfall, but whatever. I would not have predicted Foster being the #1 contender for this month, but it was a really good match. And Foster played it off well.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 25, '14, 11:14 pm

Nothing much from me this week. I'll just take the time to say that two people kind of broke out for me this week and impressed me - Theodore Barry and Johnny Valentino. Barry/BSM did a good job with his segment and his 2 rounds in the Golden Gauntlet, and overall was very solid this week. I think if he were to break away from Hess, he would have a successful singles career. Johnny V started off his segment with a very solid promo as well. I see bright things ahead for him after the Zaid feud ends. Although you and JDD always bring out the best in each other, which is why that feud is still going.

The Golden Gauntlet turned out very nicely. The last six pages or so with Hess and Foster were very, very good, so shout out to Prophet for writing that. I'm really looking forward to the Foster/Kaiser match at Resurgence and the interactions we'll have leading up to it.

All the rookies seem to have promising futures ahead of them. Good job guys, get ready for round 2 next week.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby HardcoreLegend » Mar 26, '14, 12:17 pm

I liked Reece's introductory promo. I think it'll be interesting to see how we can delve further into his character because at the moment "Mr Adrenaline" seems like it could be fairly one dimensional. As already noted, the back and forth chants during the match and the whole this is awesome moment seemed a bit like overkill. I could've imagined the crowd being more in awe at the debut.

I'm not sure how I feel to the referencing to other promotions, maybe it's because I haven't got a clue about the majority of them. But I do look forward to seeing how Sears and Jaden fit into things, especially when we already have a power couple in Johnny/Gia... Even if things are rocky at the moment.

Good job selling Dazs injuries, especially with him not being in the golden gauntlet. Glad to see his defeat at Oblivion won't keep him down.

I thought the reference of losing the match to losing a life in a game really clever for TBC. I've always seen TBC as very laid back, so was nice to see that them get a little bit agitated when mocked about their loss.

I find Magnum Phillips quite disgusting. The way he chews his tobacco and stomps around the place just gives me an image of this Texan hick doing what he wants when he wants. A character I definitely think I could work well with.

A good set up for Phillips Vs Buck at Resurgence. I like the fact the match has been set up early so we can see how things progress.

Really short debut promo for Kid Spartan. Not going to lie, I didn't really understand half of it, but it did make me want to see his next promo to see what he's about.

I see the dynamic of NRC and Dale being a bit thick as a way to keep the team as a heel team but a one that you can't help but like. But I can't help wondering why the clearly superior Chambers and Brody put up with him? It'll be interesting to see 2 heel teams facing off. I think it's easy to forget that Theodore Barry and Amos Hess have 2 different writers, so it's good to see a bit of separation here.

I really enjoyed Millers promo. I see him getting in on the title picture soon enough. I know Daz was supposed to be putting his pain aside to come and help his friend and all... But I do feel like we should've seen some sort of hurting.

I really enjoyed the Main Event. A nice gimmick match which I feel can be reused fairly regularly to find number one contenders for other titles, when we get them that is. A good showing for Hess and The Disciples during this match, but I knew Hess wasn't going to win as him facing Kaiser wouldn't make much sense. Apart from that though, I think everyone played their part in the match great.

I also think that page limits are the way forward! there have been times I've felt like things can go on and on, but this show was perfect for me.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby Everlong » Mar 26, '14, 12:28 pm

Yeah I'd like to echo the thoughts on Barry. Plus, I think the fact that he's going to get to do a lot of writing by himself now (given the fact that he's in a tag storyline and Knight's writer is gone) will be some really good exposure for the character. Plus he gets to do it with Daz and some well established characters. Looking forward to seeing how that all goes down.

So far it's looking like we've got this on the card for resurgence:

Kaiser Cavanah (c) vs. Nick Foster
Daz vs. Spencer Miller
Johnny Valentino vs. Zaid II
Magnum Phillips vs. The Buck
Neo Runway Chic (c) vs. The Disciples
The Brothers Comeau vs. J-Team

It's going to be interesting to see where everyone else fits into the grand scheme of things. Right now it doesn't seem like Amos Hess has much going on, unless he goes up against Gryphon Richard in a singles, but I feel like that feud has gone as far as it can. It could be cool to see him take on Orion Bishop. Bishop could use a dynamic, experienced opponent to play off of so that he can shine and we can learn more about him. The new guys probably just need to get established, so I think the next few weeks we'll be seeing guys like Sears, Ace, Reese etc. just sort of feeling it out and trying to find where they fit in.

We're in an interesting place right now, because we've got plenty of new characters to interact with old characters, and the only characters on the entire roster that had really established main event experience before the fed began were Kaiser and Daz, and not even all that much for Kaiser. Foster has clearly ascended to that level and Miller is on his way, everyone else is in a "buildup" process which has to be both exciting and daunting from the perspective of the bookers. Even a guy like The Buck, who was created earlier than any other character on this roster, is basically a fresh face because his last appearance in the WCSF was what, five or seven years ago?

I guess my point is, it's hard to get people over from the ground up, so having this balance of older and newer characters is a nice quality for the fed.

HardcoreLegend wrote:I find Magnum Phillips quite disgusting. The way he chews his tobacco and stomps around the place just gives me an image of this Texan hick doing what he wants when he wants. A character I definitely think I could work well with.

:tim Magnum vs. Johnny V could wind up being a blast if it were to happen, especially once Johnny gets his smile back after the Zaid feud :lol. BOOK IT MODS.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby HardcoreLegend » Mar 26, '14, 12:45 pm

Having Natalie Marie as my sole character in WCSF meant I was limited with who I could work with, so I'm definitely looking forward to working with some writers who I never got the chance to. I can already picture potential feuds in my head.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby BSM » Mar 28, '14, 3:16 pm

Fun way to open the show. The Golden Gauntlet is a great way to determine a new number one contender at this point, as there didn't seem to be any obvious challengers at this point in time.

Glad to see the feud between Zaid and Valentino is continuing for at least a little while longer. I think there is still a lot of mileage left in this feud, especially with Gia now seemingly stuck in the middle.

Entertaining entrance from Gabriel Reece for sure. Is he going to repel down the tron every match? Or is he going to do other stunts as well? That'll be interesting to see if he changes it up every now and then. The tattoo thing is really cool as well.

I'm not familiar with SOS or any of the other promotions, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Matt Sears. It's always good to have another veteran writer added to PCW.

Another appearance by the Master, everyone's favorite jobber. Quick little match between the Master and Magnum that further showcases the character of Magnum Phillips. Magnum's upcoming feud and match should be a lot of fun to read. It will be interesting to see if Buck can overcome the power and brutality of Magnum Phillips.

Surprised to see Flash unveiled as Miller's mystery partner. This looks like it could set up a number of feuds, most notably Miller vs. Daz or Miller vs. Omega.

The Golden Gauntlet was a lot of fun to write part of and fun to read. All the matches were good, especially the final round of Foster vs. Hess. Nice selling of Foster's injuries from Oblivion. Good finish with Foster uses Hess' own momentum to send him over the top rope. Looking forward to the upcoming battles between Foster and Kaiser.

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 28, '14, 10:12 pm

Finally getting some comments up on a show!! Back in Business! :P

Liked Kaiser starting the show on his "throne"! I also liked the "KCW" line, I didn't even get it at first I thought Kaiser has just messed up PCW until I saw it several more time :lol . Only thing I didn't like was the cursing, I know PCW has more relaxed rules about cursing. It's just hard for me to believe a company on television that uses large arenas now would be able to use the word "fuck" on shows with no consequence.

Random note but I love "Hypeman" as the backstage interviewer, always makes me smile.

The feud between Valentino and Zaid has been really well done. The whole "will she or won't she" thing with Gia is well treaded ground in wrestling history yet this feud has done a good job of keeping me guessing of whether Gia is going to jump to Zaid's side or stay with her man. The plot keeps thickening and I can't wait to see what she does in the end.

Really liked Legend's promo for Gabriel Reece. Definitely seemed comparable to Johnny Briggs, except it seems so far anyway like Reece is a little bit less sarcastic and humourous. Liked the ending with the parachute, a hell of a debut.

Reece vs Ace was a solid introduction for both men. Like Tim I wasn't sure about the "this is awesome" chant for two guys that the fans wouldn't know very well at all. Just a minor complaint though.

I'm somewhat familiar with Matt Sears from some SoS stuff I've read in the past, and I definitely know he's got a great writer. Good promo, that leaves a lot left to be heard in the coming weeks. Seems like he's not too happy with his old buddy Daz, and I have to wonder how long it'll be before they cross paths in PCW.

Typically solid Daz promo. Sounds like he's out of the title picture for the foreseeable future, which is unfortunate given how awesome he is. But it'll be cool to see some new blood in the main event, and whatever Daz does is going to be well focused on so I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Not sure what to make out of BJ and JJ just yet. This promo seemed a little vague on what they're all about, other than winning titles of course. I would have liked to see a little more character development in the promo for them, but I'm sure that can be done in the coming shows. I'm a fan of the Comeau's, I like their shtick and the comedy and lightheartedness is a welcome change from the majority of the show being more serious.

I have to say I love the old schoolness of Magnum Phillips, it's like he just walked out of the 80's wrestling scene into the new wrestling world. Buck vs Phillips should be a great program, with two veteran writers working together I know the matches will be top notch and a boon for both characters. Also, spitting chewing tobacco in the face is nasty as hell :P

A very cryptic Kid Spartan promo, but I'm definitely intrigued by him. Looking forward to learning more.

Looks like we're headed to a Disciples vs NRC tag title feud, which should make for some interesting promos like this one. Good for BSM for stepping up when his partner disappeared, he deserves props.

SKS wrote a pretty damn good promo for Miller here. The content and delivery was good. I just have some problems with the Flash reveal as the mystery partner. I doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, much like others have mentioned. I don't get why he would help Miller out, there was no tease, no mention of him at all lately or anything, and Omega hasn't been involved at all. Just a bizarre reveal. But I won't rip it too bad as I'll have to see what happens going forward.

I liked the Golden Gauntlet idea as a way to determine a #1 Contender that is outside of the box. Kudos to the Mods for that. It was also nice to see some fresh faces competing for the spot as well, you never know who will step up when given more opportunity. Not sure how Bishop got selected after getting his ass kicked by Magnum though :P

Everybody wrote well, but the final portion with Foster and Hess was great. Hess is on fire lately and is one of the MVP's of the fed. prophet definitely deserves the win and a title shot, it's a long time coming and Nick has improved by leaps and bounds over the past year of WCSF and now PCW. Should be an awesome match and maybe Foster is a dark horse to dethrone Kaiser.

Great show everyone!! On to the next!! Can't wait!! :tim

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Apr 03, '14, 4:29 am

Golden Gauntlet - Kaiser Cavanah opening with a promo, who does he think he is, Triple H? I am secretly delighted the KCW thing is being continued. How long before Kaiser gets custom plates for the title belt? I really liked that Hypeman gave Kaiser the bad news about the Golden Gauntlet instead of Richard Burke. Burke has been used a lot during the Kaiser segments and this just made a nice change.

Water Under the Bridge – This was great. I’ve been a little bit critical here and there of Valentino but I think the character really hit its stride with this promo. Really good stuff and the perfect follow-up to Oblivion. Christ Zaid is so damn entertaining. These three are all great counterpoints for one another. Replaying the tape to show Gia kissing Zaid was such a sleazy Zaid thing to do and the seeds of discontent continue to be sown between Johnny V and his lady friend. I’m glad this feud is gonna continue as I definitely feel there’s more legs to it.

Here’s Gabriel Reece – Love seeing new characters introduced. Very interesting way to go about it. Seems like quite the daredevil. I’m interested in seeing how this translates into his in-ring stuff.

Gabriel Reece vs. Ace – Quite the entrance for Reece and good description, painting quite the picture of his physical appearance. I’m not sure how I feel about a Tornado DDT being used in the opening moments of a match. I feel like we jumped into the closing stages of a match and pissed all the build-up into it. And as Tim pointed out, not sure about the “This is Awesome!” chants either. It seemed a bit much for the first appearance of both characters. I’d have preferred a slightly slower start to things, to contrast against the high flying that ended things. I’m a nitpicky meticulous prick though so take this all with a grain of salt.

Rise – Obviously familiar with Matt Sears. Obviously a big fan. Good little promo, was surprised to see Onyx Jaden brought back into the fold because of the history with those two characters. It’s gonna be a nice treat for me, seeing how they play off one another.

The Unbroken – I don’t think I’ve written a Daz match for Onslaught quite yet. I quite like that. Daz is too crippled to wrestle a full schedule on weekly television lol. Deliberately played the opening of this exactly the same way I did for the Daz/Ex segment post Annihilation where Daz gave his retirement speech. I feel at this stage Daz as a character is more of an attraction than someone who should be chasing titles, so moving him out of the title picture is the right call, and I enjoyed the way the mods explained it away, playing off the injuries inflicted at Oblivion.

Introductions Are in Order – Loved the start of this segment. The Comeau’s are a lot of fun and I dig their gimmick. Loved the gag about being the alliterative wise cracking tag team. Nice little interruption by the J-Team and I love the idea of a secondary tag team feud taking place that isn’t for the tag titles. We needed more teams and the J-Team look like a good one. Great closing line too by the way, about hiring people whose names are rife with sexual innuendo.

False Alarm – Love Magnum. Great little setup for the Buck feud without blowing it all upfront. The Master interruption was an unexpected delight and I fully expect a murder to take place in the following…

The Master vs. Magnum Phillips - Boom goes the dynamite. They’re gonna gave to peel the Master off the mat with a spatula. Sadly I don’t think we’ll be seeing him again anytime soon. I really dig Magnum’s knockout gimmick. It reminds me of King Kong Bundy’s 5 count.

The Buck Starts Here – Again, a nice little promo without giving everything away. I like that there was no physical contact as we’ve seen Magnum lay out Buck and Buck lay out Magnum. We needed the break and the build up to their next confrontation. Decent little promo from Buck, establishing that he knows he can’t take Magnum physically but showing no fear regardless. I dig this, as it helps establish the David vs. Goliath dynamic all the more. Should be interesting when these two finally meet one on one.

Kid Spartan – Simple and effective. Set up the gimmick, showed some good descriptive work. Looking forward to the full debut.

God’s Favourite Wrestler – Nice simple effective segment. I definitely didn’t want NRC to suddenly be united after winning the tag titles. They’re still gonna be at odds a little, given their differing personalities. I was hoping this would be the follow up feud for T.C and I haven’t been disappointed. The Disciples are the perfect opposition for NRC given the God’s Favourite Wrestler gimmick and I enjoyed Barry’s little speech to that effect here. I like the subtle differences in the way Barry and Knight talk, with Barry being the more devoted to Amos Hess’ cause between the pair of them. He’s been with Hess longer after all. Looking forward to more of this.

Breakdown - I didn’t expect Flash to be revealed as the mystery assailant but it’s a perfect jumping off point for Miller and Daz. I know some people have some reservations about this reveal, but hopefully those will be undone by what follows. I thought SKS did a decent job of moving on from the Foster feud without necessarily forgetting it. Looking forward to where we go with this in the future and I have full faith in Kaiser and the mods to steer the ship in the right direction.

The Golden Gauntlet – I was intrigued by the idea of this and was very much looking forward to seeing it. I remember when PCW was getting started on WWE-Club and there was talk of ways we could make it different from WCSF. Well this is it, the mods taking chances and doing things that shouldn’t be done or shouldn’t work, but having faith enough in the writers to pull it off. Kaiser coming down for commentary makes it even better.

I won’t comment on the whole thing or I might just be here all day. I’ll say I liked the early spotlight on Gryphon Richard. I liked the booking with Theodore Barry coming out next, given the unresolved differences between the Disciples and Omega’s protégé. Loved this line of commentary following the bible shot to the head – “Theodore Barry! Spreading the words of God through any means necessary!” Also Kaiser’s piece of commentary after being asked if he’d join the Disciples – “Nah. There’s only one God I worship, and that’s me.” So good.

Barry letting himself be eliminated by his leader was great. I’d love to have seen Barry take a full blown Field Plow out of devotion to Hess. That would have been pretty cool. Nevertheless, good booking. Johnny V got to shine a little against Hess before being eliminated, which I liked. Of course Hess had to make it to the final round as he’s one of the true breakout stars of PCW in my firm opinion.

Foster vs. Hess was undoubtedly the highlight of the match, which isn’t a great surprise I’m sure. Liked the early portion as Foster was forced to adjust from his Suplex and submit philosophy because of Amos’s size. Loved the call back to both characters Oblivion matches as Hess goes after the bandages of Foster (from the Last Man Standing match) as he did against Omega during the Handicap match. Clever continuity and psychology. Great selling from Kaiser as he says nothing for a good stretch of period of time, worried by the competition he’s seeing in the ring. Subtle setup for his clash with the eventual winner. Great finish, the last few moments as Hess nails the Field Plow only for Foster to land on the apron. Foster is the next Daz as far as I’m concerned. Really come a long way.

Really great show this week. Segment heavy as usual, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The Gauntlet was excellent and Foster/Hess really shined once again. Kaiser vs. Foster is going to be exceptional if the past record of both guys is anything to go by. Been really impressed with Nick since PCW started up and I’d love to see him get hold of that title. Where does Hess go from here? Possibly winds up involved with Omega to tie up that rivalry, maybe stays involved with Foster and Kaiser as part of a Triple Threat, maybe even involves himself in the Tag Title feud with his Disciples. Whatever it is, I’m sure it’ll be entertaining.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)