It is currently: May 13, '24, 8:32 pm

Matches/Feuds that would have made sense for your character but never materialised?

For members of the PCW efederation.

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Matches/Feuds that would have made sense for your character but never materialised?

Postby Tom » Mar 23, '14, 1:47 pm

Are there any matches during you would have liked your character to have been booked in?

One that comes to mind for me is with Vincent Viazon. Viazon had defeated Devine in the Battlefield tournament and it always seemed natural that Viazon would use that victory to elevate himself further up the card and be involved in a major programme with Devine. Unfortunately that feud never really happened, though it was booked to happen at Hacked when I was booking things for a short period.

Another, for me, is certainly with Desmond Frazier. Frazier was the son of Freddy Flynn, a guy who Devine "retired", and a feet he used as a stepping stone towards the main event. It seemed logical that Frazier/Devine would have crossed paths and that Frazier would try to do what his father couldn't and defeat Devine. Devine/Flynn II also could have been another interesting match up for Devine.

There are other characters I would have liked to of got the chance to work with but maybe would not have made as much sense as the ones above. Cavanah was one, though it was discussed during my mod reign for a match at Wednesday Night Warzone. Omega would have been another, I think he and Devine could have put forward something memorable!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Re: Matches/Feuds that would have made sense for your character but never materialised?

Postby Daz » Mar 23, '14, 3:15 pm

David Logan is the obvious one for Daz. He messed with Daz for a year, was ultimately responsible for everything bad that happened to him, he screwed Daz out of the title, refused to give him a rematch and made him go through a Cage Match to earn it. And even after all of that, he was still fucking with Daz, reneging on a stipulation to put Daz in the Triple Threat with Dynamite and Delroy Andrews at Meltdown. Daz went onto feud with Dynamite and turned heel, which was great ... but David Logan was begging for a Yakuza Kick or two.

Josh Outland springs to mind as well. We technically had a feud, or the first 1/3rd of a feud, but after that ... it just kind of tailed off. We still had matches against one another for the next 3-4 PPV's, but there was no rhyme or reason to most of them. I pitched a couple of ideas to one of the mods, can't remember which one, where Daz would have to run the Epoch Nex gauntlet to get to Outland etc. Never really materialized.

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky with my booking, getting to work with guys I've wanted to work with. There's very few Daz storyline threads that have been left dangling.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Re: Matches/Feuds that would have made sense for your character but never materialised?

Postby Tom » Mar 23, '14, 6:14 pm

^^

You could probably add David Logan for Devine too. When Devine was champion, they originally had a cage match on Mayhem which never officially got under way because The Mafia attacked Logan. It ended with Devine sandwiching Logan's head with a chair and Logan wasn't seen for months afterwards. Logan returning to face Devine at Revolution is something that would have been very plausible that year!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 23, '14, 6:17 pm

All these missed out feuds involve David Logan... Tim, get on it!!

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Mar 23, '14, 6:41 pm

I guess in thinking about it, Alex Morgan would have made sense for Daz too. We had the whole tease that Daz was gonna join the Lions and the tension between them. We did get the match out of it, before Thomas took the belt of Daz which was great, but a real feud between the two never really got the chance. It would have been interesting to do certainly, I'm not sure it would have been as interesting as the Thomas/Daz stuff that led into Supernova but it would have have been fun for sure.

The Three Bandit Krew vs T.C would have been a logical one too, had the CodyR stuff never happened. They were the antithesis of Team Catwalk and would have been good foils for them. Also during that era, T.C were faces so it would have been an interesting dynamic with the fan favourites being the classy, distinguished, stylish ones whilst the heels were the more street wise taggers. We had a couple of matches that centred around who could out cheat who, that I quite enjoyed. Obviously it didn't work out for reasons we all know, but the story potential was there.

Also, Melissa Chambers had a mini-feud with Natalie Marie I quite enjoyed. I really put a lot into those matches and promos, trying to take it a step further, but once Natalie beat Melissa for a spot in the Starlet's Ladder match, it kind of derailed the whole thing. I thought the two of them made good opponent's for one another, and Natalie having been a staple of the Starlet's division for so long, benefited from having a fresh opponent ... at least in my mind. Also, it was an interesting dynamic, with Melissa being so outspoken and willing to stand up to Natalie despite being completely outmatched by her in the ring. It added another layer to Chambers' character that people hadn't gotten to see before. I thought we could have really run with that, perhaps even given Melissa a title shot at a PPV or something, but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby HFX » Mar 23, '14, 6:51 pm

You know Daz, the Omega-Daz feud only kinda started. I mean we've had ST/TC feud many times but Omega and Daz never really got to make some real headway despite the title match.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » Mar 23, '14, 6:55 pm

^There was going to be a huge Daz/Morgan feud at one point but it never wound up happening. Instead we rolled with Daz/Dyno because IIRC jet wanted out after Revolution VI.

Str8Shooter wrote:All these missed out feuds involve David Logan... Tim, get on it!!

:lol that's alright, David is enjoying retirement. He's pushing 50 now, ya know.

But yeah, those Logan answers would work for me, as would David vs. Maverick. Andrew Logan had a HUGE amount of potential feuds that would have made sense but never transpired, which is a major reason why I was so tempted to bring him back to the fed rather than create a new character. Andrew/Daz, Andrew/Dynamite, Andrew/Maverick, Andrew/Frazier in the main event picture, Andrew/Morgan, Andrew/Thomas, Andrew/Evans, Andrew/Mebah.

Alexa had a cool triple threat with Natalie Marie and Nicola but never really got into a major one on one feud with either of them.

Sinistra I feel like fulfilled his potential as a character, at least in terms of the best feuds he had available to him.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Daz » Mar 23, '14, 7:03 pm

HFX wrote:You know Daz, the Omega-Daz feud only kinda started. I mean we've had ST/TC feud many times but Omega and Daz never really got to make some real headway despite the title match.

Yeah. We've never really had the setup there for a big feud ... at least not yet. Doing the title match in SOS made sense considering where the SOS/IOW story was heading and the show was set in Omega's hometown, and we gave it the backstory with the Commonwealth stuff.

The match in WCSF at Wednesday Night Warzone made a lot of sense as well, to keep portraying Daz as conflicted, his friends turning on him etc.

I feel like Daz/Omega will happened eventually. They've been tied to one another for too long not to have one last hurrah.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Mar 23, '14, 7:21 pm

Maverick versus the Logans is the big feud that never transpired but which would have made a lot of sense. He had one match against Andrew during the build up to Maverick versus Daz, but that was just a throwaway Mayhem match. A high flying rematch with Andrew as the heel (and probably the champ) would have been compelling stuff, after the Logans used Maverick to win back the company without cluing him in on their master plan.

David Logan versus Maverick would have probably been an even better match though. I always figured that Maverick saw Andrew Logan as small time. He always paid more attention to his father. David Logan was the one who really screwed him over so that could have been a good match.

I thought there would have been justification for Maverick versus Mishima way back near the start of his run. Tristagi narrowly held Maverick to a count out draw in the Battlefield quarter finals and Mishima just waltzed in and took the semi final spot and went on to win the whole thing. That was the kind of thing that Maverick would have been pissed about. It definitely could have sparked a feud between the two.

Of all the people that Maverick put on the shelf, it would have been kinda cool if one of them had made a recovery at some point and returned. Tristagi as a sparring partner was overdone (and I never would have wanted to work with him again anyway), but Craig Bell or Jack Douglas or even Reaper or someone like that could have made a cool feud if it was done long after the original injury. But all of the people he "retired" ended up being permanent.

During the International War, Maverick very easily could have been paired against Delroy Andrews or Alex Morgan. Andrews to a greater degree though, as Maverick did work a WNW match against Morgan. Those would have been natural feuds and would have been good foils for his wild style in the ring.

Another person that he never collided with at all, but that he would probably have had good chemistry with, is Omega. I can see them working well together, given they share a few similarities while still being very different characters. Would have been cool to write a match between the two.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby HardcoreLegend » Mar 24, '14, 4:51 pm

I definitely think a Natalie Marie/Melissa Chambers feud would have been great. I remember touching on it, but things never moving forward. The 2 were stark contrasts, you had Natalie who was all about the honour and respect of the business and Melissa who is a valet/manager and into fashion. I know just the thought of Melissa starting to compete in the division would've infuriated Natalie.

I also think a Natalie/Kuri feud would have worked. Natalie being The independent Woman and all that would've hated that Kuri went off to have a child and settle down.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby The Legend » Mar 24, '14, 4:58 pm

Any feud that would have won any of my characters the world title... anywho.... j/k

I would have loved to work with Mebah at some point.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby UTK » Mar 24, '14, 7:14 pm

I always thought Daniel Blackrose should've ate somebody.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Phoenix Championship Wrestling (PCW)